• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

little firefly; kristin pony.
    '

Mother told him not to stray.
    He tried to not be disobedient but he shucked her rules and slipped loose from the ever-tight noose of them.

Wildling was smart enough to know that he’d have to ford the channel if the tide was in but luck was with him and the tide was out so he skipped through the tidal flats until he came to the shore of the redwood forest. No one had to tell him that great harm had been done here to the ancient grove and that most of the trees were still new and raw in their roots. He threw his head back to look at them, for even the smallest sapling stood taller than most of the trees he was familiar with. If he felt a sense of grief lingering there, it did not impress hard and deep through a fingerless touch upon his heart.

The colt turned away then and began to focus his attention on the thing he’d discovered about himself that he still kept hidden from his mother. He knew she’d cultivate the talent in him, but something murmured in the back of his brain to appear as ordinary as possible to her for as long as he could. That murmuring had served him well thus far and whatever thing spoke to him from deep inside gray matter and blood, was quiet in the redwoods’ sad hush. So he narrowed his green gaze on a small rock no bigger around than his hoof and to his amazement, it shattered!

“Cool!” he gasped aloud as he nosed amongst the rock fragments, inspecting his handiwork before a noise made him look up and narrow his gaze even further in suspicion. A filly came into view and she looked odd to him, like she was asleep but not because her eyes were wide open but unfocused. He wasn’t sure if he could or should wake her, if she’d respond at all or then again, she might be blind and daft. Wildling trailed her with his green eyes and when she came closer, he made another rock shatter off to her left to distract her from whatever it was that possessed her.

Possession made sense to him. How or why, he could not say but that explained her strange look. His head tilted to the side, curious.

i'll eat you up i love you so

W I L D L I N G

ooc: first post with him :/

Messages In This Thread
    little firefly; kristin pony. - by Provoke - 12-12-2017, 04:04 PM
    RE: little firefly; kristin pony. - by Wildling - 12-12-2017, 10:25 PM
    RE: little firefly; kristin pony. - by Provoke - 12-13-2017, 12:14 PM
    RE: little firefly; kristin pony. - by Wildling - 12-20-2017, 12:26 PM
    RE: little firefly; kristin pony. - by Provoke - 12-21-2017, 05:23 PM
    RE: little firefly; kristin pony. - by Wildling - 01-09-2018, 05:05 PM