• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

fill up a glass of tonic, rocks & gin; LightningBlueStar

I shut the door and turn all the lights out.
    And listen to all the songs that the night shouts.
    They go something just like this...
    So go fill up a glass with tonic rocks and gin
    and drink yourself to happiness.

____The summer heat is tepid, like warm fingers pressing on pulses, hot hands smothering his body with a never-ending grip. He'd taken to lounging in the waters, they were cool, the lapping salty froth making his body feel rather good, making his blood not feel so much like it was boiling over. Nier did not know what to point that to, the boiling blood, the heavy ache within him, every muscle spasmed in a form of desperation, every bone seemed to throb. A strange feeling, a strange feeling indeed. So the buckskin grey stallion decided to do what he did best, and that was melt into the backdrop, invisible to all, just bathing in the waters, mulling, contemplating. A dangerous habit for him to get into.

____His thoughts past many topics. The desires were feverish within him, they leapt out from him and danced across the sky. He had many feelings, he was adamant of bottling away, predominately right now the feeling of wanting to please. How foolish a thing, a demon, a sloth, laziest demon, wanting to please another! Nier gave a harsh, almost bitter grunt and he pawed at the water, splashing a torrent of salt and foam into his face, his eyes. They stung but he persisted. A bitter pain had to be better than the strange feeling like a haematoma blossoming in his chest; heavy, burdensome.

____He thought of Star then, the dappled one, the little light that sparked the Gemstone Ridge with something more than the glitter of precious gemstones. He thought of the future also, her words, they still throbbed in his skull. Children. Little feet running around the sand. Mini Nier's, Mini Star's. He gave a low, brash snort again, a sharp sneeze from the salty air and he materialised back into fleshy form. his wings outstretching, shaking the droplets from them. Children. A bloodline, his bloodline. It was the right thing to do (he thought then, of the children he'd sired in the past, mere mistakes, accidents if that.) he wanted to be a better father than he had (his was non-existent) and of course, he would have something a lot stronger than his mother had. He had the safety of a herd, his herd, his land. And if any threatened his home, his harem or his future children. Well, they would definitely see the demon come out.

____He gave a low whicker then, a low call. He wanted company, it felt strange to think that, but he did. He had spent perhaps too long being a bitter and twisted man, spending too long focusing on revenge, vengeance and bloodlust. He was taking now as a form of retirement. He stayed within the waters, the foam like clouds frothy against his pelt. starting to warm in the sun's rays. He lowered his head then, ears drooped to the sides, for a moment, sheer blissful silence. a rarity indeed.

N i e r

the winged, invisible demon of tyrael & amnesia, stalks the gemstone ridge with no one by his side

Star was out in the meadow grabbing a bite to eat for lunch. She was enjoying the warm weather. Feeling the warmth on her grey pelt. She lifted her head she smelled the scent of her stallion. She looked around and seen him. She hesitated at first, maybe it wasn't her who he wanted. But she hated to be away from him but she did give him some space from time to time. She nickered at him and trotted up to him. She couldn't wait to see him. It looked like he was thinking about something. She came and pressed up against him, she enjoyed feeling him around. It calmed her, it was like a completion thing. She pressed her nose against his neck. Missing him but she was afraid to tell him that because it might scare him away. Good afternoon my stallion. She smiled, taking alittle swim? she chuckled alittle. She pressed her head against his concerned something was wrong. She wanted to comfort him if there was. But didn't want to be pushy, but she couldn't help it. Pressing her forehead against his. You okay? she said in a whisper. She cared for him immensely. She took a deep breathe before exhaling what she wanted to say. I know you might push me away after saying this, but I missed you Nier. She said with a small smile. She enjoyed his company, and somehow she could feel that he needed her company as well. She then stood beside him like she always did. No matter if he was angry or happy. 

She got s funny smirk on her face, she stomped her foot and it splashed Nier with water. She looked away acting like she did nothing. She then rested her head on his back. Watching the scenery, enjoying the summer breeze. She started to daydream about her life before Beqanna. Where she had come from and what she had done. Being in the river made her think of the times as youngster. Playing in the stream with her Black pelted mother. They had a rough herd leader, he had a deep desire for me even when I was a youngster and because my mother was around he couldn't get near me. He was always sneaking around my mother to be around me, but he got angry one day with my mother and he killed her. He thought if he killed he would win my heart. He was so wrong I hated him wanted nothing to do with him. He tried to have his way with me but I was stronger then that. So she ran away to a better life. She awoke from her daydream remembering she was still with Nier. Thank you Nier for giving me an extraordinary life.She turned and kissed him in a horse way on his muzzle. She then lowered her head and drank some water.  

