• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Playing with fire - Terran

Terran

“Jinju!” I sing back, never far from her side now that we’ve decided Taiga will be home again. Ander is busy practising - or, at least that’s what I hope he’s up to … being that he’s nearly a grown stallion it’s not my place to question his whereabouts anymore. Ander loved us both and he’d never disappeared without a trace so I find it easy to relax and spend time with my girl.

My girl … I think as we pace along, eager to let her take the lead as she directs us both where she’d like to go. Jinju is growing fast; a black weed that almost matches me at the shoulder and soon, a woman grown. Not so much a girl anymore. “I’ve been meaning to ask if any memories have come back since we got here.” I ask her, trying hard to brush aside the tight knot that forms in my chest.

I push ahead, forking my wings out above us to clear the overhang of limbs so that we can take a step through. “You know, if you have any questions about Ander and I, about who we are to you … I can always answer them.” I tell her, wondering if she’ll be able to sense the tension to my voice. I guess I’d been worried that everything would come back to her overnight - that she’d wake up screaming in confusion or spewing hateful words to me about going missing for a while, or giving Heda a chance.

All around these golden beacons, I see nothing but black

@[Jinju]

Messages In This Thread
    Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-14-2017, 03:49 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-15-2017, 05:52 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-17-2017, 10:19 AM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-19-2017, 03:45 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-22-2017, 03:10 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-26-2017, 03:28 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 01-07-2018, 06:57 AM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 01-10-2018, 04:32 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 01-20-2018, 04:02 PM