• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your mess is mine - warrick

Tangerine

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep

The glow of dawn has found them, even in their secret place. As their love-making comes to an end, for now, the morning light serves Tangerine a reminder of where she is. Their days of care-free living on the plains were passed now, but their adventure would forever be the crown jewel of all her memories. Tephra would call Warrick away, now more than ever with a crown resting unseen (yet very much felt) between his ears. While this terrified her at first, the wild mare has come to peace with her lover's sense of duty, night and day they had always been, and she wouldn't trade their arrangement for anything now. 

Tangerine has known Warrick long enough to know he was as set in his ways as the Volcano around them. His journey with her had been a tremendous sacrifice that she did not take lightly. The weightlessness she had felt among the free-folk had dissipated when she dreamed of Warrick's and Solace's fates, but there was an overwhelming comfort in being returned to his side for whatever the future may hold. For all her foresight, there was still much which evaded her sight.

Lava, magma flow - even volcanos go through changes now and again. 

Someday the crown would grow too heavy for him, and she would be there.
    Tang has grown older, wiser. The years have mellowed her, Carnage, her fall, and her climb have tempered her. She is still wild, but her wildness is smooth and rich like honey, sweet, with a hint of the pollen and spring breeze still tangible. But she is slower to move, earthy and grounded - the product of a labor of love, and necessity. 

This is how she loves him, slow and deep - more. She is not the filly she once was, flitting from one kingdom to the next like the spring breeze. Impulse does not rule. She was the mother of three, the dreamer of fate and no longer undecided. She is not such a selfish creature as before. 

How much have you seen?

She had seen much, but not enough to know the whole story, but it did not weaken the unbreakable ties she felt to Warrick. Tangerine smiles, kindly, knowingly, hoping to ease the tension she can sense more than see pooling in the muscles of his neck. Nothing she has diluted the deep fillings the dancing stallion on the planes had stirred. "First I saw crowns, on your head and Solaces, both on the same night. That sight took away my sleep. I saw the burden you carry in a grey boulder saddled across your withers. " She presses her muzzle to that place, soothing the coiled muscles above his wings. "I saw your subjects like wild children around your heels, bickering and crying for milk, and the great sighs you heave because they will never be sated."

Speaking of appetites, her smile turns coy, as her face comes up to his again and she gently nips along the lower line of his jaw. "And congratulations are due, you will be having another daughter come spring... and she isn't coming from this flat tummy." She adds with a flip of her tail around his hocks. 

@[Warrick] sorry you had to wait so long for rambling XD

Messages In This Thread
    your mess is mine - warrick - by Tangerine - 12-21-2017, 10:32 PM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Warrick - 12-22-2017, 02:56 PM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Tangerine - 12-29-2017, 05:07 PM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Warrick - 12-30-2017, 10:15 AM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Tangerine - 01-18-2018, 10:46 AM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Warrick - 01-20-2018, 10:07 AM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Tangerine - 02-17-2018, 10:13 AM