____Needles and pins throbbed in his eyes; a sure sign he was thinking far too much and moving far too little. He compromised and waded a little, he felt lighter in the water, his body lean, muscular, shining with the sea's spray, slick and dark in the sunlight. Nier drank, he bobbed his nose along the water, he drank some more. It became a mechanical action, instinct more than anything. rigid, unmoving. He gave a long, breathy sigh. Looking out at the wildflowers blossoming in the rolling hills of the plains above, he felt as though he had lived her forever. for a brief moment he wondered if She would have liked it, but then the flashes of death, his heart physically shattering into pieces at that sight, and he immediately ate that thought up.

____She was obedient, he gave her that. Perhaps it wasn't so much as obedience, or rather the sheer want to be near him. Could a demon really invoke such feelings? The thought was fleeting, as Star was soon beside him, fitting perfectly into place. Her coat was smooth, soft and warm against his and he felt every little fibre of her against him. Pulse, heartbeat, blood running through her veins. She was very truly alive, and beside him, at times he too felt just like that. Alive. As though the steady thud of his heart had started up again.No longer cold, dead and locked away.

____"There she is, in the flesh." he runs his nose along her spine, teeth trailing little nooks and crannies, nibbling here, nuzzling there, he meets the top of her haunches and then slowly, deliberately slowly, moves back to her withers, where he rests for a moment, his chin solidly against her, knotting in with her gossamer mane. "I was just thinking about you." a smirk, a crooked, handsome smirk twisted and toyed upon his lips as he moved his muzzle once more along her, deliberately slow, as if making sure she was real beneath his touch. her soft skin, warm, silky, her skin alive with a raging pulse. He blew a long breath, a quiver travelling over him as she rested her head on his back. Her closeness overwhelmed him, confused him as well. It was a torrent inside, blustery and uncontrolled. He knew not how to understand the beatings of the heart, the want of the soul, but he would try. He listened to her words, soft like satin, the quaint quiver of a butterfly wing in summer's breath. She was so much light, and she was here, with him. What happened?

____"Ah, the flowers always miss the rain, don't they?" he gave a low chuckle, positioned himself so he towered her almost, a stance more of a protector than a menace. His wing shifted, craning upward and cradling her closer against him, as close as it was possible. Her dappled pelt against him, warm, inviting. He blew a soft breath, plumes of it intertwining with her mane as he nuzzled her close. He was hushed, an inaudible sound, more like a gasp than a real sentence, he almost didn't know he said it aloud. "And the moon always misses the sun."

____Star was quiet for some time then, perhaps he'd done the wrong thing? pushed certain buttons that mare's didn't need pushing? Nier gave a quiet whicker, ears twitching, shifting like endless radar above his head. He shifted, part of his neck invisible, part of his side sightless. It kept flashing every now and again until he was back to flesh and bone. He listened, her was quiet, but he listened as she thanked him, and as she touched his nose with hers, he held her there, pushing his black velvet nose against hers, keeping her closer, keeping a connection, as though a single thread bound them together.

____"Don't thank me, Star. I need no thanks, just you. Just you here, with me. A future as concrete as the rocks over there." he pointed briefly, an ear, a slight shift of his head towards the rock pools that were coming into view as the tide was slowly going out. The sun reflected in ripples and somehow in that light, the dappled mare beside him had a clear halo around her. He blinked once, twice. And it was gone. The light, it was just the light playing tricks upon him... or was it?

N i e r

the winged, invisible demon of tyrael & amnesia, stalks the gemstone ridge with no one by his side

After hearing him say he wanted her here by his side. She thought she was daydreaming again. All those years of unhappiness seemed like an eternity to her. She had always wished or happiness and to maybe find love one day. And a stallion to be hers and only hers but would share him with the herd. But have the special bond with him that would be different from the rest. Her body started to erupt after the soft kiss he had given him. Her feelings were getting stronger for him, it made her shake and felt sick to the thought of ever leaving him. She pressed her nose against his and whispered. Im never leaving you Nier, I promise. She never had this before she didn't know how to act or say. Mainly speechless and enjoying every minute with him. She playfully nudged him, giving him a seductive and flirty look. Swishing her tail in his face. She waded into the river. Feeling the cold water on her white pelt. She went in about chest deep, trying to cool down her feelings so she didn't erupt and spoil what she really felt about him. So what were you thinking about?

