• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you like my pirate booty? [Vessel]
    THEY SAY IT'S OVER AND I'M FINE AGAIN

He moved then, just a step back. She reached out to touch him - the first touch he's ever had since he left Ischia. A small pang cracked in his heart at such an intimate gesture. The thoughts (memories) of his mother and sister made his heart lurch for a moment, but he was quickly returned to the present. A beautiful red woman brushing his tattered, messy, salt-stained hair away from his face. For the moment he'd returned to the body of a boy, the attentive attention of a mother, he'd been made vulnerable.

He did not like that feeling one bit.

So a shadow crossed his features, and he coughed a bit, feeling rather uncomfortable. He was so out of his element here. He liked her. Vessel. And at the same token, he did not want to like her. He did not want to like anyone. No one was worth that. It had always been him, the sand, and the sea. His mother's sadness, and the way his sister clung to her - and then Kerberos and his unsavory brood, brimming with madness. He had no want of relationships for what they saw in their eyes. He did not relish the ache that it came with spending time with others.

Vessel keeps talking, settling into their easy conversation, not having noticed the change in his demeanor. He supposed it was for the best - she did nothing wrong to warrant the negative change in his countenance. And so while he stood there, vaguely bored, a few key words were pulled from her speech, and immediately his eyes were on her with interest again.

Reckoning.

Nerine.

He was younger than her, then. Interesting. Grimdark had been born at the height of the Reckoning, but had been one of the few who had been born with the magic of his abilities. His mother had always called him special. But he had never known what those abilities were - had never cared - and thus had never thought to try to use them. He simply was, as he was. So, the Reckoning had never bothered him, or meant much to him. He tilted his head, tucking this little bit of knowledge behind him. He had had nothing to lose, and thus it was just another day.

"They say the Reckoning brought about a great curse. Some lost everything. What did you lose?" He asks out of genuine curiosity, and though he feels he has pulled back from her emotionally - because apparently he does not like being reminded that he is a creature who has feelings... and needs (he needs no one), but he Grimdark finds that Vessel is an interesting creature... and has the feeling that she will be around his life for some time to come. He must get to know her, to find out for sure.

"I do believe this has been a successful 'outing,' as you put it. However, I am not out. I live here." He chuckles - a deep, rumbling sound that sets aside his earlier agitation. She was so different, unassuming. In his head though, a storm was roiling. He was facing this great dichotomy between the easy going man he could so easily be, and the dark anger that was pushing in his brain.

The copper and steel man took a breath, and stepped closer to Vessel then, snorting. His ratty tail swung outward and to the side, slapping his flank. "The bay in the crook of Nerine. A land you say you know so well. I've spent some time there recently. I found myself there on one of my journeys...The queen there was most...welcoming." He thinks of Isobell, and the curious way she had left him. The painted Queen's departure from him was a reminder that he was alone in this world. That he would always be be alone.

A heaviness sets in his features. She wants him. Even in his ignorance, he could sense it. He was, after all, a man. He breathes, over her, drawing close, lipping the penny-colored tendrils away from the slimness of her well contoured face, and looked deep into her eyes. A soft kiss is placed to her cheek as he pulls away, his ears going erect as he steps out. "I'm sorry, Vessel. I cannot give you what you seek. "

Grimdark closes his eyes and drags his mouth down her neck, down to her withers, and as he walks past her, slowly, he drags his heated lips over her shoulders, down her back, and her hips. And then he is gone. Into the sea - anywhere. A cold shower. Anything to get his head on straight.

He had to go home.

He had to see his mother.

GRIMDARK
    deimos x ea, dragon vision, twilight manipulation, twin to allure

Messages In This Thread
    you like my pirate booty? [Vessel] - by Grimdark - 12-04-2017, 10:17 PM
    RE: you like my pirate booty? [Vessel] - by Grimdark - 12-29-2017, 02:10 PM