• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as my lungs gave way i felt something burst -- faulkor
    Faulkor comes to meet him - his presence just outside their cave must have been enough to rouse the black stallion, and Balto is not surprised. His absence would be something that Faulkor would not only notice, but the dark beast would have searched endlessly for him, and a weak smile finds Balto’s dark lips as he realizes that his friend has been waiting for his return. The older man reveals himself from the shroud of darkness, his black eyes solemn as his hooves click from damp stone to smooth forest floor, and Balto has never been more happy to be greeted by such a familiar face - the cave in the mountain had only been a vivid nightmare, a twisted tale of a family that really didn’t exist - no, his family is the darkness and it is Faulkor - he chides himself for not remembering that fact beneath the demons’ claws as they shredded his flesh to ribbons. 

Balto could feel his heart beating differently than it did before his torture, and he wonders if Faulkor can feel it too. Can he feel the magic that somehow runs rampant through his blood, and now is a part of him like the magic that runs in the very lands of Beqanna? Balto inhales deeply, trying to steady himself and focus on the reality that is before him, ignoring the feeling of hot breath against his neck, prickling at his skin. He expects no words from Faulkor, but the questioning look in his dark, abysmal eyes are enough for Balto to understand - the two never needed much verbally to understand each other.

“I’ve returned with something we were looking for,” he manages gruffly, realizing for the first time in a long while he is using his voice. He snorts sharply, tossing his head and moving forward into the cave, pushing back the moss and vines with his muzzle, his eyes adjusting to the damp darkness as he enters. His hooves clack on to the familiar stone, the cave’s mouth opening up and engulfing him willingly. He still cannot shake the tingling of his flesh, and though he awaits for the darkness to wrap him tightly into a comforting embrace, it does not come. When he feels the presence of Faulkor at his side, a shadow of comfort within the turmoil of the brokenness of his mind, he slowly turns to him. “Can you feel it?” He whispers, eyes narrowing slightly as he studies the sharp and darkened features of his longest friend and mentor, silence engulfing the cavern. A soft thrumming soon follows, coming from Balto’s chest - it is not his heartbeat, there is no pulse to it, but a gentle hum that seems to overtake his heart and shroud it, the magic within him manifesting. 

He does not begin to explain how he has come to behold this magic - the words would be too much and Balto cannot fathom describing what he has lost to receive it. 

--
    once the king of beasts but now they feast
    on thoughts beneath his vacant crown.

@[Faulkor] not sure how he's going to actually give him the immortality, i figure you can try to come up with something if you want! if not, i'll make something up in my next reply <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as my lungs gave way i felt something burst -- faulkor - by Balto - 12-30-2017, 11:25 AM