• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

survival was my only hope, success my only revenge [Maugrim]

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

Before I knew it the water was up to my chest, like a rip tide  but with no notice. The dense water lifted up me of the sandy ground and pulled me away from the land that offered security and the only familiar thing I had.  Quickly, faster than what I thought could be naturally possible I was far away from shore and the sea floor was nowhere near reachable for the surface. My eyes were wide with fear, Isobell was far from reach but a desperate call fell from my lips anyway. A shrill call fell but was left unanswered. I was tossed about in the water the vicious grin on the stallion whom I called Seaweed was all the evidence I needed that this was his doing. ”Put me ba--” But I was underwater before I could say or do anything further.  The water whipped me around spun me over and over again holding me under the surface. Meanwhile my lungs burned for air, while I fought the urge to inhale. Desperately I kicked the water, but with the swirling current and nothing to brace off of I was powerless to the whims of the seaweed and pearl stallion that had since become one with the water.

But the beast that had taken me must not have wanted me dead, for he brought me to the surface. Sputtering I coughed and gulped the air my lungs craved so desperately, water dripping from my face and neck. The shore of Nerine was gone, I was utterly alone. The tide pulled on me again, and I inhaled the precious air until my mouth and nose were no longer above water. Once under the current battered me back and forth once more. The tumbling, twisting, flipping went on for what felt like ages, as the air I took in slowly left my body and left my lungs yearning for air...again. The endless flipping made me dizzy, and vertigo quickly set in, making the fear that was already raging inside my brain kick into overdrive. All around me was a blue-green mist littered with tiny air bubbles, but with the how much I was spinning I could pinpoint up, and everything was getting blurry about the edges.

Just then he brought me to the surface again, and gasped for air again, and looking around I realized how utterly alone I was ( not including that stallion… he wasn’t helping me.), I didn’t scream, or demand to be taken back to land.  Who would I scream for? Isobell hadn’t helped me, I hadn’t seen Chem in a year or so-- and even then I’m in the middle of the water, no way he could get to me here. Just then the copper-toned stallion from the river popped into my head. I swim.” Grim… maybe he could… but I was underwater again before I could do anything. But the time I rose to the surface again, I felt I was surely too far away from the coves and bays he dwelled in for him to get to me fast enough or for him to hear me. The cycle of taking me under and to the brink of unconsciousness before allowing me to breathe for a moment by taking me to the surface went on over and over. I never trusted him to bring me up so I constantly struggled against the water. But even as I tried to stay alert, even as the adrenaline coursed through my veins-- I weakened. Fervent kicks and thrashing about to stay upright and aware became subtle movements of a black hoof and a dazed look in my eyes. I lost track of how many times I went under, how many times I almost passed out...how long it had been since I was taken. I was completely unaware of myself and my surroundings

Eventually though, I saw land and i strained doward it before being pulled under, i lashed out to feel for solid ground, but the current still held me in it’s grips, and to it I was enslaved. This time the stallion didn’t let me come up...and the blurry turned black and my body went limp.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

@[Maugrim] I figured her going unconscious would make it easy for you to set up whatever system he'll enact to keep her from running off  Tongue
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    He follows her with a thrumming of mad delight, allowing her breath only when it suited his fancy, watching her writhe helplessly as he basically controls her and maneuvers her with the steady and fierce current he wields. She did not escape his grasp (he had been careful not to let her have too much control of her swimming - he had learned his mistake a few victims back) and he wonders if she wishes she hadn’t asked him to do something.

The scaled woman on the shore is a distant memory - queen or not, he didn’t care - and he doubted she would come searching for his prize. She is his now - his plaything to add to his collection.

Though, lucky for her, there is someone new in his life that keeps him from drowning her instantly as they come into the Ischian shores. Normally, he’d pull her into the shallows, where if she could just get her head above the water she would be fine, but he would refuse the movement and she would stutter into nothingness in just a few inches of water. But Deathwish would be displeased - at least, because she didn’t get a chance to reverse the process first - and he is excited to bring his captive onto the white, glistening shores.

As the deep waters of Ischia begin to turn into corals and rock and sand, his grip lessens - even now, Vessel is too weak and tired to fight even the gentleness of touches he creates with the water. He watches her fall limp and his body shudders with delight - he could let her fall to the waves, tumble into the sharp corals with the weight of her unconscious body, and die amongst blood and exposed bone and salt. 

But she is not to die - not yet.

