• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If we're talking about body, you've got a perfect one - Klaudius
    He had brought her here. To Ischia, and all her tropic loveliness. They had come across the shining shell, had experienced it's illuminating breath of life. It had not been meant for them, something that the pearl mare still chafed about. And so they had meandered further along the shore, finally entering the lush jungle with its humid air rich with the scent of flowers and black earth. A thick carpet of moss muffled their hoofbeats. She held her snowy wings close to her sides, trying to avoid the tangles of plant life which threatened to ensnare her. A pretty place, but not very functional for a creature of air. 

Minutes after entering the jungles' green embrace, the path they walked brought them to an open meadow at the top of a cliff, overlooking the crystal waters that surrounded the island. 
    "Now this is more like it!" She exclaimed approvingly, loosening the feathered appendages from her barrel. A freshwater stream ran along the far edge of the meadow, rushing to fall off the cliff and into the waiting sea far below. The mist of the cascade caught the day's light in a brilliant rainbow arcing through the air. It was like a scene from a child's tale. 

Sabra could feel herself smiling like a fool at the beauty of it all, but the expression quickly melted from her angelic face. Mercurial temper shifting, she spun to gaze at her lavender companion. "Well then. I said I wanted this place. Will you help me get it?" She asked with a quiet edge. The cream and white woman stepped closer to him, framing herself against the lapis sky. Gentle breezes came off the sea, lifting her mane and ruffling satin feathers, carrying the scent of hibiscus with it. The sun warmed her back and she was in a beautiful place with a beautiful stallion. It was not a perfect day, but it could easily become one. 

@[Klaudius] some mild powerplaying here, just to get them off the beach. I can edit if you prefer ^_^
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    The arrival of strangers wouldn’t go unnoticed in Ischia long. The island wasn’t that big, and the ways of reaching it were limited. One could fly, but all those who weren’t gifted with a pair of wings were bound to wait for low tide. Only then the sandbanks could be crossed. It had always been quite calm, never had Ischia been busy, and Kylin liked it that way. With the arrival of Circinae things had changed, but ever since, there hadn’t been more strangers to come to their island uninvited.

Until now. Kylin had been out for a swim when she had spotted the couple on the beach. For a while she had studied them, as her fins kept her in place without drifting away. By the time she had reached the beach herself pale mare and lavender stallion – family perhaps – were long gone. But, nobody knew Ischia like Kylin. And thus it doesn’t take her long to find them, just in time to overhear the words the winged mare speaks.

The words are enough to make her pause. Not too long ago Circinae had come and claimed the land, and now another stranger attempted the same thing? Still hidden by the jungle’s vegetation she stays back, listening a little longer before actually revealing herself. ”Hello there” she greets the two strangers, curious hazel eyes taking in both of them. ”Welcome to Ischia.”

”What brought you to our island? Can I help you with something?” Like a diplomat would ask of another diplomat visiting the land. Though she know that wasn’t the intention of the two visiting, if visiting was the right words. Her coat is still damp from the sea, her fins sparkling in the little sunlight that found its way through the leaves, but the temperature is high enough for her not to be bothered by the dampness of her coat. ”My name is Kylin, who are you?”

OOC: Since neither Klaudius or Sabra are habitants of Ischia, the thread cannot be truly private. Hope you don’t mind me replying, Kylin needs something to do ^^.

When the glass-like scallop had seemingly evaporated before their eyes, his lavender face rose to look towards the inland jungles.  She took looks and without hesitation is leading them off.  He allows it - as any gentleman would - following in line behind her.  He didn't mind the view from back here one bit.  The heavenly rocking of her hips caused his heartbeat to quicken. A growing need forming the longer his eyes lingered.

With the thoughts clouding his mind, he almost didn't notice the stretch of changing scenery before them.  He had been to content on focusing on a much different view, but her excitement grounds him again.  Enthusiastic words filling his lavender ears.  He comes up along side her.  The lavender of his feathers mixing with the pearl of hers.  Hazel-silver eyes look out to view the curtain of water covering the cliff side.  A charming grin paints across his lips as he looks to her.  With a twinkle in her eye she asks him for the island.  He chuckles softly.  Raising his maw to brush a tendril of cream hair from her face. An answer ready and waiting on his lips.  But he is cut short when a voice squeaks from an undetermined direction.  His eyes shift to find a creature of similar hue, with wings of a fish he has seen jumping from the sea.  His head tilts in curiousity, not because of the wings but because of her coloring.  He had yet to meet any of him and his father hue.  Though he knew many existed.

