• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Nothing Last Forever[Warrick]
    Many of her days were spent satisfying her debt to the fairies.  Trees had been planted, restored, regrown.  All with a selfless purpose. 

A season had escaped her again as she remained in the legendary forests of old.  Repairing the destruction tree by tree.  She had started in the north and was working herself to the far edges of the terrain.  You could make out the areas she had touched with her new magic.  Only her thoughts accompanied her.  Solitude was her norm but lately she grew lonely.  Attempting to fill the void with her magic but it was eating away at her little by little.  Her memories flooded her with glimpses of her mother and known sibling.  She wondered where they had gone to.  Why they had not come to find her.  It was her fault though.  Always running off.  They were probably sick of chasing her down.  Tired of attempting to protect her from her destructive younger self.

Dished profile wrinkled in deep thought but she didn't miss the incoming sound of wings churning the atmosphere.  She almost smiles thinking that her brother had finally come for her.  Looking up though revealed a darker form with navy edges.  Her smile does not fade at it not being the purple hue of her brother.  "Warrick!! Is that really you?!" She exclaims out loud.  The brightness of her eyes alit with joy at the sight of a familiar face...
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Warrick] I picture she is watching his descent above her like an angel xD
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    The air of summer brings humidity and sweltering heat, constant cloudless mornings and afternoon thunderstorms. It has nearly been a half a year since he had returned from his journey to the Great Plains, and while Tephra flourishes and grows, the blue-winged stallion finds himself growing restless (strange, for a being so stagnant and grounded) and as the sun rose above the ocean’s horizon and before its unforgiving heat blazed into the atmosphere, Warrick takes to the skies.

The sound of each muscular beat of his great wings fills his ears, pushing through the thermals high above the surface of Beqanna, lost between clouds and sun and sky, his mind flowing freely now that he is truly alone. His body reacts to flying almost as if on its own, without a thought from him - he twists and turns when needed, the feathers on the outer part of his wings twitching expertly to guide him to where he knew his flight would end - Hyaline. The blue-tipped stallion longs for the familiar face of Amet - to catch up with the bronze-gilded stallion and to perhaps discuss further their alliance, or to simply revel in the fact that their two kingdoms will be built upon a steady foundation of friendship and loyalty. He hopes that he will find Solace there, too. His daughter (gentle, intelligent, wise beyond her years - so much like himself) would never stray too far from home, and after searching every inch of Tephra, he realizes that she must have gone to visit the scaled king, for where else would she desire to go? Unless, of course, the spirit of Svedka has ignited within her breast and has led her elsewhere beyond all of Beqanna...his heart churns at the thought, and he pushes it aside. Solace would not disappear without trace, not without a goodbye.

Cerulean eyes glance downwards, bringing himself out of his thoughts to focus on the actual flying he was doing, and enjoying the lush and green scenery below him. Summer had only begun and has yet to begin to become intense enough to cause the grasses or trees to dry and grow brittle within the heat, leaving a beautiful landscape to behold. He watches as the scene of the forest below him unfolds into the once great trees of Taiga, his lips turning downward in a slight frown as the living trees begin to disperse into that of char and ash of the dead. He had been to Taiga before, but it was many years ago. He remembers the grandeur of the tall redwoods and how their tops never seem to end. 

The summer sun has already burned off most of the fog that traditionally covers Taiga, making it easy for him to see the destruction that is laid out before him. With a curious tilt of his head, cobalt tendrils streaming out behind his face in his flight, he notices specks of green saplings, young and growing through the black of the burnt trees. With a snort and a rise of his brows, he also notices that the number of new, young trees were numerous, nearly uncountable, as Taiga regrows itself.

Within the blackness of the dead trees, he sees a figure traipsing through the burnt trunks, her russet body glowing brilliantly in the sunlight. The frown that had crossed his lips before are now replaced with a familiar smile, and with a few flexes of the lithe bone within his wings, he begins to descend upon her.

