• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  There's the rub [Warrick]
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    As she turns herself from him to show the length of her body, he feels slightly foolish that he hadn’t recognized her, despite her obvious growth during his absence. The unique pattern of her coat should have been enough, but the winged stallion is not himself lately and did not put a name to her face until her voice comes to him on the sultry evening air, ‘I’m Ceara.’ He had noticed the ‘your majesty’ part, but the way she said it lets him know that she is only teasing, but a sheepish smile finds his cobalt lips anyway. He is nowhere near a king or even kingly in his mannerisms, but he gives the young woman credit for attempting to not only congratulate him on his new title, but to keep his mind off of other things.

“Ceara,” he repeats, a knowing look finding his face as he surveys Offspring’s daughter for the first time in a long while, tilting his head slightly. “Forgive me,” he replies with a gentle chuckle, a light dip of his head to further play the part of ‘royalty’ and keep the laughter in his blue eyes. He watches curiously as a thin veil of smoke appears through the air (not entirely surprising, with the volcano’s breath upon them in the distance), but he could tell that it came from her very being, especially the way it danced and swirled through the air masterfully, restoring the tendrils of her mane to a pristine condition before his very eyes. He snorts softly, tossing his head to reveal the brilliance of his blue eyes beneath the thickness of his ebony mane.

‘Wearing my daddy’s crown, I see.’

“I do not wear it lightly,” he replies with a smile, though his voice has a certain calm about it that came from the importance of his new title; some things were too serious to joke about. It is heavy, the pull of the crown she speaks of, and he can already feel it bearing itself down into his core. That is why he is thankful for her presence today, and her honeyed voice and though unexpected, her curious compliments about his physique and overall stature. It was unusual for him, but he rather enjoyed the candor, and does not wish her to be on her way.

“I’m well, Ceara. I hope you are the same?” He pauses, tilting his head a bit and watching the dark red of her eyes with his own. Offspring’s blood is visible in every inch of her, though the feminine physique and litheness is something all her own. “I was about to go for a swim; care to join me?”
    Warrick

@[Ceara]

Messages In This Thread
    There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-03-2017, 08:25 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-03-2017, 09:06 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-03-2017, 09:42 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-04-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-04-2017, 06:23 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-05-2017, 04:18 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-07-2017, 12:48 AM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-09-2017, 04:17 PM