• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever]

N y x a

I'm sinking to the bottom of my everything

The sky rumbles in a peal of thunder, a foreshadowing of the winter storm to come, and Nyxa assumes that her question about why Klaudius was out and about has gotten swallowed up in the noise. It seems plausible, anyways. Still, her smile falters when he grows cautious of the impending seawater - what sort of horse took up residence on an island when they were clearly terrified of water?

“He must have good reason.” She thinks, and she’s not too far from accurate. All the same, when his pewter gaze flicks to the churning sky, she stifles her hesitation and tries to settle her nerves. Klaudius tells her he knows a safe harbor against this type of weather, a cavern of sorts that could house them both. Nyxa thinks she knows most places in Ischia by now, and her curiosity over which cavern he was speaking of tilts her head to the side.

“Care to join me? I promise I don’t bite.” The lavender stallion taunts with a smirk, eliciting a peal of bell-like laughter from the petite mare. “Afraid of a little rain?” The girl asks, her grin broadening as the first mist of precipitation begins to fall. Gosh, she shouldn’t pester him - but it’s been a minute since she’s felt loose enough to joke and besides, the last thing on her mind was the idea that suddenly she'd get swept away by a storm.

That prospect actually sounded quite nice. “I don’t know …” She draws out, one hoof easing forward as if to follow where he led, “ … If you really don’t bite.” The girl convinces herself aloud, her other foot stepping up to meet the first. She sees no reason not to go - he was her comrade, right? An Ischian too?

Why does she feel so uncertain, then?

@[Klaudius] @[Krone] KRONE CAN STEP IN ANY TIME NOW PLEASE lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever] - by Nyxa - 01-11-2018, 04:40 PM