• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you’re the pulse that i’ve always needed || any
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    Soft and gentle moonlight spills onto the meadow’s spindly green grasses that sway gently in the warm summertime breeze. Touches of silver illuminate different rocks and trees, cascading and trickling over into the darkness that their shadows hide. Thousands upon thousands of never-ending stars ignite the inky black expanse that stretches above him, yawning indefinitely into nothingness. He can almost feel the pinpricks of stars on his back, washing him in a starlit glow that melts into the alabaster and pale-gold of his two-toned skin.

Though Svedka has always loved the sun and everything beneath it, he has never been frightened of the dark. The darkness only reminds him that light is soon to follow, and brings memories of the fire-lit dances of his mother’s homeland, or the burning red and orange of Tephra’s volcano. 

Solace, his twin, had asked him to venture away from Hyaline - something that he never thought would leave her lips - and trusted that he would return. He would, of course, because no matter how much his heart and soul longs for the wildness of the open, it will always draw itself back to her. So she lets him free, to wander in the meadow, and he hopes she knows that he will return to her. Corvus is there, too, and though he had not seen his buckskin lover in awhile, he is not the type to sit and worry. There are many in Hyaline that grip him with their enchantments, and now that he has begun to build relationships with those people, he would be too curious about them to never return.

As he approaches the center of the meadow, the trek from Hyaline to it now brings him on the cusp of dawn, where darkness still roams powerful but the pulse of the sun quickens beneath the horizon. Despite his traveling, he is not tired - he has not been to the meadow since he was a young colt, and he wonders what mischief will find him today. Smoak is around here somewhere, flitting in and out of the meadow and the forest, adventuring and exploring the same as himself. Perhaps he would run into him today as well.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

Lavendel

She doesnt wander from Sylva often. In fact she hasnt wandered this far from it since her arrival in the autumnal forest. The girl had taken careful watch to keep inside of the kingdom's borders, often too afraid to roam further than just beyond its realm. Though with the dawn of spring she gains confidence to wander. Sylva was a quiet kingdom, and Lamb was a talkative girl. The meadow is nice in the springtime, the many flowers that blanketed the hills sprouting in a brilliant aray of colors and scents. The pale girl especiall loved the bloom of her namesake, its pale purple sprigs shooting from the earth in eager bunches. The further into the meadow she roamed, the brighter the sun seemed to get, the birds chirping fading in and out of her hearing. She see's him then, her wandering frame slowly coming to a stop not far from the golden man. "Hello."  She calls, hoping that the stranger didnt want to be left alone. The whole point of her venture was to make friends. Her second summer would approach soon, and her lessons would push away any free time the girl might have. "Im Lamb, and you are?"

Running through lavender fields, must protect ones self with heavy shields.

[Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l
    Of course he does not wish to be alone.

So when a young woman - bronzed and ivory, much like his sister - approaches him, his brilliant blue gaze finds hers most warmly, his ears flipping towards her and a smile tugging at his pale lips. She is perhaps a little bit younger than himself, and though her voice is soft and shy, her eyes tell him that he is welcome to come closer, to continue the instigation she has started with her shining, tinkling voice. She had stopped before him, golden and amber light from the sunrise painting her white skin in striking colors of the sun (a curious and wondrous sight, he decides), and he meets her by taking only a few more steps forward, craning his neck swiftly before reaching out towards to gently touch his muzzle to her own, his nostrils fluttering as he exchanges his breath with her. 

“Little Lamb,” he says to her softly with a humorous smile, pulling from her and curving his chin to his chest. “I am Svedka. Did you come to the meadow this early to see the wildflowers open up for the sun?” He glances around them, watching as the sun’s warmth beckons to the flowers that grow in bunches around him and Lamb, now even more glorious in color and vibrancy as they open their closed petals, ready to receive their nourishment from the golden sun. 

