• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick

Her fire healing is both a blessing and a warning. It allows her to look after Tephra and her habitants, she wouldn’t ask for anything in return, just as she would try make sure nobody else would gain from it. But everyone knows Amorette is quite naïve and tends to focus on the good, sometimes even blind to the bad. However, her gift comes not without a prize, a prize everybody would have to pay.

Warrick pays it well. Only a wince and sharp intake of breath, that’s all. He doesn’t pull back nor lashes at her for the pain. She had warned him, but pain could very much call out a primitive reaction. Nevertheless, she would’ve taken any lashing without giving as much of a retort.

Her laugh is soft, but loud enough to be heard over the volcano’s sounds. Amore shifts away, to position herself more to his side in favour of shifting away from his front legs. Relief washes over her. She hadn’t expected Tephra’s king to react in any other way, but that doesn’t mean she hadn’t feared it. ”Pele’s blessing, perhaps, but a blessing it is” she agrees with a smile and a nod of her head. ”And so much more than that.”

Amorette truly believes she’s not to abuse it. She isn’t a deity nor meant to be revered, her gift – blessing – is meant to help and cure. And all who came to her would experience it first hand, simply because of its prize. ”It’s getting easier every time I attempt it. The first time was as much as a surprise to me and..” a pause, ”.. my patient. I didn’t know what was happening, nor what had caused it. His wound hasn’t healed as nicely as yours, and the bigger the harder it still is.” Neither she or her gift are prefect.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

Messages In This Thread
    Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick - by Amorette - 12-15-2017, 04:45 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Warrick - by Amorette - 01-18-2018, 03:10 PM