• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it was a blood-soaked feast that never ceased; any

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

Our eyes locked as my approach alerted him to my presence, and in that moment there was a mild tension between us, the tension of the unknown. The stranger dripped with water as his lips curled wickedly into a smile as he processed the question I had posed. The brief silence hung in the air, as he focused more solely on me, my slender frame seeming meeker next to the greater stature of my chosen company. HIs voice fell in an unusual gargle, always...do you-- swim?” It felt like he was searching for something from me...in me. It was an odd sensation. Maybe it was the curl of his lip or the gurgling beneath the tones of his voice but it threw me off.

I breathed steadily though-- fear was something best kept to yourself. Mother told me that, don’t let them see you afraid. So many years ago her blue lips whispered that to me after a raid during the chamber-gates war. I had never forgotten them and made sure to hold fast. If he as observant he may have noticed the slight shift in her weight, to the rear. He licked his lips as he awaited her reply and it seemed to solidify her distrust in him. Seemed he didn’t follow the rule of thumb of keeping safe all those within these lands, more so that he kept his own code.

I forced a smile and laughed off the uneasy feeling in my gut. My own voice fell lightly- never showing a sign of discomfort, Me? No… well if I mu--.” But my reply was interrupted by another voice, female, bold with hints of entitlement. I didn’t know who she was and the way she acted like she could just barge into a conversation annoyed me. Some just didn’t have manners. I didn’t know that this painted mare was the new queen, Isobell. It wasn’t like she lead with that information so I plead the fifth. I turn my head to the side to take her in. In a way she reminded me of Helleborne back in the days in the Volcanic Village, but alas they got along, I was not so sure about this girl.

Now while I had an unsure feeling about the peary and green man, I hated when entitled little youngins acted like they could do whatever they wanted. THeir mothers should have taught them their manners better. So walked forward towards the man, turned so that my right hip was by his left shoulder. Not close, but the change made an obvious “us and you” division. I paused before continuing choosing my words carefully. “Well hello, hello…” I said mimicking her tone of discovery and curiosity. ”Interrupting, well I guess not, I’m Boat, and this is Seaweed, we were just reconnecting... we haven’t seen each other in such a long time and last we talked we argued, I was nervous he was still mad, sorry if we made you concerned.” I lied in a sickly sweet ‘so be gone tone.’ Obviously, that wasn’t my name and I had no clue the what the drippy man’s name was. But I was making a point, and hopefully, Seaweed over here would get the picture and play along. I tilted my head from the mare to the stallion looking lovingly at him, endorsing the image of how they were friends and cared for each other. Little intruder mare would get the picture, and hopefully some manners. After a moment I looked back to the mare, a blank look on my face. The only sound was the waves lapping at the land, at least of the moment.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it was a blood-soaked feast that never ceased; any - by Vessel - 12-09-2017, 09:38 PM