• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

together as one: any
    fuck all your dreams; they're not all they seem.

The spotted stallion settles into a more comfortable position as the grey wolf approaches. He is no stranger to shifters, and especially not to wolves.

’The beach is a little further south, wanderer.’ Romek looks at Longclaw for a moment with unsettlingly steady eyes, before breaking into a small chuckle. He had been young and enthusiastic about border patrol duties once, too (and despite everything, a sharp wit is something he can still appreciate).

A winged brown and blue stallion is the next to appear, standing in solidarity beside the wolf Romek watches them passively; perhaps even boredly. He had never had much interest in the song-and-dance, smoke-and-mirrors of interkingdom relations. He had seen it all, and it was all equally unimpressive.

He nods, though, a polite smile on his face. ”Yes, actually, I am looking for…”

He is interrupted by his name and his attention snaps away to the newcomer - Reagan, of course Reagan. They had been good friends back in the Taiga, although judging by the icebeams currently shooting from her eyes in his direction, he supposes they aren’t anymore. He hadn’t seen her for so many years - the last time he had heard of her was when she left the Taiga. Ruan had said something about… loyalty? It’s a blur, it’s all buried in layers of time and fog. She had betrayed Ruan and had chosen to leave the Taiga entirely. Romek had not pried - it wasn’t his relationship, wasn’t his business. They were all free to leave as they wished, come and go as they pleased - the spotted stallion hadn’t held it against her. She would turn up eventually, he knew… although he had not expected it to be like this.

”I could ask you the same thing?”

He is not angry: he doesn’t blame the magician for leaving, has no bitter feelings towards her. The Taiga had never been a chain to hold you down and in, it hadn’t been a prison. And, goodness, he had never been its dictator. A shadow in the forest certainly; but he had never tried to interfere. The Taiga had never belonged to him (and heavens knows, after the Deserts, and then the Tundra, he knew better than to get attached to a physical chunk of land).

”Forgive me, I am confused. You disappear from our home for whatever reason… do not bother to check in with us ever again… but you...you’re angry with me? Why?”

He frowns (although he feels he could laugh with absurdity of it all) and turns back to the wolf and the stallion, tilting his head slightly.

”I came here to look for Maribel - have you possibly seen her? White and gold, very pretty, although she is a colour-changer so she could be any colour, really.”

Romek

Messages In This Thread
    together as one: any - by Romek - 12-14-2017, 05:06 AM
    RE: together as one: any - by Longclaw - 12-15-2017, 04:13 PM
    RE: together as one: any - by Warrick - 12-16-2017, 11:57 AM
    RE: together as one: any - by Reagan - 12-16-2017, 12:20 PM
    RE: together as one: any - by Romek - 12-16-2017, 04:40 PM
    RE: together as one: any - by Longclaw - 12-16-2017, 05:19 PM
    RE: together as one: any - by Warrick - 12-18-2017, 05:34 PM
    RE: together as one: any - by Reagan - 12-18-2017, 06:03 PM