• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    Svedka doesn’t try to hide from her - he never has - but he cannot help the curling that trills in his stomach as he attempts to keep his thoughts from his tongue; to sort them before they spew from his throat, taken aback by her confession yet also in dire desperation to wipe the sadness from her eyes. It is a contradicting feeling and it does not find his handsome face well, and the smile he gives her - though genuine and soft - is alight with indecision and uncertainty from the blue of his irises. They are still young and in the throes of learning life, though for Svedka it has always been a bit different. His mind doesn’t allow him to rest on such things - liking someone too much? - and instead beckons him to act upon the feelings instead of mulling them over (which has lead to Corvus, and perhaps might lead to other discoveries - good as well as bad). But he knows his sister, and he knows himself, and for the first time in their existence they are at a loss for discussion and stand silent for a moment beneath the pale winter’s moon.

With the smallest twinge of a frown flickering onto the corners of his simple smile, he watches her carefully as she lowers herself into the soft grasses of Hyaline. She has taken up more than Svedka would ever want to take up for himself - a crown and a title, living for the diplomacy and politics that come with leading a kingdom, and he wonders how long she has stewed over her dilemma, or how long she has carried this burden within the soft pulse of her heart. Without hesitation, the golden and ivory stallion joins her, folding his two-toned legs beneath him to lay beside her with a gentle huff as his body meets the ground. She is changing the conversation, diverting his attention from herself to him, and his nose wrinkles at her attempt.

He allows it for the moment; staring up at the moon and stars through the emerald strands of willow branches that swing gently above them in the night’s breeze.

“The night is long, Solace. And try as you might, we will not spend it only talking about myself.”

Svedka grins at her, though his cerulean gaze still fixed on the midnight sky. He has not forgotten her and he never will.

With a soft snort, the young stallion settles deeper into the grass, shifting his weight and making himself comfortable beside her. He lowers his head, chin nearly resting on a bent foreleg as his brow rises with amusement. Smoak. He is glad to see that her sister’s sense of humor remains, despite its dryness. “Of course - he stays near the ocean; suits him nicely.” His voice is warm with adoration for his longest friend, unable to let the idea of Solace and the bone-armored stallion deter him from his true feelings for Smoak. He could never detest them, he knows, and he hopes Solace knows this as well. It would be impossible to do so.

Svedka’s ears prick forward quickly as she mentions Corvus, a sly smile on her pink lips. He grins wildly at her, his eyes sparkling at the mention of the winged-buckskin’s name, his heart beginning to race. “Yes,” he admits softly with a twinkle of laughter in his voice (though it is hardly an admission for she already knew the answer), “he is still a mystery to me. He’s unlike anyone I’ve ever met - even with mother’s kin.” His gaze is out of focus as he finishes his sentence, trailing off dreamily with a sweet smile on his face. Not once did he consider Solace’s realization of their coupling (or how he found a male to stoke the fire inside him and not a mare).

Quickly, his eyes snap back into focus and clasp with the matching blue of his twin, a sheepish smile on his face. Perhaps she meant to bring up Corvus just for Svedka’s opinion of him as his position of Hyaline’s Protector, not as his lover. The golden and alabaster stallion reaches forward and nips playfully at the bronze of Solace’s neck, snorting softly. “I promise not to distract him from his duties to Hyaline, sister.”

He pauses, pulling away from her with a solemn and thoughtful expression. “Ah,” he says to himself with a nod, “that’s it, then?”

“You don’t want any distractions.”
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Solace]
    here is the NOVEL you didn't ask for.
    <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka - by Svedka - 01-10-2018, 06:52 PM