• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All ❤️
    Star 

Krone

you could be the king

The events of the last few days have wracked her mind. She stands knee deep in water, looking longingly into the sea as she had that fateful day with the shell (which was now placed front and center on her head for all of Beqanna to see). Her mind has often wandered to Circinae - where had she gone? Would she come back? Was she gone forever? It was seemingly a mystery, but she knew what she had to do. 

A call, ringing out to all of her beloved Ischia. It is not only for her residents, it is for everyone that is currently on the island. The horses that assemble before her are mostly familiar, save for a few strangers. She looks to all of them, one at a time, hazel eyes taking it all in. 

"As many of you have noticed, Circinae has gone," She begins, eyes falling, the same questions rolling around in her mind as before. "To where, I cannot tell you." She looks back up, lifting her head a little higher now, remembering the things her mother had taught her about leadership ("Hold your head high, speak with dignity...""In her place, I believe our beloved Ischia has chosen me to be your Keeper,"  The shell upon Krone's head glimmers in the sunlight, a reminder to all of them that she isn't lying. "I would be honored to guide you all, if you'll allow me to. And when the time calls for it, I will hand down my position." She remains honest with her people, something she had learned from Circinae...something her father never was. "You are welcome to stay in Ischia with me. However, if you do not see me a fit Keeper, and you want to leave, you may do that also. I will hold no grudge. I do hope, however, you will give me a chance." 

And with that, she awaits their response. 

but watch the Queen conquer

After touching The Strangest Shell, it chose Krone to be the new Keeper of Ischia. She of course will pass on the position when the time comes. 

Please post below IC if your character will stay or go. No hard feelings either way! Smile

Long live Ischia!  Heart
    So. Mother is gone.

Nyxa had expected as much and the surprise at Krone’s words is not nearly as sharp as she had imagined. Circinae had never been apt at giving her youngest whelp attention. As a yearling, there was still so much more Nyxa had to learn and she felt, acutely, the absence of that female knowledge in her future.

It’s enough to keep her silent, until Krone has spoken her peace. “I will stay. Ischia is truly the only home I’ve really known - I can’t leave it.” She explains, nodding softly to affirm her choice.

Hod was here, still. He’d come because of her and stayed for the very same reason. She wouldn’t deem herself a rotten apple and abandon him, too. No … she belonged here and she belonged beneath the waves, and that was final.
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    She had known that Circinae wouldn’t be the last leader Ischia would know. Others were meant to follow up her position and rule instead, but never had Kylin imagined that the change of leadership would be this quick after the previous keeper her arrival. Accepting change once was one thing, but twice was something whole other.

But this time the island had chosen. There was no other way to interpret the way the gem had appointed Krone as new leader, of Ischia’s new keeper. The bay and green mare couldn’t have spoken better, Ischia had chosen and who were they to object to the island’s choice? Kylin wouldn’t, but that didn’t mean she could brush off the change of leadership like nothing happened. Yet, that wasn’t Krone’s fault.

Neither was the island to blame. She had merely chosen another leader to keep the lands safe in Circinae’s absence. And until the forest green and navy blue mare would appear again, her disappearance would stay a mystery. ”Ischia has chosen..” she murmurs softly, not knowing if she was talking to herself, or if she was addressing those gathered.

Nothing else to say the lavender and white girl backs away a little. The island had chosen Krone and even though the water loving girl didn’t have the ambition to lead, she cannot help it but to feel a little wronged. She had been born on Ischia, and lived there long before all these new faces had even learned of the tropical island.

But perhaps this was Ischia’s way of telling her that another fate was meant for her. One that wasn’t Ischia or on Ischia.

OOC: Pleaaaaaaaase forgive me for Kylin being all depressed adn moody <3
    It has been only days since the shell had taken it's place between Krone's eyes and without a beat the Island had handed the crown to the dark woman. Though there was no denial or objection from the buckskin and white painted stallion. He had no desire to be against the woman. Instead he simply wanted to fulfill his duties as watcher and serve her and the kingdom appropriately. So when Krone calls he finds his way to her without missing a beat. It takes a while, but soon he is there, standing in-front of her, looking at the gemstone that laid between her eyes before focusing on her own gaze.

He watches her as she speaks, and then listens to Nyxa's approval and then Kylin's acceptance. With a soft nod in agreement he then allows his own voice to drip into the following silence. "I too will stay and continue to serve Ischia. Congratulations, Krone. You will do well." His words are full of truth even though he hasn't had the opportunity to truly converse with her (yet). The grumpy stallion trusts her - she has been one of the most active, most dedicated. Ischia deserved her. 

With another nod of approval in her direction he allows himself to grow silent, allowing others to approach and speak their piece.

Half of my heart knows just what it wants of me

Things had changed, suddenly and without warning. Unaware that the strange object he had briefly come across on the shore now resided with Krone, he had still responded to the call that had brought them together from the corners of Ischia. He stood beside his friend, close, but not touching. Ischia had lost her ruler, but Nyxa had lost her mother. For all that the two had kept a distant relationship, he figured the loss would still effect her. It was something they would likely discuss later. 

Tuning back in to Krone and her speech, the blind young man considered her words. Ischia had chosen, however strange the method. Krone sounded young, and a little uncertain. But for all that, she was now the spirit of Ischia. And that was something he could respect. Nyxa expressed her choice to stay, though he noticed her loyalty more to the island itself than anything(one) else. There was a note of... resentment in the next female's tone, thigh she also acquiesced her loyalty. Next was an older male, who he knew to be the watcher, even though he'd never met him. That was good, the young queen would need guidance. Feeling a touch out of place, Hod knew that it was his turn to voice his say. 

"I am new to this land, yet it is the first land I've ever had cause to called home. I will not abandon it, or you, Krone. You have a blind man's trust." He finally announced, voice clear in the air.

hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He knows better than to question Kingdom magic, because it usually overpowers all of the powers they have as mere mortals.

Brennen wanted more time with Circinae – he was just starting to get to know her, and he highly valued the connection she had given him to the old world. But she has vanished, and the Kingdom has chosen a new leader – a new keeper – and he will go along with it for now. He will trust the Island’s judgement, until it proves to be wrong.

He joins the group, but he misses nothing. Not the way Nyxa is reserved, nor the way Kylin backs away from them. The boys are more forthcoming, more openly supportive, and he files all of this away in the back of his mind.

“I serve the Island, and it seems to have chosen you as our new leader.” Brennen says at last, slowly, looking at Krone thoughtfully. It is not a glowing statement of support, but it is all he is capable of giving at the moment. He does not have the same instant bond with his new Queen as he had with Circinae.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN