• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

survival was my only hope, success my only revenge [Maugrim]

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

I watch as he bent the sea to his will. Making the water arc and whirl, pushing the loose sand of the beach about until it had been rearranged. An island surrounded by razor shard corral keeping my tired self from the mainland that was tauntingly close. A tease, he had made this tiny island just to tease me, the imp. The greying corral a warning of what I would be if I tried to cross--dead. And the opposite side, never ending ocean…a ways off-- further than i thought I could swim there was a sheet of rock that rose steeply from the crashing wave below the current pushing against the solid form forever demanding it give to it’s relentless pounding.  My coat has quickly dried in the heat and sun and I already felt my mouth drying. THere was no shade and in the heat I knew it wouldn’t take long before dehydration set in and it wouldn’t be long after  until I… No, I mustn't think in such a way. I will figure out a way out. But he’s talking about about never seeing the world again, save for this little sand bar of an island.  I want to roll my eye, and i might have without realizing but it seems cliche. Nothing like this ever lasted---someone always came to help, to the rescue… a random passerby. There was always a kink in the plan.

But I started to think through my list again. Nayl- gone, Chem- MIA, My supposed father-- who knew, Mother-not sense volcanic village had they seen each other, my brother-- vanished with the Tundra, Grim-- yeah right it made no sense that he would come to her aid after 5 minutes of conversation. That left random circumstance. A sigh escaped my lips, not a dewy eyes sigh of a lover but exasperated and frankly over the situation--which may not be a good start as this was probably just the beginning. “Welcome home,” he said, and I just stared at him blankly unamused and determined to not let him get his jollies by forcing a rise out of me. So unless you just want to kill me now… some food, drinkable water would be great. Thanks.
    I turned my back to him. And went and stood in the tiny bit of shade from one of the towering corrals protruding through the sand. My eyes looking at the colorful fish in the ocean, anything to not look at the seaweed green beast who eyed me like his next meal.  

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

So short. sorry. But I wanted to get something up to you so you could move on with the plot. Feel free to power play anything I OKed in our messages Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: survival was my only hope, success my only revenge [Maugrim] - by Vessel - 01-20-2018, 12:27 AM