• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Im headed straight for the castle - Any
    It's all fun and games until somebody gets knocked up. Or, several somebodies, as the case may be. Not long after she felt the first quickening in her womb, she had noticed a mirrored thickening in the midsection of Ischia's Keeper. It had been weeks since the lavender man had taken her beneath him, filling her with his adoration and his seed. Weeks she'd spent mainly on her own, skulking about the island like an unwanted cat. Every so often, she caught a glimpse of the Keeper, though they had made a point of avoiding each other. The skies, however, were frequently considered fair game. It was impossible to hide pregnancy when your belly was dangling above earth, for either of the expecting mothers. 

"Damn you, Klaudius..." she had muttered viciously. Any other bitch, he could have had, and she wouldn't have cared at all. But no, he had to go fuck his sister. She'd seen the heat in his eyes when the bay and green woman was near, known exactly what it meant. And yet she'd welcomed him to her bed anyway, like the fool she was. But not so much a fool that she didn't know the implications of both mares carrying his children. If Krone was indeed pregnant with Klaudius' child, there was no hope for her and her baby on that island. For all her dreams of grandeur, she would not sacrifice a child of hers to a man's arrogance. Her babe would not be raised under the title of bastard. 

Which is what brought her to the here and now. She flew away in the dead of night, wishing to travel unseen. Long flights were becoming laborious, and she found herself flying lower and slower than she wanted to be. As dawn broke over the ocean, exhaustion forced her to land. It was winter, and snow glimmered over the earth like a protective shield, and yet the numerous trees held on to their fiery crowns. How strange... 

Dawning light enveloped the petite woman, drawing multicolored tints from the paleness of her coat that she'd never noticed before. Some magic in the air, perhaps, that gave her the look of a faceted stone. A shiver overcame her. It was cold! Spending months on a temperate island had resulted in no thick winter's coat, no protection from the biting air. At least the air was still, no wind tried to drag what heat there was from her gently rounded form. She pulled her downy wings in close about her, thankful they still held the heat of recent exertion. What a blessing, her wings were. Wistfully, she hoped the baby would have wings too. She doubted her ability to connect with anyone she couldn't share the sky with, child or no. 

And so, she began to walk, taking her time. She would find a new home. Perhaps here, for a little while. Klaudius could have his sister-whore. He'd proven next to useless to her own ends, even if he was a decent lay. Never settle when you know you can do better, daughter. And you can always do better. Her mother's words rang in her ears, driving her on. Determination steeled her heart. She was ready to meet the welcoming committee.

It would always be where he had been born but it never truly felt like home.  Not like Ischia.  There had always been something alluring about the island.  The open sea and warm updrafts of wind under his outstretched wings.  The forests of Sylva were just so...suffocating.  His curiousity of his mother and sisters whereabouts is what drew him here.  Nothing more.  

After having met the Raven King he was about to depart.  Knowing his mother had not been in the area for some time.  When just as he reaches a break in the canopy his eyes catch a sparkle in the sky.  His head cocks in curiousity as silver eyes watch the equines descent.  It is familiar and he can't help but wonder if his hunch is correct. ..

So he settles for walking in the direction the creature landed.  Lavender ears searching for any sounds of life as silver eyes peer into the depths of forest.

It's neither his ears nor eyes that find her.  No, it is the familiar fragrance on the gentle breeze that unmasks her.  Guiding him through the tangle of tree and brush to find her standing so...alone.  A grin creases his lips as he approaches from behind.  Smooth silk words releasing into the air, "Well. Well. Well. Funny finding you here." He slides up along her right side.  Lavender lips reaching for her new and improved flesh.  His wings brushing along hers. "Bored without me?" He chuckles lightly as he curls around her front and continues along his path of examination.  Stopping to rest his muzzle at her left shoulder.

Her coat shines with a new brilliance.  He knows of the magic within Beqanna so it is not shocking she has come across some.  Approvingly his eyes drink her frame in.  Noting a slight bulge to her belly. "Can I ask what you think you are doing here?" He starts kissing along the slope of her shoulder.  Starting from the base and working up to her wither.  Red tendrils of mane dance delicately upon her pearlescent hide.  His thoughts wander to the potential stirring in her belly and the probability that it is his.  And to whether her presence here was meant to hide such a blessing from him.  If it was his, he had every intentions to ensure it stayed his.  If that meant dragging it's mother back to the island than so be it. 

