• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it was a blood-soaked feast that never ceased; any

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

The salty spray of the sea that bordered Nerine had been my home for a few years now. I had been quiet, remaining alone in the shadows or in the scarcely populated nooks that still remain scattered across the sea boarded lands. But a shift had taken place, Nayl had welcomed me here, with little to no questions asked. She must have seen it in my eyes, that I needed it...a home, not a mother failure. She let me in, and I shrunk away to the darkness. But now I heard of the change, that Nayl had handed over the Nerine to someone new, and rumor had it that she hadn't been around Nerine much before. Not that I cared, politics meant nothing to me, Nayl had done right by me, I trust she would hand over Nerine to someone capable.

But with the change in leadership also brought a change in me, I wanted to know more...do more, and there wasn't anything I could do from the shadows. Who knows maybe I was finally bored of my solitude. Beqanna had bestowed a gift while I lingered in the fringe of society and I needed to explore it, learn how to control it. I had some idea of how it worked, thankfully, but the extent of its reach was yet undefined. So I left my confinement and went to find this new leader, or really anyone. I had yet to throw myself into the inner workings and I might as well get to know some people.

Nerine was gorgeous during the summer, breezy and warm. The rolling hills off the cliff faces were lush with grasses and wild flowers, and the trees were a brilliant green. I walked through tall grasses and looked behind to see the small trail I had cut through the small stalks. I walked until I was at one of the many common meeting areas, a shoreline by the sea. There were a few around and something within me stirred, as if it were reaching out to those around me sensing something within them- my gift. It was the oddest feeling and I felt something within me wanted to change to become something else-someone different. Panicked I screamed “no” within my mind and it all stopped. I couldn't be changing and whatever else right now. I wasn't ready to try it out… I could hurt someone, and what an impression that would make.

I steadied myself, filling my lungs with the warm salty air so characteristic of my home and held it there for a moment before exhaling. When my heart no longer beat so rapidly against my ribs knew I was ready. I can do this. fell softly from my lips. Not to anyone but myself, I wasn't nervous about adventuring out, but I was concerned about this power within me. I looked around the area, it was quiet, only a few dwellers, and one stood out.. not sure why but something made me curious about his presence, so I approached paying close attention to that corner of my mind with that weird power. He stood, dripping water from all sides, pearly white blinding against the dark green on his coat that tried to blend with the water he stood in. Odd thing, standing in water like that. Maybe it just was that- he was odd that's why he stood out--or at least his behavior was odd.

I closed the distance between us, stopping fetlock deep in the water, the cool touch soothing in the heat. By own mahogany coat looked more red then brown in the bright light of the sun. ”Fancied yourself a swim?” I said with a smile. I couldn't say I had seen him before, but it wasn't like I was an active sentinel. But he smelled of Nerine, of the waters that bordered us so I took no concern of his presence here. Instead I just waited to see what I could come to know of him. Had to start somewhere, right?

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

Ooc: first post back in a long time I'm rusty. Also typed this on my iPad. Sooooo sorry if I didn't catch some crazy auto fill/ correct.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it was a blood-soaked feast that never ceased; any - by Vessel - 12-03-2017, 01:59 PM