• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  You're a chair now. [Levi]
    let me pick your brain, girl.
    and tell me how they got that pretty little face on that pretty little frame.

She lived with her family in Tephra.

There was nothing more that could be said.

She knew she had other brothers and sisters, but the only ones she ever met were on her father’s side.

Her favorite by far was Levi.

She enjoyed torturing him in ways that she could not get away with her other siblings—or even her father. His quick temper set him ablaze—and it was quickly (and happily) squashed by Ceara. Every time he tried to get back at his pestering little sister, she was there to quickly remind him that he was unable.

He was, she liked to remind him, impotent.

And today would be no different.

They were both grown now, but there was no reason in the world why their relationship would ever change. She was still the annoying little sister. His annoying butt was easy to spot, and she comes up behind him.

“Hello asshole. How are you today?”

ceara
    offspring x reagan, smoke healing & fire negation

"Fuck off." 
    But he only says it because he knows she won't. His annoying sister, who he can't get enough of - not that he would admit it to anyone. 

She finds him easily, as she so often does, and her voice interrupts his brooding. With a flick of his flame tail against his hock, he turns to face his sibling. 

She didn't look the part of the annoying kid sister anymore, but that was all he would ever see her as. Her slides were sleek and her legs long, but if he caught another stallion appreciating them, the way they surely would, Levi temper would be sure to remind them who's sister they were looking at. 

But it hadn't come to that yet. The poor girl had never left the island, and that was a problem he had a mind to fix. Sometimes he thought his father kept the girl too sheltered for her own good - she was a dangerous one to allow to grow bored. 

"Sometimes, I feel like you are just looking for a fight." 
    Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.
    [Image: BQLevipagedoll-DONE.png]

“I may be looking for a fight sometimes, but you’re an asshole all the time. I think I know who wins.”

She smiles at him, her black lips peeling back to reveal a smile of pure contempt. She loved him so much. And while she knew that he loved her, she’d never say so. She enjoys tormenting him too much for that.

And when he snaps his tail, creating fibers out of flame, she smiles at him absentmindedly… as she puts out his fire…. And thus his tail…. Leaving behind what she imagines is probably a bare tail bone, she smiles at him innocently.

“It may grow back, but I hope it doesn’t. You look better this way”

Again, she is smiling at him.

It is truth that she has never left the island. Her big brother was not at home as much as he used to be, and while he was gone, Ceara found that she’d missed him. But she’d never say it.

She’d die before admitting she actually LIKED her big brother.

She turns to him, spanking him with her thick (still intact) tail, a simpering look resting upon cheeky features. “So where’s your new girlfriend? Can’t keep track of her already? Doesn’t speak well for your manhood, brother dear.”

ceara

The insults roll off his broad shoulders, he was probably the only one who found her abrasive language endearing. Filthy words coming out of that pretty little mouth always made him smile - and it wasn't easy to make Offsprings son smile. 

But then she smiles, and he knows nothing good will come of it. 

"Funny." His voice comes out monotone as he glances back to the exposed dock of his tail. Getting mad only made it worse, but damn, he hated that. 

"Which one, baby-face?" He wonders if she could have seen him with Karaugh, or maybe she was talking about Amour.... or Kolera. Sometimes she knew more than she should. "Now you have nothing better to do than follow me around? We have to get you off this island." 

Despite his flippant tone, he is honestly curious who she has seen him with, and it hopes it isn't Karaugh. What had started out as following commands from his Ellyse had already turned into enough of a mess. He wouldn't mind her thinking he was with Amorette, but he didn't feel like explaining away the bat bitch and her whelp. 

Levi

She smiles then, a crooked sort of grin that was only shared between brother and sister. There was no way she'd make this face in front of Warrick. It was far too undignified. Far too childish. And she wasnt' a child any more.

She wasn't.

There weren't many secrets that Levi and Ceara had kept from each other when they were younger, but now, even as the annoying kid sister, she realized that their relationship was changing. Ceara would never tell Levi about her infatuation with Warrick. He'd kill the man, and bind her to a tree as far away from Tephra as he could. Likewise, she had seen him with a number of females, that was true, but to put a name to them—well, she was not Reagan. Speaking of which...

"Mother will fix your tail if you're impatient. But I make no promises that I won't do it again, Lard-Ass." Her foul mouth was stained with potty words. Words that she didn't learn from her mother. His weak little tail dock flapped in the wind like a flaccid phallus, and she couldn't help but giggle indignantly.

"And who is going to take me away from Tephra, and risk Daddy's wrath? You're so busy these days... it's as if you've forgotten you have a sister. AND YOU HAVE SEVERAL!" She's indignant. Huffy.