Klaudius
    I was just born this amazing

@[Sabra]
    Of all the miserable luck. She knows that voice as soon as it hits the air, confident and clear. That hadn't taken long at all. Biting back a curse, she turned to the interloping man, subtly putting a span of air between their bodies. The touch of his muzzle to her shoulder is brief, as she shifts her weight away from his sculpted figure. 

"Not so funny. You, as much as anyone, should understand the need to stretch one's wings every so often. The island was getting a bit... cramped, for my tastes. I wanted a change of scenery." She spoke offhandedly, shrugging. One wing fluttered, gesturing to the surrounding trees which differed so much from the tropical terrain she had been spending her days on. 

Once more, the vision of the island's queen flashed in her mind, taunting her with a sense of injustice. He had his queen, his island, his child. This show of dominance was unnecessary. The brightening daylight cast a deeper glow upon her coat, and for the first time, she thought to hate it. Here was a magpie, a collector of pretty things. And here she was, gradually exchanging a coat of pearl for one more extravagant. Following his gaze, she looked at herself as the sunlight illuminated the fibers of her coat. The effect was soft, but noticeable, as pastel jewel tones refracted across her pale body. A shade of blue lighter than the sky seemed to be the heart of it all. Flicking her tail absently, a sense of wonder overtook her as vibrant strands of firetone caught the light. There were changes afoot, inside and out. And not one of them was going to help her with the big, purple, pain in her ass that was currently devouring her with his eyes. 

She stiffened as he began kissing along the plane of her shoulder. Where once his forwardness had intrigued her, now it felt like a deliberate intrusion. The next question out of his mouth made that all the more apparent. She rolled her still-blue eyes petulantly, staring beyond him into the shadowed woods. Would that she was anywhere but here right now. "I told you. I was tired of the island. I-" The words halted in her throat as a sudden pain jarred her frame. Not labor, no, just a violent jab to her ribs. The child was growing stronger every day, and liked to make its presence known. 

Exhaling sharply, the slight mare raised her head higher, ears tipping backward as her gaze met his. "Don't you have some other slag to be minding? One with a pretty crown and a high temper?" Finally, she was getting to the point. "If you think that Krone and I are just going to make nice and play happy family, you're sorely mistaken." She stepped around to face him head on. Why beat around the bush any longer? She had made her mind up, he may as well know it. 

@[Klaudius]

...change of scenery.

His cords huff a dry chuckle at her slighted words.  "So you choose a forest.  What do you take me for Sabra? A fool..." His silver-hazel eyes narrow upon her as she slips away from his touch.  The usual grin on his lips flattened in seriousness.  She flinches in sudden pain that is gone just as it arrives.  She had something of his.  Something precious and invaluable.  Much more so than any pretty stone or shiny metal.  

Again she speaks.  Jealousy seeping from every pore in her perfect body.  One side of his lips curl as he discovers why she has come here... Krone. He is beginning to move towards her again.  His lean, muscular body effortlessly pacing nearer, "Jealousy doesn't look good on you Sabra... You'll get wrinkles." He jives with a smooth chortle.  He begins to circle around her again.  This time leaving space between them.  Lavender wings shuffle at his sides.  The thick shelter above them hindered her ability to escape by air, but he would put it past her to try.  "What I think, is that you will be coming back home with me... That you will attempt to get along with everyone or else!" His eyes slide along the curves of her petite frame, watching for any signs of resistance.  The threat lingering in the air between them.  

He comes to a stand still directly in front of her.  A grin sweeping across his features.  Do it... I dare you! He thinks. Tossing his crown into the direction of Ischia, he waits for her move.  Be it defiant or willing, he was ready. 

Klaudius

@[Sabra] like I said *claim* XD
    Her laugh was harsh and without any note of real humor, but it broke away from her anyway. Jealous? Is that what he thought her? Oh no. No no no. Jealously was reserved for those who thought saw the opposition as winning. She didn't think Krone had won a damn thing. Klaudius was beautiful, strong, connected... And twisted beyond belief. She saw that now. She wanted nothing to do with him, or that clan of violet vagrants he belonged to. She deserved better. Her child deserved better. 

