• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He has memorized the new Kingdoms, at least their names, but there is still so much not there. The history, the associations with memories good and bad, they’re just so…empty. He has only his own associations to go on, and that isn’t much. Brennen longs for the simplicity of older times; he wants to be able to put each Kingdom into it’s box and have them mostly stay there. He would not touch Hyaline even if they were not linked to them, not without good cause. He still feels some loyalty to the roots of what he had tried to do there, though he does not think it is the same place he had hoped it would become. He has no knowledge or feelings whatsoever to Loess, but makes note of their treaty to perhaps make a visit later. Sylva is a more interesting case, just by what Krone doesn’t say, but he does not pry. Until it becomes a threat, he will let her have her secrets.

That leaves Tephra, Taiga, and Nerine. Brennen won’t go after what is left of the Amazons lightly either, not having so recently served there, so Tephra and Taiga it is. He knows nothing of either. It must be time to learn. Perhaps a visit, though Brennen supposes it probably won’t be an anonymous visit. He is not as notorious as some, but he is not an unknown factor either.

Perhaps he will send a daughter, though she looks quite a bit like him.

For a moment, all is quiet except the wind and the distant call of the birds that live here with them.
    What they do in the next few years will shape how Ischia is known. It has been little so far – a home to a few small groups of horses but it has not been a major player in the New World. He loved the isolation of the Tundra, but he liked that they were left alone because they had a reputation and few wanted to mess with them. He does not want his home to be nothing. “What would you like us to be known for?” He asks quietly.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone - by Krone - 12-14-2017, 09:08 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone - by Krone - 01-21-2018, 10:35 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone - by Brennen - 01-23-2018, 11:10 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Krone - by Krone - 02-06-2018, 08:17 PM