• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  There's the rub [Warrick]
    let me pick your brain, girl.
    and tell me how they got that pretty little face on that pretty little frame.

He smiled as they walked, him holding aside the branches as they moved through the trees to where the hidden fresh spring lay. It was a little known oasis in Tephra, quiet and cool, it was not long before they reached it. There is a quick heart pang as she takes in the wild nature of the molten lava that flows freely not far from where she stands, and she watches as Warrick easily makes his way into the spring, moving his feathers at the water's edge as if he were the boy next door skipping stones off a dock during summer vacation. Her eyes softened as she watched him put aside the King and simply become a man as he grinned at her with a mild cheek. He had never treated her like a child, and as the cool water hugged him like a glove, she realized that if her father knew where she was, and who she was with, it would be the last time she would ever see this spring. The rolling lava provided atmosphere akin to a sunset. Was this an innocent swim in his head?

It certainly wasn't in hers. And she didn't even know anything about the birds and the bees.

He made small waves around himself as he moved his wings into the depths of the water, and after a moment, his bright blue eyes lock contact with her red glowing ones, and he reaches out with his head, beckoning her to join him. To be near him. What of the world have you seen, Ceara? She breathed in quietly, drawn to him as if by a magnet, taking a step towards him, and when she hit the water, she winces, as if the water burned. Warrick kept saying her name, as if savoring it like a rich whiskey. Hearing his deep dulcet tones reaching her ears, she draws into the water again, closing her eyes as she sank into the depths, feeling the water rushing over her back with a welcoming relief from the heat of their beloved volcano.

The question he asks is an interesting one. He has taken time away, that was certain. But surely he knows her father well enough to be able to know how he was with his children--especially his daughters.

"Beyond the forest, where I was born, I have seen little else of the world. My mother brought me to Tephra and presented me to my father, and then my travels stopped. It seems my father thinks me too wild to know my own mind. He doesn't trust me." She looks away as she says this, bitterness hanging off her tongue, but she was careful to put it away. She was not a child anymore, and there was no reason in the world why her Daddy should have a say in where she went, or who she was with.

And by Lord if she wanted to go to the Mainland, then she'd go. She'd just have to make sure she went with Levi... at night...

While her father was sleeping. Or away.

ceara
    offspring x reagan, smoke healing & fire negation

Messages In This Thread
    There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-03-2017, 08:25 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-03-2017, 09:06 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-03-2017, 09:42 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-04-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-04-2017, 06:23 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-05-2017, 04:18 PM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Ceara - 12-07-2017, 12:48 AM
    RE: There's the rub [Warrick] - by Warrick - 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM