• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a makeshift gauge

Two seasons had passed since meeting his sister in the meadow that day.  Less that he had spent on the island of which she came to oversee.  Each day though he intended to familiarize himself with the small plot of tropical terrain.  Mainly he patrolled from his skies.  Today they are a pale aqua.  Much like that of the sea below.  Nar a cloud drifted in it's seemingly endless expanse.  

Today he glided leisurely upon the air currents.  A slight shift in his weight turning him this way and that.  A warm updraft wrapping itself through his preened lavender feathers.  Silver-hazel eyes scanning the tropical foilage below for anything of interest.  Having met an abundant of the residents recently, he could visually identify anyone new that may have arrived.  It wasn't his appointed duty to roll out the red carpet for guests nor question their reasons for being here, but certain events as of late caused him to volunteer his services.

Turning towards the route of sandbar leading to the mainland, he beats his wings lightly.  The thought of those less fortunate that had to walk the distance from the island to land crosses his mind.  What a pity it must be to be chained to the earth.  Along the bridge there is movement that draws his attention.  A shadow under the surface of the waters that inches nearer to the sandy beaches.  Circling around like a buzzard waiting for death, he hovers.  Watching as the shadow breaks through the shallow depths and emerges.  A glimmer of sunlight reflecting off the strangers dampened body.  Continuing to watch for a bit more to see if their purpose here is made known.  When not a call is released or further movement is made he begins to descend.  Wings tucked slightly to loosen his grip on the atmosphere around him.  

Limbs reach for the fast coming earth below.  Lavender wings beating faster in slight backwards direction to slow him as he lands just shy of the breaking waves.  He didn't particularly care for water, though how many winged creatures do.  His long limbs carry him towards the stranger wading in the waters.  Wings carried loosely at his sides.  Ears thrusted forward atop his high carriage crown.  Silver eyes content on observing the mysterious water horse.  The slick of his flesh and tangles of ocean in his locks.  For such a messy thing there was a natural allure he couldn't place.  Brow raising in curiousity as he comes to stand still before the multi-colored stallion.  "You look like you're waiting for someone..." He says nothing more.  His usually wispy lips remain flat.   

Klaudius
    I was just born this amazing

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-21-2017, 03:09 AM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Klaudius - 12-21-2017, 10:46 AM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-21-2017, 11:38 AM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Krone - 12-21-2017, 04:28 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Kylin - 12-22-2017, 04:57 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-23-2017, 06:06 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Krone - 12-26-2017, 06:19 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Kylin - 12-27-2017, 03:13 PM