Large and powerful wings are outspread at their greatest length, guiding him towards her quickly and effortlessly. His hooves touch the ground in a gallop, a few swipes of his wings to make sure he wouldn’t crash into the ground upon impact. He slows, cantering and then trotting, breathlessly towards her. He is walking now, a few beats of his wings showing his excitement at finding her before rustling them into his sides, folding them quickly against his barrel. 

“Kolera!” he announces, his eyes sparkling with joy to see the once-filly he had crossed so many years ago in Tephra. “It is me,” he assures her, coming closer so that he can bump his muzzle with her own, exchanging breaths with gentle huffs. “What are you doing in Taiga?” He asks quizzically, drawing his muzzle back to himself to allow his eyes to trace her appearance - she has grown and matured, and suddenly he feels rather old. He remembers their last meeting - the one with Levi - and a tiny frown darkens the otherwise happy expression on his face. Had she found what she has been looking for?
    Warrick

@[Kolera]
    As he lowers himself to the earth with expert form she smiles happily.  It could be no one other than her life long friend.  Settling his navy wings at his sides, he moves steadily towards her.  A confirmation comes from his lips that it is indeed him.  The navy of his muzzle touches the ebony of her own in greeting.  "It's so good to see you! How have you been?" There is an unmistakable joy in her words.  Gone was the sorrow and uncertainty that plagued her in their last meeting.

He must have sensed something had changed as he inquiried on her purpose her.  The smile he had held slightly giving way to concern.  Hers remains just as bright as before.  Sienna eyes turning to the forests to explain, "I know what it looks like but I did not destroy the forest.  It was destroyed by the God's as punishment of greed.  I'm helping to fix it." She turns to read his expression.  As far as he knew she still possessed her poison so she isn't shocked to see confusion riddled across his face.  A light-hearted chuckle escapes her as she presses her muzzle into his neck, "Come see for yourself."

Slender ivory limbs bring her to the area she had been working on.  The forests to the north were thickening each day fore they had felt her magic first.  The middle of the territory was quickly gaining strength but here in the southern most corner the destruction remained.  It was her last bit to restore. "I have spent nearly a year fixing the kingdom to it's former glory.  When I left you in Tephra that day I went to the Mountain.  The fairies gave me a chance to change my future.  So in exchange for completing their task that was asked of me they gave me the gift of creating life... All these trees, I have regrown," she explains to him.  Watching his features for understanding before turning to the ash that covered the area.  Releasing the magic to flow freely from her hooves, dormant seeds begin to reach upwards.  Ferns, grasses, underbrush and pines emerge from the ash and cover the area in a thick blanket of green.  Smiling at her powers sienna eyes turn to him again, "What brings you to Taiga? Or are you just passing over?"   
    Kolera

@[Warrick]
    He is happy to see her, especially when the brilliant smile on her face seems to be unwavering. Her happiness is permeable and tactile - it elicits a certain kind of joy within his own chest, blue eyes sparkling with delight for her. “I’ve been well, Kolera,” he tells her, the cobalt of his lips curling into a genuine smile, lipping at the threads of her dark forelock to brush them from her bright eyes. So many things have happened in his absence, and the stallion has an overwhelming amount of humility as he comes to understand how truly blessed he has been - he missed Carnage’s destruction of those he loved most, he missed the devastation that had wrought itself on Taiga, and most of all, he seems to have missed the tension that rose between Tephra and Sylva. The now devilish kingdom is never far from Warrick’s mind, especially now that it is his leadership and guidance that all of Tephra will turn to for safety and protection.

The dark blue of his feathers rustle uneasily at his sides at the thought, but he pushes it aside and focuses on his dear friend, whose explanation leaves her lips enthusiastically.

He listens eagerly, leaning in closer to hear what secrets she has to share. She speaks of the gods and he tilts his head at the mention of them (concern flutters across his face, as it always does), raising his brows curiously. Before he has a chance to speak she is beckoning him to follow her, much like she had done when she was just a child, and with a warm smile, he obliges. The stallion’s blazing blue eyes stare upwards at the newly grown trees, in awe of their majesty even though they are yet to be full grown. Something stirs in his chest, something like pride as he realizes that they are only growing because of Kolera. She has tended to the land and created beauty from the ashes of Carnage and other beasts, and spends her time here (alone?) to care for her creation, her work, her pride and joy.

