• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart is darker than these oceans -- ceara
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    Something is not ready to give.

The stallion refuses to bend or break - he is unsure the stirrings within his chest, fluttering along his ribcage when she presses in close to him, wanting his protection and his embrace, to let him shield her from all the bad things in the world and to keep her safe. It is all he wants to do, to give her what she wants and to be that for her - a king, a lover, a guide - whatever it is, he wants to be it. He doesn’t want to see her anything but happy, because it is what she deserves, what she craves. And if he could just give that to her - solidify her feelings with words of his own - he could make her happy.

But darkness clouds his mind, weighing heavy in his head like a weight, refusing to give way or budge. It sits there, immobile (or stubborn, perhaps). She doesn’t press him though, which rattles him all the more - why doesn’t she fight him? Why doesn’t she yell at him and beg and plead?

Why is she being so understanding?

Why does she find him even deserving of her empathy, her gentleness?

It rips through him as a wave of guilt and sadness - that such a young, beautiful thing is willing to give him reprieve and sits here comforting him, in the midst of it all. The warmth of her tear on his shoulder stirs him, and his mouth rushes to her cheek, lipping away the saltiness as if that could undo all that caused it to fall. She is still not focused on him - her eyes are elsewhere, out beyond the volcano - and her voice is soft and feeble, and he feels a rattling sigh escape his chest at her words.

“It will always be here. I will always make sure you’ll be okay.” He promises her this in a deep whisper, as if it was a confession he was not meant to say aloud. “I’ll always be here,” he adds tenderly, moving a strand of her forelock from the burning irises of her flaming eyes that still stare off into the distance - he had never seen them so sad. “You are incredible,” he murmurs suddenly, his cobalt gaze set on the angles of her lovely face - he needed her to know. 
    Warrick

@[Ceara]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart is darker than these oceans -- ceara - by Warrick - 01-05-2018, 07:33 PM