• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones (Reagan)

Nymphetamine

Spring was always a welcome time for the blood bay. He was no fan of the cold weather that accompanied winter and surely that was common knowledge among those who knew him. Much had changed from the the winter months that had melted away recently. He had fallen back into the darkness, not caring to stay a part of kingdom life. It wasn’t something he was happy to have to do… but No matter how he tried Tephra wasn't home, even if it was the closest thing he had to one.

Hewas making his way out of Tephra, receding back to the outskirts of Beqanna. To have a purpose, something to work towards was not in the cards for him any longer. It was something he used to not be at peace with, but was slowly accepting. The blood bay still looked the same, not a day older that 7, the prime age his immortality kicked in. That was more than fine for him, he quite enjoyed his forever prime..took it for granted even.  This new spring just brought a sleek clean coat and the loss of the fluffy exterior he held just a few weeks before. He couldn’t complain. 

The forest was relatively quiet, though that tended to be the normal for the overcasted spanse of land. There was obviously plenty of noise, but not from the likes of him… most horses who were here wanted to stay hidden, wanted to stay unnoticed.  But that was neither here nor there, he wasn’t looking to find out the secrets of others, he didn’t want to know what secrets they held nor who was in the shadows. The activities of those who plotted and schemed meant nothing to him. He walked along for some time before a familiar scent hit him, it never took him long to realize who was near. Reagan. He met her once in the field, she had this grand image of family, and at the time he didn't buy it. He had decided to return to Tephra with Magnus. While he only met her one time, years of being a diplomat had honed his ability to remember faces, and scents. It was useful to know who was around when your job was intelligence gathering. Either way, he found that his interest was peeked and he pondered why a once queen hid in the shadows.

The necromancer followed any sign of the Grulla mare with bright green eyes until he finally cought sight over her.  He stayed behind a ways as behind as to not intrude on a private matter. After a moment, He pushed his tall lanky frame through the brush and found himself peering into a nice clearing.Reagan, right? I never forget a face. His voice was deep but jovial,hiding the emptiness deep in his heart. He closed the distance between them, trying to ignore the thought of how different this meeting could be if he had decided to follow her instead of Magnus that day in the field. 

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

Ooc: this is in the spring before nymph met up with violence.
    Reagan
    I want you to know that I'm all yours; you and me, we're the same force.

She smiles - of course he would come seeking her.

Why wouldn't she?

She was a queen in her own right, a magician for more than she could put a number to, and of lste, a Tephra resident. His presence was felt in the land of the Volcano, even though it has been years since he'd stepped foot in there. The look of seriousness was in his eyes, though she knew that looks could be deceiving with Nymphetamine.

The necromancer who did not relish in death.

At least, not like so many others with his abilities did.

She smiles, stepping out of shadow, not bothering to disguise herself, as he was wont to do these days. What good would it have done? She was bathing in Offspring's scent, fresh from their fight - the one where he had told her to forget about him and move on. And of course, she goes back to her trees.

And who should she meet here? One of her former lover's best friends. Former, current. She never bothered to keep track any longer. She and Offspring simply were, whether or not he wanted to admit it to himself.

However - the irony did not phase her in the least. Nothing ever did anymore. She knew that if she attempted any designs on Nymphetamine, she'd have to hear about it for the rest of her life. Sigh.

She draws closer to him, the warmth of his greeting - so informal, that - washing over her like whiskey. Maybe he did not know? Oh well.

"Good Afternoon Nymph. I had heard rumor that you had returned to this part of the world. What do I owe the pleasure of your rather remarkable company?"

She has a smile on her face that is a little less than genuine - while she is glad to see him, his presence reminds her of Offspring... someone she was positively tired of thinking about.

Maybe the black pyromaniac was right - maybe she did need to try and move on.

Maybe Nymph... Maybe. He was very handsome.

Reagan tilted her head, Offspring's angry face in her mind. She smiles for real this time - maybe she deserved a little happiness after all. And maybe the black stallion needed a little punishment.

Not too much though. No harm comes from simply talking.

Though that's what she said when she met Offspring that night by the River.

Whooboy.

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones

Seasons came and went in Beqanna,and those who who lived off the magic within the realm stayed the same, Reagan and Nymph were of the same grouping- those that didn’t age. It stopped there, Reagan was infinitely more powerful than he- he would pretend otherwise. While the grulla mare had never revealed her posers to him personally he was not deaf and had done his research on the other kingdoms when it was his job. He had heard of her powers, listened to stories told of her feats. You had to respect that kind of untethered capacity, no matter the standing between parties. The blood bay had not gone looking for her specifically, but he had nothing against the grulla mare and welcomed a familiar face nonetheless.

Offspring. The scent was thickly woven into her own and if triggered the sadness and regret buried deep within him. He never seemed to be able to live up to what he felt Offspring needed him to be. Thankfully Warrick was so competent, and it all ended up ok. But after a moment lost behind his eyes, Nymphetamine pulled himself from his thoughts and turned to focus on the silvery brown mare before him. Her voice cooed, almost purred, in waves of warmth. She came closer so that their conversation was more intimate, as if they were old friends. Which, they weren’t, but maybe to them the other was a connection to offspring, for whom they both cared for in their own ways.”I’m just passing through... but I thought I sensed you so I came to see if I still had that keen ability from all those years memorizing faces, and the scents that go with them. Guess I’m just lucky it happened to be you I got to test it out on.” The necromancer’s baritone voice fell with a boyish grin. It was an innocent flirtation, he meant no real advance, just to bring a smile yo both their faces, as there was a sadness in the creases of her eyes, small but there.

