• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

undo the knots of the past // any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    The field had failed us. The stallion who found us, Kelsie, he had been of no help, had not wanted to find a home suitable to Insignificance and myself. Despite my usual disposition, I resent the strange stallion for his reluctance. It was our time of need, and he failed us. He forced us to expend energy on finding a home, when neither of us had any to spare.

I'm exhausted.

The sun dawns today, and Insignificance presses her nose to the base of my throat, whispering that she will wander by herself today, and that she will meet me again here. I melt into her side for a moment, reassured by her touch and consistency; where would I be without her.

After a few minutes of solitude, I decide to set out. I have been collecting information on the kingdoms, listening to quiet conversations and gentle exchanges. From what I've gathered, the place I am destined today will suit Insignificance and I most excellently - but I want to go myself, before I bring my companion here. She is delicately sewn together, and I love her too much to subject her to the possibility of danger or fear.

I see the mountains before I smell any trace of a herd. They are looming and daunting, but their rocky outlines remind me of the Chamber, my birthplace. I steady my nerves, begging my nostrils to stop trembling and for the whites of my eyes to retreat back into my skull. I find myself moving more quickly, anxious to be found in the no-man's land between the general places and this mighty kingdom.

I pause at the scentline, but I do not have much time to spare. I must get in and determine if this will be Insignificance's and my home before she realizes I've been gone. With a shake of my ebony mane, I bring my minimal overo body across the border and surge onward.

For some time, the only sounds are the birds, and the only sights are diverse trees and long grasses. I have steered clear of the mountains for today, figuring that horses must gather in the lower parts more frequently than the peaks.

Soon, I catch sight of something magnificent - a lake with waters as clear as the sky in summer. I perk my ears and pause mid-step, examining the body of water, nerves on fire waiting for something to happen. Nothing does. With a shuddering breath, I begin to approach.

My name's Takei, I hear from around a bend. The grassy banks  fade perfectly into the lake water, and I must tread into the shallow waters to maneuver around the bend. Two horses stand there, and for a moment, I don't really know what to say. I finish listening to the spotted stallion, standing as far from him as the other mare does. My heart is racing. Technically, I am a trespasser.

Hopefully Hyaline is as kind as rumour would have it.

"I'm sorry to intrude," I interject softly, once the moon-eyed stallion finishes. "No one brought me here, but I've heard that this is a place of refuge. My friend and I - she's not here right now - we need somewhere quiet." I smile a little, but the expression feels odd on my stoic and angular face. "I'm Kagerus, by the way. From the Chamber and Jungle, in the time before." I'm from nowhere right now, I want to add, but I know that would be redundant.

"I hope this is... Okay."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 12-21-2017, 04:48 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 12-28-2017, 02:22 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 01-03-2018, 12:22 AM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Kagerus - 01-05-2018, 02:07 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 01-05-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 01-09-2018, 11:26 PM