• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a makeshift gauge

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    It is with intrigue that he watches the exchange between the green-haired mare and the lavender stallion. Krone clearly holds no fondness for the pegasus despite their (presumed) shared lineage, and Ivar wonders what has transpired between the two of that. It was something serious, he supposes, serious enough that she does not hesitate to share the outcome with strangers.

Somehow he isn’t surprised that Karaugh’s progeny has managed to ruffle a few feathers.

The warmth of Kylin at his side is pleasant, and she is quiet as Krone pulls her attention from the now-flying pegasus. The lavender mare has always been good at quiet reassurance, even if Ivar is not especially in need of support right now. The emerald winged mare does not seem at ease even with Klaudius away, but the scaled stallion does not mention him again. Instead he listens to her explanation of how she had become queen.

The island had chosen her?

The tale seems a little far-fetched, but Kylin does not contest it. It must be true then, in the way that many very odd things in Beqanna are true. The lavender mare tells him that Circinae has left, and Ivar touches her shoulder briefly in a wordless comfort. She - and the island – seem to be more frequently left behind than anything really should.

“I take it you do not plan to leave as quickly as she did?” he asks Krone, turning his gold flecked eyes to the winged mare. “I’d like to establish a relationship between my kingdom and Ischia, and that’s always easiest with less frequent changing of hands.” It’s easiest when there is certainty of inheritance as well, he does not add, because who knows how a mare selected by a piece of land might feel about the choosing of successors.

king of loess
    minimal smoky grullo tobiano | equus kelpus

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-21-2017, 03:09 AM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-21-2017, 11:38 AM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Krone - 12-21-2017, 04:28 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Kylin - 12-22-2017, 04:57 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-23-2017, 06:06 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Krone - 12-26-2017, 06:19 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Kylin - 12-27-2017, 03:13 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Ivar - 12-27-2017, 04:06 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a makeshift gauge - by Krone - 01-09-2018, 08:27 PM