• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take these bones & breathe them back to life -- nikoline
    Amidst the mists and coldest frosts
    he thrusts his fists against the posts
    and still insists he sees the ghosts
    The darkness of her eyes do not leave the other as she hugs close to the old oak tree with it's enduring strength and stability. She almost acts like a shy child attempting to blot out a stranger's presence by hiding behind the leg's of her parents. She is nervous but the quiver that gently sways cherry blossom petals around her pale form was not from fright but more because of the dropping temperatures. The dryad mare had yet experienced the bone-chill of an early Beqanna winter in this new, strange body.

The horse, most definitely male, stands near the gaping mouth of a strange dark cave. It looks hungry in her eyes and she could nearly mistaken the sun kissed skin of the animal at it's tongue. The last of the sun fractures between the trunks of the nearly naked trees but Nikoline can not take her eyes from the stormy grey-blue of the stallion and his cave. Small ears collapse against her smooth poll but lift again when he takes a few paces closer. The nymph responds by moving from one side of the tree and poking her head around the other, narrow chest breathing deeply in the anticipation of his words. "I think so." His voice is overwhelmingly strong against the sensitive nature of her ears. She had listened to the silence of the forest for so long that she almost feared the sound of his voice would be enough to break her into splinters...but it doesn't.

The man, etched from rare marble wrung by thick sinews, takes a few paces closer with a lower head as though he were praying. Nikoline does not approach but she does not stir from her place next to the oak. The way his dark hair falls across his eyes captures her attention, clutching a breath in her throat. "But I feel as though I may be dreaming." The words are nearly a whisper and she must lean forward from the protection of her oak. The mare steps away from the trunk, her thin legs drawing her only a pace closer but she does not bound away from his advancement. "I thought I was too." She replies back in the same hushed tone as the moonlight spills across his skin in a silver pied pattern. The dryad edges another soundless step closer though her body is stiff and the throb of her heartbeat nearly deafens her.

Large dark eyes flicker to the seeping darkness of the cave with the half expectation to be torn limb from limb by the creepy crawlies inside. Death would not come this day though unless it was in the form of a broken mottled creature with pain in his eyes. The forest nymph listens as the sleepy trees whisper to her. They tell her he has been 'marked' just as she. Nikoline takes a pace closer to him as her own head tips downward. "They say you were there too." Her voice is a soft sound of chimes teased by the love of a warm summer's night. "The demons hurt you too." The confession falls from her pale lips as the tall redwoods with their all seeing treetops fall silent.
    nikoline
    barret x syntyche

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take these bones & breathe them back to life -- nikoline - by Nikoline - 12-28-2017, 07:13 PM