• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Hold me now; Offspring.
    Reagan
    Say something, I'm giving up on you.

Reagan knew many things. She has seen the past, the present, and many figments of what the future could hold.

She could never have predicted this.

She is not a woman to make promises lightly, and yet to this man, she has made two. She promised him she would never change him, and that she would never enter his mind. And so, while she knows that he would return to her - This is Tephra, and there are so many places where the coastline holds this much majesty - She could not have imagined what the future would have held the next time her green eyes beheld the beauty of his jagged obsidian body pressed against hers like a mould. She could not see his mind, clouded from her by his request and by her love for him, but she need not ask his thoughts when he says nothing. Indeed, what he does is far more than anything he could have said to her. The flame of his heat set against her, burning her from the inside out (no, bringing her to life, igniting her soul), the way his lips pressed against the curve of her cheek, and then to her jaw, she closed her eyes as she turned into him, curling into his embrace.

She sighed audibly, her eyes opening to the thundering crash of the waves against the cliffs, sounding off in time to the thrumming of her heart as it entered the back of her throat. It nearly threatened to escape her entirely, so great was her joy. It was more than she had ever hoped for. Offspring had asked to be set free - reluctantly, she had done so. They were old, ancient by Beqanna standards. They had lived their lives and found loves and had children - buried them. What else was there for them in this world?

What else besides the beginning of new life?

Reagan finds that she is made whole in the presence of the man before her - her need for her trees has been assuaged, and no longer needs her as its keeper. The Grey Lady has passed into shadow, and diminished, she is a woman in a man's embrace, letting herself finally be loved whole, as she was meant to be. She places a kiss to the bottom of his jaw, as he did her - at his height, in her unchanged form, it is all she can reach. But she is hungry for him - oh, so hungry.

"Offspring, I..." her voice stops, carried off by the wind as she suddenly pulls her head back into herself. The heat he is giving off is blinding - he is more alive than she has seen him in years, and it makes her more aware of herself, her magic. His strength, and power. His angles and muscles. Her pliable body and curves. She is aware of the senses of the wind and seafoam off of his body, and of hers. The taste of the salt on his skin. Her senses are awake - but she stops short, unsure of what to say.

She just stands there, looking at him, her heart in her eyes. Feeling everything at once. A single tear slides down her cheek, and she looks down, following it to the ground, where it lands between them. Slowly, she looks back up to meet his face, her voice quiet and sure.

"I love you."

Messages In This Thread
    Hold me now; Offspring. - by Reagan - 12-13-2017, 01:41 AM
    RE: Hold me now; Offspring. - by Offspring - 12-27-2017, 02:18 AM
    RE: Hold me now; Offspring. - by Reagan - 12-27-2017, 03:09 AM
    RE: Hold me now; Offspring. - by Offspring - 12-27-2017, 04:04 PM
    RE: Hold me now; Offspring. - by Reagan - 12-27-2017, 07:06 PM
    RE: Hold me now; Offspring. - by Offspring - 12-29-2017, 08:15 PM
    RE: Hold me now; Offspring. - by Reagan - 12-29-2017, 09:18 PM