• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the ashes, a fire will be woken -- arete
    Merida
    from the ashes, a fire shall be awoken
    The mare watches the other curiously, the embers of her eyes glowing brightly as the whiteness of Arete’s fangs reflect in her irises; Merida would love to hold such power within her, to be an equal part great predator and horse. But she is just a child when it comes to the way of the shifters, and for lack of better judgment, she is realizing that her fox is nothing compared to vast variety of other predators - tigers, wolves (some as large as the tigers!), bears. She is merely a scavenger, barely a canine on the list of predators. 

With this thought the black mare shifts her weight, the red on her haunches and shoulders sparkling in the dimming light, a sharp snort leaving the blackness of her nostrils.The yellow and gold striped mare rolls onto her back (of course she feels safe in Merida’s presence to expose her underbelly - she is only a fox, afterall), and Merida cannot help the curl of displeasure that finds her ebony lips a snarl of a fox glistens on her features. 

Arete’s question causes Merida to change her expression. Her brow furrows and her nose wrinkles in confusion - what is she? “Well, I’m just Merida,” she attempts to explain with an uncertain toss of her head, fiery tendrils of forelock falling into her eyes. “And you’re right - I don’t. I normally try to keep myself from big, hungry felines.”

A sparkle in her eyes lets the other mare know she is attempting to joke, but also to alleviate the intense stare that Arete is suddenly giving her.

@[Arete]

This is poop D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the ashes, a fire will be woken -- arete - by Merida - 12-19-2017, 05:28 PM