• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want you to remember; any
    To be in the warmest part of the day was unusual for him as he prefered to stay within the mouth of his damp cave but he had waited for Nayl to come to him and lay within the warmth of his embrace since she had handed the crown to their daughter.

But she had not come.

Lior, knowing his iron woman, has figured she had parting words to offer and perhaps some advice. Nearly a week passes before he decides to venture outward. Like a loyal beast, he stood nearly day and night, looking east for the painted form. He had felt that it was time to retire and time to rest. Isobell had her followers already and he had heard she had her own suitors as well that he would make an effort to "meet" soon. But for now, Lior was content with simply going through the motions.

Heavy hooves draw him out of Nerine for the first in years. The black stallion is simply as such, no hint of the dragon that lay dormant in him, scars running like fine veins across his dark hide. His silver eyes seem to float against the inky darkness of his face as he looks at his surroundings to admire the way the vines twist up tree trunks like thirsty arms. Flowers of vivid colors catch his eyes and even lift the faint edges of his lips once he has pushed the knotted hair from his eyes. Deep breathes draw in the moisture of the thriving forest and he wonders how he has never ventured here before. The dark man finds a place to stop and draw a cool drink from a small stream as the sounds of lively birdsong met his ears.
    I want you to remember
    The forest of old were gone.  Renewed by her magic it grew to eventually be what it had been.  Tall soldiers standing a solid watch over the forests inhabitants.  The sienna and ebony mare found herself winding through the lengthening trees today.  Holding her magic in her chest.  In this part of the forest it didn't need it anymore.  Each carefully placed hoof bringing her deeper into the tangle of trees.  There was a purpose for her travels to this particular area.  A fresh water spring awaited to offer relief to her parched throat.

The pace that she set is casual.  Sienna eyes bouncing from the abundant ferns to the scampering chipmunks.  Ebony ears swivel to hear the hammering of a woodpecker seeking a good meal of grubs.  She smiles happily of the tranquil nature she had given back to the lands.  She considered these her forests, thus her responsibility.  She wasn't about to let greed ruin it again.

His large figure comes into view.  Almost invisible against the shadows the trees create.  But with his head lowered to the bubbling brook he stands out just enough for her to know of his presence.  Seeing him - a stranger - she stops.  Ebony ears flick forwards then back, then forwards again in caution.  A whickered greeting echoes in her throat to make herself known.  A dip of her ivory marked face is given before she speaks, "Hello there.  I'm sorry to interrupt you.  I guess we had the same need." Her eyes shift to the water before finding his dark face again. "I'm Kolera. I don't believe we have met before," her tone kind.  Though she wishes for his name she does not ask for it.  If he wished to introduce himself he would. Sienna eyes lift to the forests, "Are you enjoying the scenery?" She asks cause honestly she didn't know what else to say to an intimidating, dark stranger lurking in the woods...
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Lior] Smile
    An old warrior never forgets his training. Despite approaching from a blind spot, the dark man can feel the approach of another body nearing the place he drank. It is second nature to predict the movements of others without seeing and this moment was no different.

The mare is slender to the bare eye, her neck arched finely in a slope and her eyes were wide as the ocean. The silver eyed stallion lifts his head from the cooling mountain water with no regard to the way it dribbled from his scarred lips and whiskered chin. He stands silently, broad and tall, the tangled mane floating down his neck in a heathen dreadlocks. Lior reads her approach as he would have expected. Like most mares, she is lighter on her hooves with a delicate scent and an even more careful tongue. Her eyes seem to remain with his as she approaches the stream line. Lior says nothing and does not intend to but often knows a fair face could be the most dangerous. 

A single ear is offered as words finally split the birdsong. He watches the masked mare and listens to her apology. The tall man shrugs withe a great roll of his shoulders and that is all. He offers no words but only a low grunt. Lior looks past her as there was potential that she was not alone but after a few estimations Lior figures she must be and returns his attention to her young face. "No, we haven't." The gravel of his voice grinds slowly. "Taiga is very different from Nerine." The words are a thick murmur. "Are you alone Kolera?" Lior does not bother to give his name for it was unimportant. He was simply a man in a forest that was enjoying a cool drink. Lior cocks his hind leg and rests his weight with the audible pop of his hip. He wonders if the woman is from this place or she was possibly venturing through like him.
    I want you to remember
    It doesn't take long for the mystery man to settle in his space under the pine canopy.  He doesn't approach her, nor offer much more than a shrug in response.  His steel eyes look to, then past her and she can't help but wonder what he sees.  Or what he doesn't. 

Then his gaze returns to hers with not more than confirmation of the fact they were indeed strangers. A puzzled look befalls her delicate features as he continues.  The place he speaks of is unknown to her so all she offers is a smile.  That is until he asks if she is alone.  The inquiry perplexes her.  Bringing her bright smile to a weary grin.  Sienna eyes remain fixed on his figure that remained content in it's placement.  If he were to act in any way she was readied.

Finding the courage to continue their conversation she is quick to answer him, "I am never alone in the forests." She offers again her girlish smile.  A clue to her youth before she adds, "I don't believe I've had the pleasure of seeing Nerine... So I will take your word that it is quite different.  I assume there is little forests?  As that is all that is here." A chuckle escaped her ivory snipped lips.  Quick upward thrust of her muzzle removes the tendril of ebony forelock that had fallen into her view.  Her bright eyes scan across the rough exterior he exhibits.  Slight wonder to if the interior matches the drapes... 
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Lior]