The longer she is around him the more her heart is turning warmer towards him. It always would go cold when I was away, but he always made it feel warm inside and my stomach felt like butterfies were flying around. Had she fallen in love with this dark creature of the night? Or what was this? She could feel his actions have changed towards her Him wanting her around more. She wanted to spend days and nights with him. Never leaving his side unless to give him some space for other things. S

he looked at her stomach then at him. Thinking of little Niers and Litter Stars running around what kind of bloodline they would develop. That kiss earlier drove her wild wanting him more then ever. But she wanted to keep it hidden, she didn't want to ruin what she had with him. She then starred at him. What was he thinking about when she wasn't here. She looked at him wondering could this stallion eventually fall for her? Maybe yes maybe no it was in his court and I was just being myself until he was able to decide. But all she knew was she didn't want anyone as much as she wanted him. He was her moon in her dark skys. She saw a side in him that I don't think anyone else has seen.   .

____Nier listens, he is untimely in his gesture, but he rubs his muzzle along her jawline, caressing her, getting her attention, her eyes upon him. He was charming, the handsome steed, he spun golden words sometimes, but lured many in with promises, promises he kept with fingers crossed, promises he had no intention of keeping. This time, here back home in Beqanna, here, in his heralded, Gemstone Ridge, he was deciding if he would actually start promising things he could keep. Like come spring, he promised he would be a father to children that ran around the sand, dunk their heads into rock pools. He would promise to protect all the mares here with a sturdy hand and a keen eye. And he would promise nothing bad would ever happen to them here. The only thing he couldn't promise? was falling in love with every single one of them. It was a strange feeling, this bud broadening in his chest, it was a caring, warm feeling against his dead, cold heart. But it was not love. He felt love, it may have been the start of what love felt like, but he could not place it. So he settled where he was right now, in the warming embrace of Star, his teeth nibbling along her mane, digging into her neck, finding spots that would make her weak at the knees.

"I was thinking of promises." he said in whimsy, cool and crisp, he kept his eyes fairly vacant, his teeth kept massaging her neck, nipping her mane, pulling her closer, closer until all he felt was her pulse rigid against him. "I promise come Spring, that I will be a father to many of my seed." he stopped then, withdrew his muzzle from her neck and found the side of her, he trailed along her stomach, tenderly, soft, as if barely touching, but he was, he placed a gentle nip on her ribcage then and proceeded to message her withers. "I promise that I will be a father figure to our children, and that if anything were to threaten you, or them, I will lay their heads upon tree branches to warn off the rest." he gave a laugh then, a toothy grin, trying to lighten what was a rather dark subject, he shook his head, draped his wing around her and pulled her close.

"I was thinking of what the future holds." he paused, his eyes then went rigid, like steel, staring directly into Star's. "What our future holds."

N i e r

She felt him at her stomach. She stomped her foot and swished her tail at him. Nodding yes come spring there will be a foal if you wanted one. She stepped away from her herd stallion. Not sure what to answer to that question. She was just a herd mare to him, he could replace her if he wanted. She was just a mare in his herd to make a strong bloodline, what difference would it make what our future held? Cause you never knew what would happen. A stallion could come in and steal her away and he may never see her again. Or she might live here until she died here. But she couldn't give him a straight answer. She wanted to stay here at Nier's Side but she knew that wasn't what he wanted. She turned and looked at him. I am a non immortal Nier unlike yourself, I wont live forever like you. Eventually she would die away one day. He would easily find another to fill her spot. Theres always mares out there looking to join a herd and produce babies to make a bloodline strong.

She turned her back to him again, not sure what to say. For one she was speechless. She hung her head, Nier my dear, our future is in your hands. On what you want, I cant make that decision for you. I would like to stay here until I die. Suddenly she felt out of place, maybe he was right maybe this place was too dark and too different for her. Everyone else here seemed to be immortal, or similar. Maybe the black mare was right she didn't belong here. She started to daydream, on what she should do.

She started walking towards the water, her heart was full of love, love for what? a stallion she wont ever have or its full wanting to be loved or to love? This was all new to her, she never felt these feelings before.

Ooc: down yard so a quick one and no html, hope you don't mind.

Ic:

Nier gave a brash laugh at her latter words, he, immortal? No such luck, he was like every other living breathing fleshy carcass on the earth, the only magic in his veins were his Invisibilty and his angelic wings. He extended his muzzle, nipping at her hindquarters as she went to walk away.

"Star, is this why the silence, the burden on your shoulders? You think I'll outlive you, that I'm a taint on the rule of mortality?" The winged demon caught up with her, his wings giving him that extra momentum to come alongside and then infront of her, his dark eyes lit up a little, his muzzle extending out to press firmly against hers.

"The only Magic in me, dearest Star, is these wings and the Invisibilty. I am very much mortal like you. In fact, my dear, you have the advantage over me." he laughed, a sardonic little chuckle before shaking out his neck, his mane and looping it around here, holding her close again, he whispered into her ear, nibbling tufts of her silver mane.

"I have aches in my bones, I'm not as Young as I feel, Star. If there were anyone to go, it would be me first if time had its way." he paused then, thoughts mixing in his mind like potions. "I've been thinking of more than just children. Star. I've been thinking of an heir. I've been thinking of a strong bloodline to carry on from me, here. And the only way for that is to be born of the leaders." he played s little, stringing her along with deep massaging caresses of her neck, her shoulders, before finally he withdrew and pulled away, angling his head to look at all of her dappled frame.

"I want you to be my counterpart, Star. It seems only fitting, it be you. To watch the herd when I may not be here, to keep things in check. Dear Star, you are something else entirely and I can't think of anyone else" he was quiet then, contemplative, he had no wish for the raven beauty to be by his side, she was a little too fiery. Star was a dependable naiden with gentle eyes and was quite capable. He hoped he has not overstepped things then. He was new to this after all.

She stopped in her tracks, when she heard him say about heirs and wanting her to help him run his land when he dies one day. She lowered her head thinking about ever losing him, would just break her heart. But if he believed she could do it then she would. Feeling him pull her into him, she couldnt help feel his comfort and presence making her feel normal. But she was confused by what he meant by counterpart? These were all new to her, hearing him say he was not immortal made her happy and sad at the same time. He said he was getting older and it made her sad. She questioned how long did she have with her stallion? Only time would tell but it wasnt on there side.

Nier you say you want an heir.. Heirs are those that come from kings and queens, i am just a herd mare my dear stallion. She might of sounded dumb or she missed a step, but she also remembers him saying he wants me at his side and help see things run in Gemridge, was she promoted to security guard? She pressed her head against his breathing in his scent. You know i will help you with whatever you wish my Nier. She couldnt of thought about standing beside anyone else other then Nier. She was excited for spring, to give him a heir to his kingdom. And to finally see a herd building. She was proud of her stallion, from where he came. He went from only being him to being a herd stallion. Im proud of you my dear. She whispered. As she pressed her muzzle against his kissing him in a horse kind of way. She snickered, if you want me by your side you need to ask appropriately she giggled.

There she was all filled out and in her prime. Her pelt shined and all her muscles were starting to shine through.

____A myriad of emotions flutters inside of the winged man, as though the entanglement of thorns around his heart, the locked treasure chest, was slowly starting to unfurl, with it giving him a heavy, deep feeling in his chest cavity. He breathed in, a sharp breath, as though dislodging something deep within his throat. Nier had felt this feeling once, perhaps he had felt it a few times but he never acted on it. Far too lazy, far too in demand of the sloth demon within him. He ha felt things in the past, but the darkness inside of him put a stop to that, showed him a mirror of what life would be. Broken, useless, hopeless. If he were to follow the path that led to the lighter side of life, the side where he felt things inside of him that normal horses felt. Well, perhaps he should have stuck to that path, but then he would never had returned to Beqanna and he would have never met the dappled angel infront of him.

____"You are more than some herd mare, Star. I can prove that to you." the winged steed extended both wings, like twin angelic barriers, they wrapped him and her into a cocoon of sorts. he pulled he nearer, snaked out his neck and wrapped it around hers like a serpentine, pulling her close, so that hopefully her muzzle was close to his chest, where she could hear the thud, thud, in his chest. It had been years, a very long time, he was unsure if he ever felt it beat like this before, it was that long ago, but his deadened heart had a beat of life to it again. "Hear that? You've given life to this old demon's heart. I'm not sure a mere herd mare could do that, would you?" he playfully smiled, a crooked yet charming grin. he pressed his nose into the nook between her shoulder and withers, breathed her in until he became heady with desire, with want.

____"Be mine, Star. Be my leading lady in this world's stage."

N i e r

Star stopped in her tracks to what he was saying. She couldnt believe he had changed and his heart was full for her. He wanted her as his lead mare? She was beyond honored and she never thought it would get here. She quickly answered him; Yes I will be your lead mare with you my stallion. She couldnt be happier as she leaned into his wings that where wrapped around her. Pressing into his muzzle that was pressed against her. She was happy he was hers and she was his.

She placed her muzzle against his neck. Breathing contently, her heart was truely there for him. She couldnt wait for spring so she could give him a hier to our kingdom. He would be a great father, a good leader and mentor to all the foals born in Gemstone Ridge. So did i finally tame the demon in you? she laughed she enjoyed seeing a whole new side to him that only she saw. He was strict and mean to everyone else, she was proud of who he was and what he is doing. She couldnt wait to spend the rest of there lives together seeing where the future would bring.

Email PM Find
    Reply Quote Report