• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A Start of Sorts - Any
    Kanalai rises from her bed of clovers, shaking off cool dew. It sticks to her coat awkwardly, making it matted and damp. She stands fully, looking around at the other horses grazing and communing. She's been back only a few days, already bored of the familiar scenery. 

Kanalai had been raised by her mother in the field, when she was a filly. Her mother had passed away just a year ago, but before she did, Kanalai wanted to give her mother a head start at a peaceful rest. She had led her mother to the beach. She didn't go further, she kept away from the putrid water. She stayed with her mother and until she passed, her frail figure falling limp in the cold ocean sprayed night. Kanalai watched all types of horses go back and fourth on the beach, completely disregarding her and her mother. 

So she went back to the field, through Sylva, then the Taiga, both smelling of metal and rust. The forest smelled like clean dirt and trees, a refreshing and pleasant aroma. Then to the field, back to the only place she'd known as home.

So here she stood, in the field, unacquainted with everyone else. She sighs, and looks for anyone who seems lonely as herself.
    Diable Rouge
    >
    His life had taken a turn for the better over the last few months. 

The murder of his mother and death of Kaiode had left a horrible taste in his mouth...in his worst moments, he had wanted to die. But now, with the birth of his son and finding the love of his life, his soulmate, he felt he had greater purpose. A life once fueled by hardship and dread finally seemed to be falling into place...he had never imagined it would happen before now.

But before he could finally feel complete, there was still one thing he wanted to do. 

Which led him to the field. Spring had brought the earth to life - the grass turned from brown to a lush emerald green, the flowers bloomed in vast arrays of colors. The sun was shining, and he let himself enjoy the heat of the sun beat hard upon his back. He was content to start recruiting in this weather...the harshness of winter was not something many Tephran's enjoyed, and he was no different. 

He comes across a lonely grullo mare, who stands by herself, watching the world go by. He cocks his head curiously, and decides she may be the perfect person to approach. He begins to walk towards her, head held high. 

"Hello. I'm Diable Rouge."   
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

@[Kanalai]
    Kanalai looks toward the stranger, his piercing mismatched eyes captivate her. Her eyes follow the scars that roll down his red roan body. She assumes he's had a rough past and she smiles empathetically. 

Kanalai locks eyes with the stallion and flicks her tail. 
    "Hello Diable Rouge, I'm Kanalai, it's nice to meet you," she pauses to look around. "What brings you to the fields?"
    Diable Rouge
    >
    Diable Rouge hadn't thought much about his scars. So many horses in Tephra had them, including AuroraElis, that it wasn't something he often thought on. However, when the mare glances over his body, taking in the puckered cicatrices along the length of his hide, he remembers how different he may appear. 

He smiles at her instead of focusing on it. "Likewise, Kanalai," He laughs, tail swishing away the flies that were beginning the swarm around him. "I was actually coming to ask you the same thing." He lets out a soft chuckle. "I've been spending some time trying to see if others want to join the ranks of my home, Tephra...or at the very least, visit."  
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.
    "I'd love to join you," she snorts. "I find myself having not much to do nowadays. And staring into the sky forever doesn't sound particularly enticing." She smiles at the stallion, suggesting she likes the idea of going along with him.