"What you think, I really don't care anymore. Are you going to flap my wings for me? Somehow carry me across the channel? I've wasted enough time with you, and you can fuck right off to whatever purple hell you came from." The pale mare snapped. Filled with ire, she spun around to stalk off in the opposite direction. She didn't care where she was going, as long as it was away from him. 

Her neck is arched high, a throwback to her desert roots, each step determined. Hell hath no fury, she'd heard said. Well they were right. If he dared touch her again, he'd see just what he waa dealing with, just what fury his indiscretions had unleashed. Hormonal, pregnant and angry. There was not another combination on earth quite like it. 

@[Klaudius]

Nasty venom spews from her crystalline lips again.  He was a patient man but she was wearing it thin.  The usual smoothness of his flesh goes rigid, his muscles stiffen.  Readying him to pounce at her slightest of movements.  She wasn't going without a fight, he could see.  If it's a fight she wants than a fight she will get.

He waits until she is done with her rant.  Spinning and storming off like any scorned women would do.  A devilish grin forming on lavender lips, "You just think you can try to use me to get what you want... A crown perhaps.  My sister's crown.  You've underestimated me Sabra.  That was your first mistake.  Mistake number two, getting knocked up with MY child.  And mistake number three, thinking you can just walk away from all those mistakes." He tsks softly with a shake of his head.  Closing the distance between them.  The lengthy stride of his slender limbs catching up to her quickened strut, "You can try to run, try to hide.  But I will find you.  They, will find you..." Bringing himself to her front quarters, he moves to block her path.  Wanting her to stop and consider his words, "So, will you be making your fourth and most deadly mistake or will you come willingly?" 

Blood is always thicker than water...

Klaudius

@[Sabra]
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Dahmer had ended his conversation with the winged purple stallion feeling quite... curious. Klaudius, as he'd called himself, hadn't been exactly rude or exactly threatening, but there had certainly been something off about the lavender man. When their conversation had come to a close, Dahmer couldn't decide whether or not to follow behind his newest acquaintance's hoof steps or continue with his rounds for the day Eventually, the latter won out.

And how lucky that it had.

The black beast ─ no longer avian ─ walks leisurely and quiet through the gold and red forest, the leaves painting their shadows across his sleek back. Dahmer's ocean blue eyes peer ahead, into the distance where he can still see the shine of Klaudius' purple coat every few seconds as he weaves between trunks of hickory and maple. A newer, unfamiliar scent is gifted to him after some time and his hair stands instantly on edge at the assumption that Klaudius had been an accomplice. A distraction.

He worries instantly for Ellyse.

Dahmer's thoroughbred frame is instantly terse and his legs sweep skillfully through the trees as he works to close the distance between himself and Klaudius ─ but, he then realizes, that the lavender stallion hadn't been a distraction. The mare's voice rings harsh through the trees, greeted with mirthful chuckles and threatening grumbles. Dahmer is not a stranger to these sounds, to the obvious dominance that the lavender stallion is attempting to hold over his companion, and he comes trudging through the foliage with hardened blue eyes and ears pressed flat against his obsidian head.

"She will be going nowhere," the king of Sylva demands, eyes flicking quickly between the Klaudius and the opalescent mare as he comes to a stop in front of the two, his black tail whipping with aggravation around his hindquarters. "But you, he spits at the lavender stallion, "will be getting the fuck out of Sylva." He pauses a moment, nostrils fluttering as he recalls the bits of the conversation he had overheard. "Or do I have to make you?"
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Ellyse], @[Sabra], @[Klaudius]
    Hot, angry tears burned the corners of her crystal eyes. She was outmatched and she knew it. The overbearing stallion's tone had changed, from mocking curiosity to outright anger. From the look in his eyes, she knew that he would not be above bloodying her to get his way, regardless of her condition. And then there was that psychotic cousin of his, with her creeping ways and penchant for death. Of all the families for her to cross paths with, this just may have been the worst option. 

