• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If a touch is a keep - Voltage
    Of Hamilton & Yasmine
    Sylva was gone.  Gryffen's version of it, anyway.  The wraith king, for all his boasts and plottings, had turned out to be another failed monarch.  What a shame; the telepath had expected big things from that one.   After due consideration, Voltage had moved on instead of hanging around to see what the new set of rulers made of it.  He'd quickly and easily fallen back into his old lifestyle, drifting physically on the edge of the gathered, endlessly swirling and milling crowds of Meadow and Forest, drifting mentally through said crowds' minds to plunder whatever facts he wished, along with some wisps of thought that he frankly could have done without "hearing". Who would even *want* to do such a thing?  That mare needed therapy.  He wasn't going to be the one to offer it, though.  There were far better uses of his time, especially since his life in the past few months had become quite interesting indeed.  First, all those little morning aches and rainy day complaining joints indicating the slide into late middle age had disappeared.  He now felt like he had in the prime of early stallionhood, and the telepath can only guess some deity had finally decided to recognize his specialness and reward it accordingly.  The second, and much more fun half of this gift was the fact that he now lived up to his name.  Literally.  As he stands upon the islands sands, he triggers it, and his mane and tail spark, hair turning into living electrical currents that cause a glow about his entire body.  He stands motionless, watching the tiny currents travel across his entire  body, currents that would static-shock anyone he wished, until his bout of self-adoration is interrupted by an angry barrage of thoughts, so loud that they screamed in his mind. 

Grumpily, he turns off his private light show.  My my my, some little lady wasn't happy in the slightest.  His quest to track Craven here, in hopes of finding the closest thing he allowed himself to have as a friend, was now a failure, as not even this island that the wolf-shifter's mother ruled...had ruled over, he quickly amends to himself since she did not seem present in the minds of the island folk either, held any mental traces of him.  There was a consolation prize though.....the angry young female was the boy's sister.  He follows the furious shouting a short distance away to her location, where the filly stands with another female, older and lavender-with-white to the filly's green, who is apparently trying to soothe her.  Well, this was awkward.  And likely tiresome to listen to, but he hardly had anything else on his plate right now, did he?  Mentally rolling his eyes as he catches bits of their conversation, the complaining, followed by shocked rebuttals and further complaining, Voltage approaches the pair while privately wondering to himself why he's doing this.   Feigning politeness, he waits until a break in the conversation before speaking.  "Afternoon, ladies.  My name is Voltage.  I'm here looking for a friend of mine, named Crevan.  Perhaps one of you has seen him recently? " And he flashes the two of them a smooth politician's smile, carefully designed to put them at ease.  

V O L T A G E

Messages In This Thread
    If a touch is a keep - Voltage - by Nyxa - 01-02-2018, 01:19 PM
    RE: If a touch is a keep - Voltage - by Kylin - 01-10-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: If a touch is a keep - Voltage - by Nyxa - 01-10-2018, 05:33 PM
    RE: If a touch is a keep - Voltage - by Kylin - 01-12-2018, 03:28 PM
    RE: If a touch is a keep - Voltage - by Voltage - 01-13-2018, 10:18 PM
    RE: If a touch is a keep - Voltage - by Nyxa - 01-16-2018, 04:31 PM
    RE: If a touch is a keep - Voltage - by Kylin - 01-21-2018, 07:40 AM