• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a makeshift gauge

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    At first he takes the lavender stallion for Kharon, but as the winged creature lands, Ivar realizes his mistake. This creature lacks the tobiano markings that Kharon shared with his sister, but there is no doubting the familiar shade of lavender. Family, he assumes, a relation to Kylin.

She has not mentioned that her family has returned, but this stranger seems at ease with Ischia. A distant relative then, not someone close enough that Kylin found his presence worth mentioning. Ivar’s dark eyes rove over the other male with a cursory glance; he looks for danger and finds none. It has him leaning to the side, relaxed despite his location in a foreign land with a stranger that might well be a glorified border guard.

The kelpie does not miss the way the stallion skirts the water, an odd habit for a creature dwelling on an island. Perhaps there are dangers here Ivar has not considered; sharks do not flee from the presence of horses the way they do from kelpies. He glances back to the depths but finds them empty, and chooses to climb further onto the shore rather than shout an answer over the crashing waves.

Water beads along his scales, reflecting in the suinlight even on the matte black scales that make up most of his pelt. The opalescent hite of his shoulders, face and legs is brilliant, catching even Ivar’s dark eyes, and he shakes the excess moisture away with a shake of his body. The motion has the tangled cords of his mane obscurinf his face once more, but this time he does not bother to clear them away. The obstruction mutes little of his innate charm, but he is not particular effusive in politeness as he replies.

“Your queen. Or someone that can find her for me.”

king of loess
    minimal smoky grullo tobiano | equus kelpus

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-21-2017, 03:09 AM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-21-2017, 11:38 AM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Krone - 12-21-2017, 04:28 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Kylin - 12-22-2017, 04:57 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-23-2017, 06:06 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Krone - 12-26-2017, 06:19 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Kylin - 12-27-2017, 03:13 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-27-2017, 04:06 PM