But the smile faded as the wind whipped through the trees once more pulling the scent of Offspring strongly to his blackened maw. ”...You’ve seen him recently. ...How is he? He had not seen his friend is a few years, since he first conquered the darkness within him all those years ago. He hadn’t been there for him, hadn’t upheld his word and it broke a piece of his heart knowing he had let the closest thing to a friend he had anymore down. He searched her face for the words that weren’t said and he waited for what she would say. He steadied with a ragged breath, thinking back to their target practice on the volcanoes side and how it was the first time Offspring had seemed like the world wasn’t on his shoulders in years- even if it was only for a few minutes. It was the last time they spoke, and now the bay was leaving without a goodbye, but he couldn’t face him. Russet ears flicked back to the mare, with the intention of being focused on her answer, but realized he was being potentially insensitive. ”I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude….its just….its been awhile since I've seen him.” he raised his eyes from the ground where they fell as he thought of how to explain his hyper-focus so suddenly on Offspring. ”How are you, Reagan… I was sorry to hear about what happened with Taiga, but it looks like you have arisen from the ashes stronger.”

He allowed his attention to be pulled by the rustle of leaves and creaking of branches. He had spent little time with Reagan, but there was a comfort he felt with her-- as if their souls wanted the same thing. What that was exactly he didn’t know- and he knew there was nothing between them but the friendship that comes from mutual understanding and a common loved one- so to speak. The blood bay would have been content to talk with her for some time. But he would move on and she would as well leaving each other to their thoughts-- maybe it was that they appreciated the distraction they each were to the other. Maybe it was nothing and the bay was alone in his thoughts. Whatever it was he was content in the moment-- something that rarely occurred these days.

NYMPHETAMINE

A rose in the rain

he's a little scatter brained tonight lol
    Reagan
    I want you to know that I'm all yours; you and me, we're the same force.

Nymphetamine is right - they were not intimate friends. But they were intimately acquainted - in different ways of course - with someone they both cared about a great deal. Reagan was aware whose scent she carried. She had just left his presence. Hell, her heart was still thundering from their fight, and her eyes were still worn from crying. Staring into Nymph's eyes, quiet and caring as they were, almost for a pure stranger, she found that she could not take it.

She was a woman easily broken under the right set of circumstances

Here in these trees, where creatures go to hide themselves if they themselves have something to hide from - Reagan hiding from Offspring. What was Nymph hiding from? A quick prick of his mind says that he is hiding from Offspring as well, but for very different reasons. The shadows of the new spring leaves make these pathways more shaded than they had been, but the sunlight is bright. Yet, even still, there is no warmth. The weakness there is palpable, just as in her company.

She knows he's running from something. That wheels had been set in motion that she could not stop. And yet, her own future was so deeply interwoven with this, that she found that it was clouded to her. and then he speaks - seriousness cloaking his words. Oh, so you've seen him recently...How is he...?" His voice trails off, him searching her face. For something. Anything.

"He is well. No longer Overseer. Ellyse now holds that roll...and he and I..." Reagan's voice is just as quiet, and she looks up, her bright green eyes searching his face. "He's begun to age again. Some days I think he wakes up begging for death to take him."

She sighs, looking around her, memories assailing her of the other great love of her life. And the tragedy that followed. Though she need not have worried, for it is not long before Nymphetamine mentions her home - former home - and she smiles sadly. "Choices were made, and destinies were set into play. Not even the greatest of magic could have stopped what happened to the Taiga. Though I do carry a great deal of guilt, and memory, I have mostly moved on from this place. Though, it will always be a part of me."

She straightens then, and smiles, her mind determined to go home - to Offspring - and simply be whatever she needed to be. Their daughter was growing and changing so fast, and pretty soon it would not be long before the summer was here. Rumor had it that Ellyse was going to choose a new Overseer soon - one that her not quite 3 year old filly could not seem to keep her eyes off of. She needed to be there for this. And so, she turns to Nymph, her heart in her eyes.

"I know it has been some time for you, Nymph. But please - come home. You're needed there. Whatever you're running from, I promise you, it's not worth it. You are enough - just as you are. If your friendship with him means anything  at all - come home and try to work it out."

And then, she sprouts a pair of wings so very rarely ever seen, pumping those feathers of hers and lifting herself out of the forest. she turns, midflight, her voice muffled by the sound of rushing wind over her feathers - "It has been a pleasure, Nymph. We must get together again, friend. Goodbye!" - and then she's off toward Tephra.

Toward Home.

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones

She pricked his mind, pulled his thoughts as needle pricking a finger draws blood. He could do nothing to stop it but he gave the green eyes mare a glare, stating his displeasure with the ake. He hated when others were in his mind. But she didn’t stay, or rummage, so he looked away and exhaled his annoyance sharply. Surely she meant no harm, so the the necromancer relaxed.

She moved on and Nymphetamine listened to her words, her story, really but remains quiet. He didn’t know what to say. His heart sank at the news of Offspring, and nodded quietly to the recollection of Tiaga. But the whole time the russet stallion couldn’t stop thinking of what Reagan said about Offspring wanting to die.

He barely heard her plea to come home, how he was needed, and enough. He was lost in a spiral of thought. He let Killdare down, magnus, and now Offspring-- how could anyone need him. Ellyse surely didn’t need him- he was no longer dependable.

He watched her leave, going home towards Tephra. And he remained, deciding if he should follow her. He stayed, until she was no longer visible, the only thing left was the echoing words ”He’s aging again, he wakes up and wants to die” And it broke him, fully and completely. He couldn’t go back, not to see his only friend die and then he’d surely be alone.

Nymphetamine turned on his heel and he launched himself away… away from tephra, away from the Offspring, away from the prying hands of time. Time stole everything, and maybe it was time he found a away for time to steal him away too.

NYMPHETAMINE

A rose in the rain

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]