• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it was a blood-soaked feast that never ceased; any

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

Beqanna had always been a place of mystery, consistently keeping me on my toes so that my blood-bay coat didn’t get burned (hypothetically speaking of course).All the while, as I kept watch, there always seemed to be something that snuck up on me. Not always something harmful, but surprising. First if was Chem’s return, then this little power or ability that Beqanna gifted me, followed by meeting Grimdark and how he had been stuck in my head since, and now this other water lover. Small little pieces of evidence that proved the veins of magic that ran through these lands. In this moment the little kernel of magic was that the dark green stallion didn’t rat me out, instead, he seemed distracted slightly, amused almost by it all. The cool breeze whipped at our forelocks as we awaited whatever reply the mare would have. Meanwhile, he continued to come across curiously captivated by my actions, my proximity. I was about to continue my little story, but the breeze let up and with the two-toned mare shifted closer, and looked me up and down.

The scaled mare eyes narrow in scrutiny, she didn’t buy my little stunt- not that I blame her, but her judgment of my person was too much. I can see why--my ass. There wasn’t a thing oversized about me. I was petite, lean with the curves of a lady that had seen motherhood. Not poochy, or swaybacked, she was a lady-- not some child with a body like a stick. But when she said her name, Isobell, I swallowed my tart reply. Another day another bridge burned I guess, seemed I was good at bad first impressions. Before I have wandered upon ‘Seaweed’ as I dubbed him, I had gone to find Isobell, Nerine’s new leader. And well I met her, and boy did I do so with a bang. ”Isobell, as in queen Isobell? I am sure my eyes are wide and the over-confident grin was long gone. ”I didn’t know it was you. But I have every right to be here and have no intention of leaving. Nayl gave me sanctuary, and Nerine has been my home for the past few years. I’ve grown quite fond of this place, and I’d much prefer to stay I’ve had enough change in homes in my life to be starting over again, though I can’t speak for Seaweed here. Also Its Vessel, not Boat.” By tone was firm, but not attitudinal, delt out the facts of my position and standing. Isobell may be the queen and we may have started on the wrong foot, but that didn’t mean I would allow the haughty mare to push me out of the first place that felt like home since I left Volcanic Village nearly 10 years ago.

The whole time I felt his eyes on me, heard the smile in his voice as he played along with my now known lie. And while I can’t say I was completely comfortable with the intent in which he watched my movement, I didn’t dare move closer to Isobell, who knew what daggers lay hidden behind her eyes. I waited as a quiet tension began to draw out between them, three strangers simply in the same place at the same time. I glanced back at Seaweed and somewhat lifted my chin towards him, shifting ever-so-slightly closer to whisper to him alone, ”Well Seaweed...say something…do something.” His one syllable retorts weren’t going to cut the tension, and I’d much rather he speak than have to confront Isobell alone.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it was a blood-soaked feast that never ceased; any - by Vessel - 12-21-2017, 12:35 AM