• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever]

N y x a

I'm sinking to the bottom of my everything

“Fins.” She corrects him under her breath, when he mentions Kylin’s “wings”. “They’re fins.”

But Klaudius is busy indulging her - saying something about how Krone was his sister and that Ischia harbored plenty of his family. This furrows Nyxa’s usually smooth brow into an adorable wrinkle; the puzzle pieces (though well placed) still seemed a bit off. So there were three, distantly-related horses sharing the same home. So what? Why does his mouth quirk into a wiry smile when he says, sister? As if it were a private joke.

The young mare can only assume that this … odd behavior is due to some vital information she’s lacking. Maybe he and Krone were not full-siblings? Not like her brothers and herself? Her mother, Circinae, had also come from a large brood with a singular sire; Nyxa remembers just how ‘close’ Circy and her half-brother Wyrm had been.

Practically strangers, a few drops of blood away from enemies.

“After you, M’Dear,” The purple stallion offers with a sweep of his brow. Have they reached the cavern already? With a soft glance to her feet, Nyxa can see that, yes, they’ve reached their destination and, yes, this place is a familiar one. Not a grand cave, and not one she’s extensively explored (the best were elsewhere, closer to the heart of Ischia) but a familiar one all the same. With a forlorn sigh, the seamare moves away from the gentle fingers of fresh rain and slips quietly into the dark shadows of Klaudius’ hideaway.

Only a few feet in though and she stops. Her head jerks up; both nostrils flare and at the same moment, her ears strain ahead to listen. “I think there’s water further back … I can almost,” and she whuffs again, “I can almost smell it, can you? Earthy, like mold.” She explains, her voice a silvery whisper in the dark.

“Is there a pool in this grotto?” She turns behind to ask - what a silly question, though - they both know Ischia is practically water itself.

@[Klaudius]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder [Deathwish, Krone, or whoever] - by Nyxa - 01-23-2018, 02:45 PM