• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If Looks Could Kill [Klaudius/Sabra/Any]

Krone

you could be the king

Rage boils inside her at Sabra's comments. Hazel eyes feel crimson and her face feels hot beneath the brown fur. She is staring at the white mare now, nostrils flared in exasperation. 

"You know nothing of what my father has done to terrorize Beqanna's lands," Her eyes shift to the Kirin wannabe and she feels herself snarl. "Because if you did, you'd have half a mind to keep your comments to yourself. This...this..." She thinks for a word. "Charlatan would've been smarter not to lie to me about who he was." More and more approach, she is hardly paying attention. "Anyone who knows me knows I am not my father. Why would I want his cowardice on my island?" She notices that this is the first time she has called Ischia hers. While she loved it and protected it, she felt as though the island was more of sentient being, rather, than something one could just claim. 

And then another family member approaches, her words set warmly into Krone's heart. Yet another with no trust in her heart for the intruding pair. "Jah has left the island with her lover," Krone admits, eyes still not leaving the intruders. 

And then another emerges from the darkness of the tropical wood, his dark skin almost like a shadow. A pledge of his allegiance to Ischia, and Krone allows herself the slightest hint of a smile, and she nods. She would find him later, ask of his name. 

Not near perfect, I am perfect...my partner and I will stay out of your way. 

And she laughs. 

A hot, nearly crazy laugh. The anger burbles and groans like a volcano ready to erupt. 

"Run, but you can't hide," Her voice is a shattering screech, and she knows it will quiet anyone who dares fuck with her. "You aren't Ischia's citizen, don't flatter yourself. You've hinted at being untrustworthy, it's only a matter of time before Kirin's blood rears its old ugly head." She looks around to the three who had joined their conversation, then shift her gaze back. "And I will remind you again, in case you did not hear the first time...do not fuck with Ischia."

but watch the Queen conquer

@[Sabra] @[Klaudius] @[Deathwish] @[tannor] @[Kelsie]
    A short hah followed by a dispassionate sigh. This is getting boring. The pale mare watches mainly in silence as others randomly appear and make their own threats. How... pedestrian. She waits as the apparent siblings snip at each other. Well. The purple holds a touch more subtlety, the bay-green woman is visibly fuming as they go on. A few minutes more and she might just combust. Sabra smiles to herself at the mental image: One second, growling little girl. Next second, pile of smoke and ash, still spewing venom. 

But then her companion decides he's had enough. She hears him whisper to her, voice all silk and honey, and then he's gone. The wind carries him away much as she wishes it would carry her. Soon enough. Another aggressive outburst from the jeweled queen, this one louder than the last. He had hit a nerve, it would appear. Time to retreat, for now. 

"Well, my dear, this has certainly been... enlightening. But I hope you'll forgive me if I take my leave. I'm sure we'll run into each other again here soon. In the meantime, you might want to work on that temper of yours.  Bless your heart, but it's a bit... unbalanced." 

She purred in a stage whisper, expression one of slight amusement. She was done here. And truth be told, even as youthful as the keeper was, this kind of raise in blood pressure couldn't be good for anyone. 

She piroutetted lightly on her heel, snowy plumage flourishing out as she did. Two paces forward and with a great beating of wings, and she was airborne. A moment later and she broke free of the canopy, returning at last to open sky. She would not seek out the lavender man who'd brought her here. Not just yet. There was time enough for that later. What she most wanted now was a place to sleep for a while, undisturbed. 

@[Krone] @[Klaudius] @[everyone else on this island]