He allows Ischia’s natural push and pull to bring her into the shallows of the crystal clear water, generous enough that he did not allow the crashing waves to splice her into pieces among the coral. He will have to remind her of his mercy when she awakens. Her body is dehydrated from the lack of freshwater and the amount of salt soaked into her flesh, and a few of the corals seemed to have scrapped her legs and the delicate flesh of her underbelly as she lies in the soft tide, breathing steadily on the white sand.

She is alone, but only because he still dabbles in the waves, pacing back and forth like an animal before it launches onto its prey.

Finally he submerges, breaking from the water with a loud splash and a whirl of sea spray, materializing before Vessel in a heap of evergreen and pearlescent muscle, his sides heaving not from exertion, but from keeping himself from her, from holding himself back. The blood trickles into the water and it causes his eyes to roll and his pale nostrils to flare wildly, his salt-strewn tongue licking at his cracked lips.

“Wake up,” he says gruffly, displeased at her silence for too long, and shoves her neck with a muscled leg. 
    m a u g r i m.

@[Vessel]
    Bascially she's stuck on the island because Maugrim will always be in the water to grab (ahem, try to kill) her if she tries to leave. DW will probably join in soon once they have a proper conversation XD

Sputtering I lurched back into consciousness, salt water bubbling from my throat and out my open mouth onto the sandy ground beneath me. As I slowly came aware of my surroundings, I realized I was on a beach in some other place in Beqanna. The water was clear and calm-- a sign we were on the opposite side from Nerine which most likely meant he had taken me to Ischia. I pondered a thousand questions in that first moment however one kept coming to mind. Why Ischia?

The fall sun was lower in the sky than it had been weeks prior as the winter solstice slowly worked its way closer as the days ticked by, but the water bordered lands were buffered from extreme dips in weather so fall and winter were only marked by slightly shorter days that were only a few degrees cooler, with more rain--usually. I realized that once the water evaporated I would be rather warm as Nerine’s inland was cooler than this place. This place that the seaweed and pearlescent stallion had brought me. It was then that sounds finally seemed to reach my still foggy brain, and a rough “get up” was heard from behind. I looked over to see him, Seaweed-- I had dubbed him. He paced, eyes crazed and wild. They seemed to roll around in their sockets as if they were loose and free, not connected and held through tissue and ligament. “Seaweed” tossed about and stomped his feet, and animal caged by flesh and (if I could read minds) and a restraint from taking my breath from my beating heart.

I pulled myself up, stumbling a bit as he continued his frenzied movements. My usually russet coat was a darker ore brown hue and I held myself ready, as ready as a half-drowned foggy-minded petite mare could. My muscles were tense, even if they were still recovering from the ocean thrashing earlier. I look at the two-toned beast (let's be real he wasn’t a gentleman that’s for sure), trying to decide what way to play this out to my best advantage. I was too weak to run away from him. I didn’t stand a chance swimming away-- he could become water. And I definitely couldn’t beat him in a battle-- at least not this close to the water while I was still fatigued. So that left a game of wit, It seemed unlikely to help me but it was the only choice. So I took it. I raise my head, and look him in the eye (as best I could with his manic mannerisms) I allow a smirk to cross my lips but an annoyance to take my eyes. ” What the hell! Not quite what I meant when I said to do something, Seaweed. But I’m sure Isobell learned her lesson by now, so take me back...or point me in the right direction and I will go alone.” I shake the sand from my coat but keep an eye on the beasty. I cared not to know his actual name now-- in fact, I hoped his little nickname annoyed him slightly-- my little revenge.

But I don’t move, I don’t want to get close to him. I don’t want to be pulled back into the water and I don’t want to make this worse. So I wait...I know I can handle most anything, so better to plan and react than make a move and regret it--for now.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    The water around her coils agitatedly, like a snake poising itself to deliver a fatal blow. The ocean has a master, and it is Maugrim, and his will is easily brought to life by the powerful waters. His hooded brow shades the blackness of his gaze - intense and hungry, a look that had not befallen him in Nerine, but is now rampant on his face - and his lips are curled into a menacing snarl. “You shall not return to Nerine.” He growls this plainly, ears pinning beneath the dark evergreen of his mane. “You will know nothing of the world again except for this island.”

The island they are on is a small outcropping of sand, just outside of Ischia. In distance, it is not far from the mainland, but the water churns angrily as the sharp rocks of corals and reefs prick its way above the surface - a swim towards the mainland would mean crossing those corals, and most likely becoming trapped within them and drowning. He had created it himself, lowering the waters in the ocean to reveal the corals and sealife beneath. Already the reef that had been exposed to the air has begun to darken and wither away, and some silvered and rainbowed fish still flip and flop in different areas - merely in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is a rather large area for a single horse, with numerous boulder-like corals that tower far above their heads. He would have to find something to sustain her, he figures, but he’s sure a few days without food or drink would be good for his first captive - to find herself depending on his visits, awaiting the nourishment he would bring her.

