• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your mess is mine - warrick
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    Her visions still mesmerize him - how clear and vivid they must be in her mind’s eye to show her his new role in Tephra, the going-ons of their children, and whatever else she may have missed in her absence. Crowns, of course. He is not expecting two, however, and he tilts his head slightly. “Solace?” he murmurs to himself incredulously - it is not a haughty notion for his daughter to move herself up in the world of Beqanna (he had expected her to, honestly), but hearing it fall from the lips of his children’s own mother, rattles him to the core with a swelling of pride and honor. A lazy and sleepy smile finds the navy of his mouth, resting there perfectly like it belongs. “My sweet Solace,” he repeats gently, unable to hide the adoration and affection that glistens in his eyes for his golden and alabaster daughter. Of course, Tangerine interpreted the vision of the crowns differently than Warrick would have, and describes the weight of it already on his shoulders and how it had marred her sleep, touching his withers with her pink lips. His eyes soften with concern and understanding, reaching towards her to gently groom a few of her dark strands of mane back into place, ending with a tender kiss on the slope of her neck.

She does not see his duty as a good thing, but she is here beside him anyway, to love and support him, and he cannot ask her any more than that. It is all he needs to survive, and though his sense of duty and love for Tephra is grand, her love for him is what gives him his strength and courage. It always has.

“When I am with you, the burden you have envisioned is as light as a feather,” he tells her in a sweet whisper, closing his eyes momentarily as he lets the rest of her words sink in, magical in their revelation as they leave her lips. Her vision of his subjects causes a humorous smile to tug onto his cobalt lips, a deep chuckle resounding in the crevices of his chest. The analogy is amusing because it rings with truth, though he does not mind being their caretaker and attempting to soothe their wails of hunger - he will protect and serve, as he as always sworn to do. “I have had plenty of practice dealing with the mewlings of babes, thanks to you. I think I’m rather good at it.” He laughs again, this time the sound leaving his throat and reverberating into the humid air around them, nipping playfully at her two-toned skin just as she lightly plucks at the sensitive skin of his jawline.

And though the last of her vision does not surprise him, he had hoped she had not seen this part of his life. He tenses for a moment, unsure of what will come of the information, fear gripping his throat. But she is casual and light-hearted, her eyes glimmering with humor as her tail matter-of-factly flicks against his legs. He does not return her coyness, for he is embarrassed at the idea of her already knowing what has conspired between himself and Wound. He has not seen the gentle woman in a while, and though he had not known of her pregnancy, he is not surprised that their night beneath the stars resulted in her conception. His heart is light, however, despite the guilt that rests there along with it - Warrick has never turned away a child, and he is excited to know that another one of his own will join Tephra’s residents - a daughter, nonetheless.

“Her name is Wound.” He pauses, lifting his eyes to her with a sparkle of delight yet with a glassy look of hesitancy. “You would like her.” She reminds me of you, he doesn’t say. Instead: “She’s a dreamer, like us.” He wonders if he needs to explain his affection for the woman, why his heart had been drawn to her despite his devotion and loyalty for Tangerine. He had never understood how Tangerine could love and care for both him and Amet years ago, but now, as he lies with her in their warm grotto, he feels as if he understands her more than ever.
    Warrick

@[Tangerine]
    <3

Messages In This Thread
    your mess is mine - warrick - by Tangerine - 12-21-2017, 10:32 PM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Warrick - 12-22-2017, 02:56 PM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Tangerine - 12-29-2017, 05:07 PM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Warrick - 12-30-2017, 10:15 AM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Tangerine - 01-18-2018, 10:46 AM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Warrick - 01-20-2018, 10:07 AM
    RE: your mess is mine - warrick - by Tangerine - 02-17-2018, 10:13 AM