The stallion tosses his head, his mane and forelock an unusual display of blue and white, shimmering magnificently with the morning sun. He is golden - not like the honey, or bronze, but like the sun itself that warms the horizon and all of Beqanna - and the soft ivory patches of his coat illuminate with oranges and pinks as the sun rises higher into the sky. “That’s one reason I’m here,” he continues with a gentle snort, bobbing his head enthusiastically. “I’ve heard springtime in the meadow is a must-see. Traveled all the way from Hyaline to see it for my own eyes.”
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Lavendel] <3

Lavendel

She smiled as the man stepped forward, pressing his muzzle to her own in a friendly gesture. When he pulls away from her she tosses her head, riding her eyes of silky locks that fell in milky waves against her pole. He repeats her name, the golden male offering her his own dazzling smile in return. His voice was kind, though not existing without the hearty speech of a well spoken man. The painted stallion introduces himself as Svedka, a fitting name for such an intriguing equine as he. She glances around them then, delighted as the closed buds open eagerly at the sun's warm touch. "I did...." Her voice is soft as she marvels at the world she loved oh so much. When she returns her crystalline gaze to Svedka his head is arched, a brilliant display of blue hues tossed with his pale mane. The morning sun reflected brilliantly off of his golden coat. The color brought fond memories of her home to mind, he was painted like the sun that shone through the forest trees in the early morning. What a gorgeous thing to behold! "And a sight to behold it is... I myself traveled from Sylva. Quite a pleasant journey." She had made the trip only once before, though it had been winter then and the sights had changed greatly. The warm weather brought life as well as comfort. Foals danced happily alongside their mothers, rabbits hopped gayly by, and of course, the flowers saught new life. Lamb gazed at the scenery for only a moment longer before smiling pleasantly at Svedka once more. "Do tell me what Hyaline is like Svedka, I have never been."

I'll rest under willows by the run, when skies are pink at set of sun.

@[Svedka]
    L a v e n d e l
    The bold bronze and stark white of her face comes to meet his own, small and delicate against his own features. As he moves to gesture around them at the wildflowers that now dot the golden stalks of the meadow, she follows his gaze. The colors are numerous and vibrant, gently wafting in the breeze that begins to filter through, warm with the morning sun as it trembles across his pale golden skin, playing with the twisting locks of his alabaster and blue mane. Her voice is as soft and wild as the world that they inhabit, and though it is unfamiliar, her voice soothes him. Her youthfulness is perhaps the culprit - remembering when his own sister was this age, and when he was as well, reminiscing on their times as children within the shadow of the volcano and their father’s watchful gaze. It reminds him of simpler times, and he is thankful for his sister’s suggestion to leave Hyaline for a few days to explore now that he has someone to share his thoughts with. He did not do well to be by himself for too long.

“Sylva, you say?” His crystalline blue eyes float back to her, so blue that they perhaps reflect the myriad of colors from the wildflowers in their irises. “I’ve heard of that place.” His father had never allowed them to venture there (or anywhere, really, besides Hyaline with Amet); the territory had been off limits for very good reasons, though when he was young, it had been the most unjust thing he could ever think of. “The trees!” He muses to her, his eyes alight with a daydream that is visible to only him. “I’ve heard they’re tall as mountains, the color of fire! Is it true?” He is brimming with curiosity, palpable by the way he prances before her, light on his hooves.

She asks of Hyaline, and perhaps she as curious as he, so he throws her a breathless smile. “Oh, Hyaline is wonderful. There’s a lake so clear and so deep, I’m not sure if it ever truly ends. I’ve told my sister that we could travel to another world if we swam deep enough.” He laughs, remembering Solace’s face at his outlandish idea. “I can’t get anyone to try it with me.”
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Lavendel]

Lavendel

She giggles at his comparison. Part of it was true, the fiery colors of her home flashing behind her sapphire eyes. "Well perhaps not quite that tall... however they are brilliantly colored." Part of her wanted to take him there to see it for himself, but maybe he did not wish to go. Maybe when they had become closer she would invite him. "There are boulders there the size of horses, some are even twice as big! All year round the forest stays so beautiful.. its as if fall never ends!" There is a bright twinkling in her eye when she speaks of Sylva. How proud she was to call it her home! Her words could not even express how lovely it truly was. 

When he begins to speak of Hyaline though she is excited. The girl dances excitedly upon her hooves, barely staying in place as he speaks so fondly of his home. A bottomless lake? So clear? Her smile widens, ears turning in a thoughtful way. It seemed as though they both held that quiet sparkle for their homes. So why were they here? Lamb knew she didn't come just for the flowers.  "Would you like to come to Sylva one day with me Svedka? I am sure you would love it."  How could someone not? The weather was suited for just about anything, there was always such a soft bed of leaves for resting (or playing) upon! The stream she often found herself by never ran dry, and never rushed too loudly.  Perhaps one day she would show him.

I'll rest under willows by the run, when skies are pink at set of sun.

L a v e n d e l