The young lavender mare speaks kindly but with a hint of purpose.  He grins, "I'd like to think of it as OUR island." Voice smooth as a fine wine, putting emphasis on ours. He turns to look back a Sabra with another low chuckle.  The greeter of the island states her name and asks them for theirs.  His hazel eyes meet hers before stating, "Tell me Kylin... Do you know Kirin?" His question was not his answer but merely his curiousity of where she had come from...   

Klaudius
    Calm Before the Storm

@[Sabra] @[Kylin] So he's basically saying, not saying OUR as in theirs but our as in they have intentions of living there.  Right now Smile Go Team Wings... And purple ^.^
    A sigh of annoyance flew from her pink lips, as a chiming voice cut across their interlude. She nudged the top of her nose against his cheek before turning to see who had addressed them. A laugh that was quickly cut off dropped from her tongue as she took in the rather distinctive coloring of the intruding girl, as well as her rather unique extra appendages. "Another errant daughter of yours, my dear?" She quipped in a low voice. They would be discussing this at some point, she would see to that. 

She ruffled her wings lightly, readjusting feathers, as the two purple creatures exchanged guarded pleasantries. She glanced admiringly up at him, pleased. He wasn't being stupid, that was good. She took the next line, following up his clarification. "We were actually hoping to live here? You wouldn't happen to know who's in charge of that sort of thing, would you, doll?" The cream woman asked with a giggle. Her face was a careful mask of pleasant vagueness. Let her come across as silly, that was typically the safest way to appear. And with her angelic looks and tiny stature, the act of girlish innocence was sometimes harder to break through than to affect. The real battle was trying to get others to see her as more than what she seemed. For now though... why fight it? 

The next issue, it would seem, is who was this mysterious Kirin figure? That was twice now he'd been mentioned, both times in reference to the strange girl's who'd crossed their path. He seemed well known, from the looks of things. Another question to ask when they finally had a moment alone.

@[Klaudius] @[Kylin]
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    While waiting for them to introduce themselves, she cannot help it but to study them both curiously. Focussing her attention on something also helps her ignore her own nervousness. The pale winged mare should be close to her own way, yet she carried herself with more confidence than Kylin could ever hope she’d have. He, on the other hand, was the one she couldn’t stop herself from looking at. Though older, he reminds her of Kharon. His coat lavender like theirs, though the twins, though he lacks the white. His wings, however, have the same hue as Kharons.

The expected introductions never come. Instead the lavender stallion expressions their desire to call Ischia home. As if not enough strangers had suddenly popped up on Ischia’s shore lately. Yet Kylin doesn’t know Krone’s politics. And that’s the only answer she can give the pale mare. ”Krone, Ischia’s keeper” she replies, there is simply no more she can tell the winged duo. ”I could show you both to her?” Though they would probably run into the bay and green mare sooner or later anyway. There was little Kylin could do to make them, if they didn’t desire to.

It is only then that her gaze focusses on the lavender stallion again. Her dished head tilts ever so slightly and her fins move at her side, like one would ruffle its wings. ”I’m sorry. I’ve never met the one called Kirin. But I believe my father mentioned him once..” Though Kerberos had never used many words on him. Only that they had to leave when the purple stallion had invaded Ischia.

Sabra's words ignite a grin on his features.  Her biting words at the purple mares relation to him was warranted but unnecessary.  After all he hadn't given her his true identity, yet.  This was no child of his, nor was the green laced mare of the meadow.  When the time was right she'd know him for who he was really.  Giving a nod in agreement to Sabra's statement of their purpose for being here.  His ears swivel to hear the mare speak of their leader.

Krone. 

Finally a name.  A name that bared the same crisp beginning as his own.  Just as the purple fae before him.  All the pieces were coming together.  His brow rises in interest, smirk creasing his pale lips.  "Yes. Please do."

He had leaned to offer the purple mare the lead.  As he did her reply to her relation of Kirin was given.  The mares father knowing Kirin could make her a grandchild of the lavender stallion.  A cousin to him.  Evermore interested in the taffy and cream mare, he questions, "What did your father mention of Kirin?" He was curious to know more of his lineage.

Klaudius
    Calm Before the Storm

@[Sabra] @[Kylin] these words are crap cuz I'm lost in timelines. Sry lol.  How do we link this thread with Krone thread?!