• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Confide in me, darling - any

Half of my heart knows just what it wants of me

It's just Krone.

Ah, the Keeper. Circinae's replacement. It was Circinae who had welcomed him to the island, offered him a home here. For that, he owed her much. A piece of him regretted not getting to know her better, for never thanking her properly. Another piece hated the wolf mare for the hurt her disappearance had caused her daughter. It was too late now to fix that loss. Here, though, was a new opportunity to develop a rapport with Ischia's new Lady.

Dipping his regal head respectfully, the young stallion regarded the woman before him. She wasn't much older than him, he knew. And from the timbre of her voice, he could sense her lack of confidence. This new job had her shaken, or perhaps it was something more? She had seemed ready enough when the island's inhabitants had been called to meet their new ruler. What had changed?

His head tipped to one side, listening to the ambient sounds of the land and sea. There was peace to be found here, if one bothered to look. Perhaps that's what had brought the young leader here to begin with.

"Hail, Krone. I don't know that we've met properly? I'm sure you know already, but I'm Hod. This stretch of beach is where I usually spend my days." He explained, referencing the sea strand and the small rocky alcove it joined before reaching the cliffs. "What brings you here?" He asked lightly, knowing that she could move over the island as she pleased. It was just so uncommon that anyone but Nyxa visited him here.

Truthfully, he welcomes the diversion. His upbringing made him no stranger to loneliness, but sometimes... sometimes it got difficult. Bragi was gone, assumed dead. Nyxa was so dear, but undeniably a child. Who could he talk to beside himself that would understand some of the deeper corners of his mind? He was lonely. It was a troubling realization.

@[Krone]

Messages In This Thread
    Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 12-26-2017, 11:11 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 12-27-2017, 10:39 AM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 12-27-2017, 11:04 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-04-2018, 02:12 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-04-2018, 07:51 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-09-2018, 08:10 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-10-2018, 01:42 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 01-21-2018, 10:43 AM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Hod - 01-25-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: Confide in me, darling - any - by Krone - 02-06-2018, 07:06 PM