It is unlike him, to offer her a place to stay where she could remain breathing, instead of dragging her into the dark abyss where he keeps the others - but there is another here in Ischia who will find Vessel’s presence interesting, and not everyone could move beneath the waves like he can. Maugrim has never kept his collectables before - they have all become lifeless and bloating corpses within a matter of minutes - and the exhilaration he feels begins to quicken his heart rate, and at the same time, quickens the water around them. 

She feebly stands (such a weak thing) and he pauses, standing before her with a narrowed gaze. 

“Welcome home.”

m a u g r i m.

@[Vessel]
    I hope this is okay? They're on a tiny island he created (so it used to be underwater) and its not too far from Ischia!

I watch as he bent the sea to his will. Making the water arc and whirl, pushing the loose sand of the beach about until it had been rearranged. An island surrounded by razor shard corral keeping my tired self from the mainland that was tauntingly close. A tease, he had made this tiny island just to tease me, the imp. The greying corral a warning of what I would be if I tried to cross--dead. And the opposite side, never ending ocean…a ways off-- further than i thought I could swim there was a sheet of rock that rose steeply from the crashing wave below the current pushing against the solid form forever demanding it give to it’s relentless pounding.  My coat has quickly dried in the heat and sun and I already felt my mouth drying. THere was no shade and in the heat I knew it wouldn’t take long before dehydration set in and it wouldn’t be long after  until I… No, I mustn't think in such a way. I will figure out a way out. But he’s talking about about never seeing the world again, save for this little sand bar of an island.  I want to roll my eye, and i might have without realizing but it seems cliche. Nothing like this ever lasted---someone always came to help, to the rescue… a random passerby. There was always a kink in the plan.

But I started to think through my list again. Nayl- gone, Chem- MIA, My supposed father-- who knew, Mother-not sense volcanic village had they seen each other, my brother-- vanished with the Tundra, Grim-- yeah right it made no sense that he would come to her aid after 5 minutes of conversation. That left random circumstance. A sigh escaped my lips, not a dewy eyes sigh of a lover but exasperated and frankly over the situation--which may not be a good start as this was probably just the beginning. “Welcome home,” he said, and I just stared at him blankly unamused and determined to not let him get his jollies by forcing a rise out of me. So unless you just want to kill me now… some food, drinkable water would be great. Thanks.
    I turned my back to him. And went and stood in the tiny bit of shade from one of the towering corrals protruding through the sand. My eyes looking at the colorful fish in the ocean, anything to not look at the seaweed green beast who eyed me like his next meal.  

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

So short. sorry. But I wanted to get something up to you so you could move on with the plot. Feel free to power play anything I OKed in our messages Smile
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    His lips ripple into a snarl, his yellowed teething showing from behind the paleness of his mouth. She is ignorant and defiant - her flippant attitude increases the anger that boils within him, and for a moment, he wonders if he should just kill her now. Would it be worth all of this painstakingly slow build up? Would he be able to keep her alive until the most opportune moment, to heighten his craving for power and bloodlust? At this moment, when she stalks away from him with only an expression of defeat, it seemed better to simply murder her, as she so desperately wishes he would.

He inhales deeply, calming himself and keeping the waters from closing in on her for the time being. It would be worth it, he reminds himself. She is, however, ungrateful of his mercy so far, and though he has quelled the urge to drown her immediately, it does not dilute the rage boiling within him. So he lunges towards her in a length of two strides, pressing her against the coral she had gone to for shade, shoving her against it with the sharp and unforgiving press of his shoulder against her own. He breathes against the auburn of her skin, knowing corals well enough that the force he had applied would draw blood against her flesh that touches it. 

“You will eat and drink when I allow it, pet,” he growls into her ear, “Until that moment, you might want to learn some manners.”

He’s still against her, and his blood is rushing to his head, his heart rate skyrocketing. There is nothing sexual as he forces her further into the delicate coral beside her - it is purely for the sake of power that he finds himself so close to her; it is for the sake of fear that he threatens her life, overcoming her with his strength and size and ability. “No one knows you’re here, Vessel. No one even knows that I’m here. It’s just us. I’m your only friend, now.” He says maliciously and with finality, emphasizing his point with a forceful bite to her neck, delighting in the taste of flesh in his teeth and the blood that flows there. With her skin still in between his teeth, he presses the bulk of his body against her again in a final shove against the corals. He releases her, taking a step back to give himself space. He snorts wildly, his dark eyes searching hers, waiting for the true reality of her situation to kick in.

