• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you -- ivar

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Augusta is quick to reassure him, and he follows the progress of the little star as she sends it up into the sky. Ivar has never seen anything quite like it before, and he watches it with open wonder. The natural world is full of more spectacles than he can imagine, and Beqanna is even more fantastic. There seems no end to the spectacular things in his world, but he finds these little hovering stars to be one of his favorites.

“They remind me of the lantern fish,” he says aloud, more to himself than to the roan mare beside him. And they do, little floating bits of light in the darkness. Her lips at his mane bring the kelpie’s attention back to Augusta herself, and he smiles as he tugs her a bit closer to him with a draping of his neck across her own. “Though I must say, you’re far less fearsome looking than they are.”

Her concerns surprise him, but it does not show in his face (even if it had, she can see his face no more than he can see hers with their positioning).

“Only if you want to be,” Ivar answers without hesitation. He often does, but there is something in the way that she had asked that makes him wonder if she wants the opposite. “There are others here though, if you want company. Heda, Ichor, Jhene.” The kelpie lists them easily, the names of his women. Each has their own unique allure, a reason that Ivar keeps them close. Augusta, with her stars and the reminder of his childhood, she is special too – unlike anyone else. Ivar intends to keep her as well, though he hopes she will not be unhappy.

king of loess
    minimal smoky grullo tobiano | equus kelpus

Messages In This Thread
    my heart never stops beating for you -- ivar - by Augusta - 12-09-2017, 10:31 AM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you -- ivar - by Augusta - 12-27-2017, 09:04 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you -- ivar - by Ivar - 01-05-2018, 12:46 AM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you -- ivar - by Augusta - 01-06-2018, 11:27 AM