• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    They have aged together, grown within the salt and smoke of Tephra’s flaming mount and dark seas, and though the smell of brine and ash is long washed away from their skin and replaced with the various flora and the freshwater of Hyaline, their hearts do not forget where they are from. Forged from fire, the twins will forever hold the ferocity of the volcano within their chests. 

Svedka grooms her mildly, for his sister rarely had a hair out of place unless she deemed it so, but he still finds the act soothing, and he does it thoughtlessly, with almost a hum of satisfaction vibrating in his throat. The faint scent of his childhood friend lingers on her ivory and gold skin, tangled within the vibrant blue hidden within her mane. She begins to speak, her voice strong and resilient (it never falters, he noticed, much like his own) yet somehow unsure, as if her statement holds a question within its declaration. The stallion continues to groom her casually with a hum of understanding, a wordless promise to not tease her, afraid that if he were to stop suddenly then her testimony may never leave her lips out of sheer pride. 

Her admission causes his lips to purse together tightly, drawing his chin towards his chest and taking a single step back so he could look her in her matching blue gaze, brow furrowing. A frown creases on his darkened lips. 

“It is impossible to like someone too much, Solace. Too much - why are you saying it like it’s bad?”

His own words surprise him - she had been speaking plainly and the twin could grasp what she was getting at - but the idea of his closest friend and his best friend (Smoak and Solace, respectively) cherished something more for each other in their hearts left him feeling, somehow, left out. Like he had missed something back in their childhood that he should have predicted, and now that it is here before him he feels foolish for not noticing it before.

The way she dances around it, saying too much when he knows that’s not what she means at all, or if she did truly mean too much, why was it too much? Did it hurt her? 

“Say what you mean, Solace. I want to help.”

(be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Solace] <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka - by Svedka - 12-27-2017, 09:21 PM