Maugrim smiles (it is disheartening and sickening on his face) and takes a step towards her, feigning concern in his black eyes as he brushes his mouth over the swollen part of her neck that he had clamped down onto, as if he was sorry. “I could always take you for a swim, Vessel. Would you like that instead?” His voice is soft and generous, as if his request is not unkind.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Vessel]  Angel

I wasn’t as young as I used to be, I wasn’t the same frantic eyed girl needing a bright teal eyed stallion to save me from the rushing waters of a river. I had lived a life that had brought be to the point were I was quite alone--and starkly aware of it as the anger flared in the seaweed green stallion’s eyes. He was displeased by my disregard to his threats. It was my own small attempt to rebel against the situation i had found myself in, but maybe it was too much. His displeasure boiled over, his eyes narrowed with dark intent. Then the beast I called Seaweed took two lunging strides and, with what seemed like no effort at all, pinned me against the razor like surface of the corral behind me. I winced and inhaled sharply ad i felt the rock pierce into my flesh. Some areas were just cuts and scratches other were deep punctures. I tried to stay still, knowing the bits of coral that has sunken into my hips, shoulders and ribs were curved and any jolted motion would only make them sink in further of break off completely-- which was the worse scenario. He snarled his words against my flesh, making his point and allowing his anger to be released in the blood that flowed from my opposite side. Through gritted teeth and shaking legs, I spoke my own raspy reply, ”Yes, sir.” It was what he wanted to hear surely, though to say it came from a place of respect was a lie. I held no respect for the beast that would treat another like this.

But my words were not proof enough for him, he needed a greater ownership over my being, and so he bit hard and fast, holding until my neck gave way to the pressure and the skin broke allowing my blood to spill once more. The beast didn’t let go, his teeth holding me there to ensure that even the fish in the salted water knew I was claimed- his and his alone. I kept woman-- if you will. His body was so close and while the pain of the coral and of his teeth made it more than obvious this was not about sex- I was well too aware of his ownership of my space, my body.

I hated it.

I had fought for so long to not need anyone, to not feel that I needed Chem, or Vaughan, my twin. I had grown starkly independent--and now in one motion one motion it was gone. It was a truly defeating moment, and it surely showed in my eyes that had been wide with shock and pain, but now were just slightly less. They didn’t quite have the same determination to them as they had moments before. But he let go and admired his work before smiling and cooing sickening about swing and making a mockery of my predicament. ”I’ve had quite enough of the water, friend.” I didn’t hide my animosity, nor did I hide the hatred that and taken home in my eyes.

I would find a way out of this. And then it would be my turn, I will ruin him.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

OOC: Here go radar! also, I have my accounts set to automatically subscribe so that I get an instant PM notification when you reply. so no need to tag anymore Smile
    god make me pay
    like the devil i am
    His threats and physical abuse did its job - it did not break her (no, he can see in her eyes that though they are darkened with defeat, there is something that stirs that still keeps her upright), but the flippant attitude that had been cast at him a moment before now vanishes. It quells the hunger, brings his blood down from the height of a boil, and inwardly, he is pleased with result. He doesn’t smile; nothing on his face shows his enjoyment of her predicament, besides the way his dark eyes bore into her own, exhilaratingly watching the darkening of her irises. It is delectable.

“Good.”

With a flick of his tail he turns, walking into the waters that lap at her island’s shore to melt into the ocean and disappear within its depths. Who knew when she would see her captor again?

It had been two days, maybe three. Either way, it hadn’t been long (not to him, anyway). The tide is relatively calm as the sunrise greets the tiny island, and with the sun he emerges from the water’s edge. He stands, dripping onto the sand and carefully looking around, noticing the dried bodies of dead fish and other sea animals, the stench of decay and salt of the corals. He finds her in nearly the same spot he had left her, with dried blood on her wounds and a weak, frail look on her entire body.

“Vessel,” he murmurs, her name but a whisper in his throat. He walks to her, ears flattened to his skull, not knowing how the woman would react to his visit. “Care for a field trip?” he asks her casually, reaching forward to touch his pale lips to the wound on her neck as if enchanted by his own creation. It is time to escort her to the mainland, for a drink (a sip or two) and some sustenance. He couldn’t have his little experiment drying away into nothingness like the fish that rot at her hooves.  “I’ll get you there safely,” he promises, “because I’d hate to kill you before we even reach freshwater.” A thinly veiled threat, and he snorts sharply with finality.
    m a u g r i m.

ooc: i hope you don't mind me skipping ahead a few days, so that he can bring her inland to eat/drink? let me know and i'll change it <3