“Kolera,” he murmurs breathlessly, the glancing towards her out of the side of his eye. He had never seen such devotion. “Your story is inspiring. Taiga will regrow, thanks to your selflessness.” He curves his neck towards her to brush his muzzle against the slope of her cheek, a silent thank you for all of her loyalty to her task. He is of smoke and volcanic ash and of sea, but even he can respect the once-great trees that reigned here, and is glad to see that they will be restored to their former glory.

“Passing through, to Hyaline.” He admits this to her with a simple toss of his head, the navy tendrils of his forelock cascading over his gentle gaze, a soft snort leaving him. “But you caught my eye, and I couldn’t resist seeing you.” He smiles, stepping forward to touch his nose to one of the young trees she planted, still in awe over the rapid growth that has consumed Taiga. “Do you plan on staying once your work here is done?” Warrick asks quietly, throwing his voice over his shoulder. For a moment his thoughts linger on Karaugh, the mare’s mother, and her residency in Tephra (though residency was not the correct term). He does not mention her, and he might not ever, for he would hate to deter his young friend from her dutiful work.
    Warrick

@[Kolera]
    When her name leaves his navy lips - in breathless tones - she can't help but look at him in a different way.  His lips caress her cheek and her eyes shy away bashfully.  If she could blush it would be hard to dismiss. Though she had always had a slight crush on Levi, he had never made her feel the way Warrick had.  

He commended her on her task and she was grateful someone appreciated her hard work.  If anyone would appreciate it, it would be Warrick.  Sienna eyes return to his face now that he speaks of his purpose here.  Knowing it was her that caused him to detour from his travels was flattering.  She smiles at the sound of the kingdoms name, "I had traveled to Hyaline recently with Levi.  I went there to check on the redwood the fairies gifted me to plant there.  I left to come here and begin restoring the forests.  Levi must have stayed a while but I assume has returned home by now." He brushes along a pine sapling before asking of her plans.  Her usual smile flattened to a fine line as she looks to the forests border along Sylva.  She thinks of her family. "I've thought about returning home.  I haven't seen my mother in many years nor my brother.  Often I wonder what has happened to them.  I assume they'd still live in Sylva," her voice is hushed in sadness.  "They probably don't care that I'm gone anyhow," sienna eyes turn to the navy edged stallion.  She continues, "You haven't happened to come across them lately have you?" Her tone was now hopeful.  If anyone was to recognize them in passing Warrick would...
    Kolera

@[Warrick]
    A sense of pride swells in his chest - the fact that he knew the one who had taken up the task given to them by the faeries and to recreate what once was lost - he felt genuine joy to know the sweet, gentle Kolera. 

Warrick is a man of forgiveness; he knows the contrite from the liars, the loyal from the dishonest - a character trait of his, that he is proud of. And before him stands a contrite heart, with the willingness to sacrifice herself in the name of others. However, the bay mare mentions Levi and the two-toned bay does not try to hide the bristling of his features, nor the way his feathers ruffle with discouragement. The young stallion (perhaps not so young anymore) still sets Warrick on edge, despite the way he has shown himself throughout Tephra. He had injured perhaps the only love he will ever know, and the distrust that lingers between them may never fade.

The blue-bay stallion smooths his feathers with a toss of his mane, a smile finding his lips once again, and no longer looking out of place with the expression of distaste on his features. 

