• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; svedka, any
    Keep a little fire burning;
    however small, however hidden.

They two part but only barely, Smoak's hazel eyes watching Svedka excitedly as the blue-tinted stallion recounts his time in Tangerine's homeland. Smoak laughs good-naturedly, his muzzle reaching out to nudge his friend playfully. "C'mon! You have to tell me more than that," the champagne stallion goads, "you were gone for so long!" Svedka had always been the adventurous ones, while Solace had vowed to never leave Tephra. Smoak can only imagine the trouble fun that the son of Warrick and Tangerine had gotten himself into ─ after all, the twins had repeated the same stories to him that their mother had told them about her homeland.

His ears twitch and a lopsided grin finds its way onto Smoak's face, hazel eyes rolling exaggeratedly at the painted stallion's words. "Irresistible, huh? D'ya think that ─" he falters, tongue tripping over itself as he nearly mentions Solace (a conversation to have at another time, not during their reunion), a fake cough falling from his maw as he flicks his hazel gaze towards the ocean. His feelings for Solace have remained a secret to everyone other than himself thus far, and now that she has an entire kingdom to watch over... perhaps he will need to wait a little longer to tell her how he feels.

Not to mention that he has his best friend to think about, too.

He tosses his bone-plated head casually, mouth still twisted into a grin as his gaze returns mischievously to Svedka. "Depends on what you mean by taking care of, Ved," Smoak jests before sidestepping away, lest the blue-tinted stallion try to come after him for that comment. "I kid, I kid!" he yells with laughter before tossing his forelock from his view. "I explored while you were gone, but nothing too exciting happened. Mom and Dad are together now. Oh! And Ledger tried to kill me," he ends casually, hazel eyes bright as he shrugs off what had been a traumatizing experience.

Smoak

@[Svedka]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: keep a little fire burning; svedka, any - by Smoak - 12-29-2017, 11:50 PM