• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wanna hear my beating heart one last time; levi.

The scent of the volcano is easy to trail. Foliage crushed from a wild run, heavily spiced with his sisters sweat and tropical fauna is her trail of breadcrumbs. These warm scents are dramatically out of place in the winter fields and dry, hibernating forest.

Levi had followed the Overseer's orders, although he had hardly been needed. Karaugh had left easily and without a fight, happy to again have her freedom. Perhaps she had known what troubles waited for him as soon as she cleared out. 

He had felt nothing as he watched the jerky flight of the bat as she crossed the channel. It had been his sister he was thinking of as the five of them (Amorette unseen in their wake) had wordlessly traveled to the channel. He told himself she had a right to be angry, but he doesn't want her to be angry alone. He had harbored his anger alone for years (forever) nestled warmly in his belly of flames, and look where it go him. Friendless, partnerless, and positionless - except for the dirty jobs this or that oversee neede done.
    She deserved more than that.

“Ceara!” He calls, his smokey voice booming across the meadow, in the distance he can see a dark smudge along the horizon just as it disappears into the woods. He picks up the pace. “Cera!” He repeats as he reaches the forest, but only his own voice calls back as it echoed off the trees which surround him.

Levi damns her willfulness then, as he stands alone literally steaming under the pines. He waits a moment to catch his breath, plumes of white smoke leaving his nostrils. Then her scent is there again scent and his head jerks sharply to the right, sure enough, the signs of a recent traveler are there. 

Several strides bring him to her, and a sigh of relief escapes him. 

"Sister." The thick ebony trails that tears have left on her ashen cheeks cause his anger to dissipate. His voice is soft as the morning fog over Tephra's warm streams as he slowly approaches her. Mismatched eyes scan her body quickly for any signs of harm and when he sees none they again rest on her tearstained cheeks. 

Sorrow, guilt, shame
    He feels it deeply, profoundly

It dampens his flames, it achs in his chest. He stallion halts beside her, not reaching but hoping she will.

"I lived in this forest for a year when I was about your age. I ran away and no one chased me down," his voice is compassionate, far from accusatory. "but I'm here for you, and I'm sorry."

Did she know he had never said those words in his life before? 

He doesn't expect his words to fix everything and he still braces himself for her attack, fully expecting a display of rage. But he will not shy from it - because there is now someone who he cares about more than himself. 

She just needed to know that. 

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wanna hear my beating heart one last time; levi. - by Levi - 01-08-2018, 09:44 AM