• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka

Solace

The cheeky smile which can usually be found on her twin's face softens into something docile and sincere, his eyes take on a dreamlike quality and she knows he is looking past, far past, the swaying limbs of the willow tree. Her suspicions were correct then,  he and Corvus were lovers, if not in action at least in sentiment. She does not feel joy for him like a caring sister should, but she is not upset by his roundabout confirmation. 

The young Queen remains silent as her brother elaborates on his feelings for her countries Protector, trying to remind herself that this is what she wanted for him. 

His mind switches back to their earlier conversations as the direct comparison of his own situation to hers shines a new light on what she did - or didn't - want. "Yes, I think so. I can't have such a big distraction." She was already so different from all the rulers she had known and all the Kings and Queens who had woven places for themselves in the fabric of Beqannas rich and turbulent history.  The differences between herself and Offspring, Nyla, Gryffen, Amet, all rulers she had herd lore of in Tephra, were vast in every quadrant. He age, experience, temperament, she had a lot to make up for and the easiest was she could think of to quickly elevate herself was to rid her mind of everything but her utmost priority - Hyaline. She knows if she tries to explain this to Skvedka he will counter her, argue with her on every point in the sweetest way possible, but she had decided what she has to do.  

Maybe when she was older, she would learn balance - but for now, she needed to focus on the task Amet had trusted her with.

The sounds of nocturnal creatures fill the silence as she reflects on this, slow easy breaths of sweet night air soothing her and heightens the tiredness which is creeping over her now that she is resting comfortably in the grass.  But an idea she has long thought over re-occurs to her then.

"Svedka," she says quietly, willing him awake if he had drifted. "How would you feel about a job, a role that's all yours. I've thought a lot about it, and I think it would suit you." Afraid he can say no to holding a position she continues, "Hyaline is a sanctuary, I'm not concerned about bringing in the best and the most powerful to fill our ranks. I need someone to travel, to search the Forest and the Riverlands for the lost and homeless. Those who are afraid to join armies, those who don't want to be alone anymore, they will be welcomed here." She smiles then, after hearing the words spoken aloud for the first time. "You can travel every inch of Beqanna if you wish, and when you are here, you just do what makes you Svedka - you make those who live here feel welcome and cared for." Her eyes search his, where she know she will find his answer before he speaks it. 

"I think you would be perfect for that job, The Heart of Hyaline."

caretaker of hyaline

@[Svedka]
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Come back to me, my wild darling - Svedka - by Solace - 01-14-2018, 02:28 PM