• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever]

N y x a

I'm sinking to the bottom of my everything

There are tendrils of unrest driving deeper into the soil of Ischia every day.

They fester beneath the earth, souring themselves with rot until, clinging to nearby vegetation, they strip life from their brethren as well. Ever hungry, the revulsion of evil that tinges this Kingdom in a ring of black devours restlessly.

It shocks the tender girl wide awake.

Gasping, Nyxa takes a few moments to gather her senses. The day is just beginning, early dawn paints the sky with an attractive palette of lavender, fuschia and bruised purple tones. For it being Winter there still seems to be a warm, comforting temperature island-wide but that hasn’t kept the muddy-yellow filly from growing an unnecessarily thick coat. It drenches her in sweat, covers the sharkskin of her points, and even serves to give her a shapeless sort of look.

She’s not herself, and she never will be again.

The sound of clanging metal catches her attention, a sharp noise that pierces the solitude and sends a flurry of rainbow birds from their perches in the overgrown den Nyxa rests in. At one time, this place had been Jah-Lilah’s. Now it's just an empty cocoon of what was, clinging to her puffed-out body in the shape of brittle leaves as she rises to shake free a restless night’s worth of sleep. Her memories of the dreams are spotty but she cannot shake the fear that blankets her mind like an oily residue and so, instead, she moves out to the beach for a bit of a walk.

It seems she’s not the only one with this idea, either. Rounding a slow bend, Nyxa’s gemstone gaze picks out the approaching form of another horse - the two will meet face to face if she continues on her path. For a moment, she considers ducking into the safety of the wood, back to the stifling secrecy of some forgotten corner, but a last minute change of opinion sends her on with renewed energy until the outline of his comely shape can be discerned clearly.

“Hello, wanderer.” She chirps, once the water filly perceives them to be close enough to one another for conversation, “Have we met before?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever] - by Nyxa - 01-09-2018, 04:55 PM