• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

For there is no need || ANY
    -Sabra girl, clouding my view-

Sabra
    She nods her head, pleased, an effervescent smile lighting her face. "Wonderful! I think you'll like it here very much. I certainly do." The pastel woman stepped forward, and touched her velvet nose lightly to the sweet girl's poll. Still smiling, though perhaps now with a touch more restraint, her bodice curved away, to lead them deeper into the heart of the woods.

The forests of Sylva had known a complicated past, harboring villains and heros alike. It held none of the tropical beauty that was found in Ischia, but something about the shadowy groves appealed to her anyway. There was mystery and adventure to be found in these woods. Deep glades where perhaps ancient secrets slept. Where they headed now though, was the little corner of Sylva that Sabra had determined to be her own, the heart of her domain. As they walked, she continued to speak.

"These woods will become familiar to you. There are many paths that lead to various places. When you leave the golden trees, you leave the boundaries of Sylva, and enter into another's lands. Take care when you do so."

Making their way through the dense tree growth, they came to a place where the woods had not yet recovered entirely. Black scorch marks still marred the trunks of many trees, the ground only just recently beginning to send forth new shoots of fern and yarrow. A great evil had taken place here, not many seasons ago. Somewhat on edge, she quickened the pace, their destination being only a little ways further.

Minutes later, they came to a point where the trees would allow them to go no deeper. The ground was rocky and uneven, perhaps the result of a mountain cast rockslide ages ago. Still memorizing the way herself, age picked out the lightly used trail that would give them what she wanted. Great boulders soon stood in their way, little mountains unto themselves. They lay against each other like fallen giants, creating a natural overhanging shelter in their embrace. Other, smaller boulders dotted the area, inhibiting the growth of larger trees. These stones marked her castle, her fortress.

Bathed in bright daylight, it would make a good place to play for younger ones, with thick vegetation offering plenty of grazing in the warmer months. A clear stream ran nearby, fed by snow melting off the foothills. If next winter was brutal, perhaps her people would find the deep woods more sheltered, but for now, she was pleased with this area. Returning to the gentle girl, she allowed her to take things in, and to recover from their walk.

"You are free to come and go as you please, but I ask that you consider this your place to return to. Have fun, enjoy the woods and all they have to offer. There is nothing here that I know will hurt you. But if you come across anything unusual, you must tell me at once, yes? Strange animals, strange artifacts or strange horses, I want to know all of it. Enjoy yourself, in your second summer, you will begin learning a skill of some sort. We'll see where you fit in when that comes a little closer. Any questions?" She had an idea in her mind, one somewhat inspired by little Lamb. But she would have to wait and see if there was any merit to it. 

Messages In This Thread
    For there is no need || ANY - by Lavendel - 01-15-2018, 01:22 AM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Sabra - 01-15-2018, 01:44 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Lavendel - 01-15-2018, 04:01 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Sabra - 01-16-2018, 02:40 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Lavendel - 01-16-2018, 03:46 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Sabra - 01-17-2018, 01:07 PM
    RE: For there is no need || ANY - by Lavendel - 01-17-2018, 05:07 PM