Her red eyes are flaring as she stares down her big brother. Anything to make him angry enough to defy their father and take her away from here.

ceara

She drops it - the girlfriend thing.
    He couldn't be more surprised. 

But then, she had always been a selfish creature, vain, and indulged by her aging parents. She preferred to speak of her own desired and whatever whims struck her consumed her completely. And of course, she is beautiful. That didn't help things. 

With a flick of his bare, flaccid dock the flames of his tail reappear and the look in his mismatched eyes dares her to do it again.

"It certainly won't be me if you keep that up. I'm sure I'll catch enough shit from your mother, I don't need more from you."

But he can't match her vehement gaze for long, and Levi takes a step to close the distance between them. As his shadow falls across her face he reaches out with his pale muzzle to tenderly move the red-tipped forelock away from her brow. There, he attempts to sooth away a furrow which had formed there.

"Let's just say we did leave, where would you want to go?"

Levi

Of course she hadn't forgotten his girlfriends. But the "who me" look of sheer panic... or surprise?...that was on his face was enough for her to be able to let it go for the time being. She would bring it up again when she really needed something, and she needed a rather sizeable bargaining chip. Ceara clicked her teeth at him, pretending to go after his naked rump.

Their relationship was something special. She smiled cheekily when he bantered back at her. Her brother Levi was the only one she could truly be like this with--her trough, foul mouthed self... Capable of putting out any of her brother's fires. She enjoyed more than anything to be the bane of his existence, and when he continues his conversation. Forever the big brother, he moves her hair out of her eyes, and tries to smooth away her emotion... like calming the volcano that crowned the center of their land.

She loved her brother so much.

"I think....I think I might want to venture to Nerine. I hear that in Nerine, the mares there are as strong as the stallions. And that they rule themselves. When daddy was overseer, he ruled over all of us. Then then Ellyse... but.."

She falls silent. She is not sure what to say next, except. "I think Nerine would do very nicely."

ceara

"Nerine..." he frowns, the hesitancy apparent in his voice. Nerine was pretty much as far away from Tephra as one could go. He had been expecting her to say the redwoods, or maybe a swim to Ischia - but his sister had never been a simple creature. 

She falls silent, and he places a light nip on the velvet of her neck, hoping his next words will bring on the mischievous smile he simultaneously dreaded and adored.

Levi's mismatched eyes evaluate her face, he is rarely willing to take someone at their word, especially when those words held consequences. "We are just talking about a visit right?" 

He knows that she is working him, just a little, but he doesn't mind. He wants to indulge his favorite sibling, to let her off this damn island, and he won't watch her leave it without him. 

"As long as you agree you won't get any crazy ideas, like refusing to come home, we'll go wherever you want... In a few weeks." 

He thinks about the drama he is currently entangled in - of his prisoner in the cave who he should be getting back to. The dark stallion doesn't know exactly how much his little sister knew about the unusual imprisonment of the vampiric woman, who coincidentally also drank his blood, but he wasn't about to mention that.  Even if it was the only reason he couldn't leave right now. It would be nice to spend a few days anywhere other than the muggy Island when his obligation to Ellyse was fulfilled.
    Levi

She stared at him. A few... WEEKS?!

"What is keeping you so busy that we can't set off tomorrow? Is it your girlfriends again?" She sneered at him playfully, whipping her tail at his backside as she drew close to him. She wondered if she'd see that panicked look in his eyes again. She could tell he was hiding something - though he would not tell her what.

She rolls her eyes, not waiting for him to answer. Instead, she looks of across the islands that that make up her home, and the sheer beauty of what this all meant to her. Tephra was everything - but was it simply because she'd never been any place else? Her favorite brother was distant, of on his own adventures, and she was closeted at away... and told to wait WEEKS for her life to begin.

No. That simply would not do.

And yet, she knew that Levi will never go for that. He lived for his privacy these days, and Ceara had her own secrets.

The children of Offpsring certainly were profligate in their own forms of drama, much to be sure.

Ceara stifles an unattractive yawn as she looks around, aware suddenly at the lateness of the day Feigned fatigue, citing a headache - she knows all the tricks. Her eyes flutter dramatically and she glances sideways at Levi, a painted look of sincerity upon her pristine features. "Okay Levi, it shall be as you say. We can go to Nerine in a few weeks." She leans forward and affectionately lips a kiss onto her brother's cheek. "It's late, brother. I'm going to go take rest. Keep your secrets, and tell your girlfriends I said Hello."

She stands, then, staring at the stars, pretending to be sleepy. Surely Levi would go back to his cave, and whatever lurked within its depths. Back to his adventure.

She would be gone, on her own, Long before Daybreak.

ceara