Continuing to walk through his rumbling words, she is forced to a halt when once more, he is before her. Her cheeks are damp with tears she didn't realize had decided to fall, hateful tears. She had never been one much inclined to crying, but with the advent of this child, and all the hurtling emotions it generated, this confrontation was simply too much. She hated that her emotions were so raw and evident. It gave him an edge she couldn't afford to give. Dragging in a shaky breath, the faceted mare lifted her head once more in defiance. 

"You're wrong. My first mistake was agreeing to go anywhere with a man like you. It's brought me nothing but trouble and a child I suspect you would have put in me whether or not I was willing. I guess it's just lucky I wanted you at that moment." She spoke through the choking lump in her throat, trembling with unspent adrenaline. Standing as though rooted to the earth, gentle strokes of air play with the tips of her mane comfortingly. What choices did she have, really? Would she truly rather risk the lives of herself and her child than to cooperate and go back to that now loathsome island? Would cooperation make a difference, or would the punishment for running away be just as severe as not going back at all? 

Her head was beginning to drop in slow submission when the thudding staccato of hooves in deep mulch draws her attention. From the midst of the golden forest surges another stallion, matching Klaudius in stature, but bearing a cloak of deepest black. Her feet carry her backwards several paces in reflex to his menacing entrance, wings clamped protectively about her swollen bodice. But his fierce attitude did not seem to be aimed at her. By the snarled words that followed, she could see he recognized Klaudius, and didn't like what he saw. 

Wind caught in the bright woman's chest as she looked between the two aggressors. The outcome of this standoff could mean the difference between freedom and captivity for her. She dared not run, couldn't even if she wanted to. The barest whimper cut from her lips as a stress-induced contraction rippled through her abdomen. Dear gods, it was far too soon for that! 

@[Dahmer] @[Klaudius] @[Ellyse]

Emotions were running rampant but he still only had one purpose.  One true objective, to know and protect the child within her womb.  

When she finally stops, a trail of tears shimmered down the length of her face.  The dire situation at hand coming to light in her blue eyes as her voice sounds so defeated.  She paints a picture that he is some cruel monster.  That he cared for neither her life nor that of the offspring they shared.  His silver-hazel eyes remained focused on her face.  The submissive stance she holds and a slight part of him feels regret.  Another part wonders if it is also some charade.  At the moment though she seems sincere.  Her face falls and he is quick to act.  Dipping his muzzle, to take the broad side of his nose and reach under her chin.  Rising her profile to where it should be held.  Once it's positioned correctly, he sweeps the tears from the right side of her cheek with his lavender lips.  As he's about to speak, there is a rustling of leaves and his attention is averted. 

The crystal mare is backing away with a look of fright in her eyes, his head swings to the direction of the noise.  Instinctively he places himself between the mare and the threat.  Eyes coming to land on the dark faced stallion.  When he sees the bright blue eyes he recognizes them immediately.  Having just left the brief company of Dahmer, King of Sylva.  With threatening words the dark stallion makes his position known, though he is curious what the stallion really knows.  Lavender ears fall from their usual height.  With a whip of his lavender tail and shuffle of his wings, he answers, "My apologizes your Grace.  We were just discussing a family matter.  Seems we have come to an impasse." His crown turns again to witness a slight wince leaving Sabra's face, "If this is what you want than so be it.  But let it be known that I did not abandon my child.  You took it from me.  I wished nothing more than to provide you and my child a home. Security." With his piece said he turns back to Dahmer.  A long step taken forward as he calls to the earth to gather around him.  Metals, precious stones imbedded in them decoratively, wrap around his chest and face.  Forming along the length of his neck, and forelimbs sported a set of gaurds.  Completed with diamond studded horseshoes.  This armor was light and made for more show than anything else.  Stepping within reach of the raven shifter he bows his head, "I'll see myself out.  It was good speaking with you Dahmer.  If ever you find yourself free time, I invite you to visit Ischia.  Krone, our Keeper, would love to entertain company I am sure." His platinum covered face turns to Sabra, "We aren't as bad as some make us out to be." 

"Good day." With nothing more to add he takes his leave.  Winding through the twisting of tree trunk until finally a clearing in the canopy is spotted.  His vast spread of lavender wings grip at the air and thrust him upwards.  High above the autumnal trees he sets his sights on the north.  Home just upon the horizon.   

Klaudius