• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    It is easy to be with her, and he is glad that she has found him. He welcomes the distraction she brings, and the humor in the softness of her voice, and he wonders why he has not spent more time with her before. At her humorous remark he laughs, flexing his wings with a simple stretch of their span, for a moment showing her the glory of the large wingspan. “I assure you, they are not!” He replies with a single thunderous flap, pulling them close to his sides with a soft ruffle of feathers. As if to prove his point, he curves his neck as his chin presses to his chest, trotting behind her at a quick and elegant pace, to show that he is in fact more than capable of making this journey with her.

He tells his story - a familiar one and an adored one - and he is happy to see that she is enjoying it as much as he. Her retort causes him to match her laughter, a knowing smile on his face. “You are certainly right,” he agrees, nodding his head. The volcano - Pele - would never swallow the up.

Soon Amorette turns from him, her gaze set on the smoking plume that rises just before them, the sweltering heat piercing their skin yet neither find it uncomfortable. He watches her with a thoughtful gaze, recognizing the way she surveys the spitting mountain, and the way her voice leaves her lips. She is as much a part of Tephra as he is, he decides with a gentle snort of realization.

Warrick moves to stand beside her, the flames of the volcano’s precipice loudly crackling and rumbling before them. His wings flutter at his sides, silently staring down into the boiling mass of lava. “I think she gave me my wings,” he murmurs to her quietly, as if it was a secret for only her and no one else. “Because I needed them. I needed to be able to be near the stars.” He pauses, his gaze out of focus as he recalls his family and their ascendence into the heavens, and the thought makes him swallow hard. With a gentle cough to clear his throat, he turns to her and asks:

“What did she give you?”

They both turn to look out over all of Tephra, and though Warrick has seen every inch of the land from his time spent flying high above it, for some reason their position on the volcano made him see it in a different light. “It always will be to me,” he tells her, his voice warm with adoration for his country.
    Warrick

@[Amorette]

Messages In This Thread
    Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick - by Amorette - 12-15-2017, 04:45 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick - by Warrick - 01-10-2018, 07:53 PM