“He has,” he assures her, knowing her relationship with the large bay sabino, and how important it would be to her to know that he has returned safely. Of course, with her own mother as his plaything. Warrick’s blue tail fidgets against his flank, his navy lips twitching as she mentions Karaugh herself, pressing his lips together to perhaps hide the truth. But Warrick was never one to hide what is fact, and with an exasperated sigh, he admits: “Your mother is a frequent…flyer when it comes to Tephra. She does her best, but her presence is not exactly cherished as I’d like it to be, especially since Sylva has become what it has.” His voice is casual enough, gentle as to not to alarm the girl before him. “Your brother, however, I have seen hide nor hair of, unfortunately. Not since our first meeting many years ago.”
    Warrick

@[Kolera]
    Confirmation of Levi's return to Tephra from Warrick doesn't surprise her.  It was his home and probably always will be.  She bobs her dished crown at his words.  The expression on his face quickly changes and it confuses her.  Sienna eyes narrow on his features as he begins to speak again.  This time he has more information than she had expected.  As she listens she can't help but hear the differences in tones from one word to the next.  Leading her to believe something more was not being said.  She allows him to finish but quickly picks up the topic again, "What happened to Sylva?  Warrick... What are you not telling me?  What do you mean she's not welcome?" The comments of her brother are dismissed as an attempt to change the subject.  Not just to answer all her questions.

The usual cheerful smile dissipates as she stares hard into the swirling navy of his eyes.  Demanding the truth.  Sleek muscles coil under her taut skin.  It was extremely rare for her to be on edge but something like being lied to doesn't sit well with her.
    Kolera

@[Warrick]
    His eyes rise to meet hers, unaware that their gaze had trickled downward and out from beneath her pleading stare. He cannot lie, it is not within his ability to do so, and with a certain bravery he looks back into Kolera’s large brown eyes and sighs deeply, his chest heavy with the weight of the things he must tell her.

“Sylva is not what it used to be, Kolera,” his voice is gentle and even, a stoicism about him that is quite ravishing, despite the ill news he had been given to tell her. “A darkness has overcome it, one that cannot be wiped away with magic. It’s something that has been brought by its inhabitants...” Warrick’s robust voice trails off, narrowing his eyes slightly as he watches her, wondering if she understood completely what he is saying. “Gryffen has led them into the deepest of pits, and I worry that your return to your homeland would not be as you expect.”

The stallion pauses, inhaling deeply of the fresh smell of the redwoods around them, knowing that his next words must be chosen carefully. “She is in Tephra,” he begins cautiously, taking a small step towards the bay mare, wings fluttering lightly at his sides as he flexes uneasily. How is he to tell her, a dear and sweet friend, that her mother has been captured by the order of his general, a captive beneath his command, and would only be released when his voice deemed it so? He swallows hard, wondering why so quickly the weight of leadership comes crashing down around him.

“She will remain there until the tensions between Sylva and Tephra have subsided. She is safe, I assure you. She is under Levi’s care.”

He concludes with finality, brows rising hopefully as he stretches his muzzle forward to perhaps brush the amber color of her cheek once again, hesitant as he awaits her reaction.
    Warrick

@[Kolera]
    The bay flicka's petite frame stands square and tensed.  Waiting for his explanation.  His deep breath and capturing eyes hold her attention.  Fully aware that what he says next may be not what she wanted to hear.  

Her ebony ears swivel to each word.  Concern fills her mind.  She had been absent so long that she was unaware her childhood home had become a sinners playground.  Sienna eyes soften as he mentions her mother is in Tephra safely with Levi.  She wonders momentarily if her brother was safe but her thoughts remain on Warricks description of the events. Her words are hurried with worry as she speaks, "Did something bad happen to my mother?" The ideas of what could have happened cloud her mind.  Waiting only briefly for him to answer before she decides she must check on her mother well being, "I must go see her... Make sure she's ok. Thank you Warrick." 

He had brushed her cheek and she in return touched his muzzle in farewell.  She was certain she was thanking her good friend for granting her mother the safety of his home.  With that she turned to the east.  Knowing the journey by hoof would be long, she quickened her pace to a smooth lope.  Twisting and turning through the majestic redwoods she had recreated.  Leaving the navy feathered stallion to his own journey...
    Kolera

@[Warrick] if he wishes to try to stop her, or escort her that would be fine.  But I assume he wants to continue on his way to Hyaline. Smile