• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Love looks not with the eyes[Any]

A time of war had struck his once happy home.  Through the rubble of once was, he had lost everything.  His home.  His family. His dearest friends.  War was an ugly creature but in a way was necessary.  So some thought.  He never cared for it but he did what he must to survive.  Unfortunately, he was not able to save the rest.  So with a somber heart, he retreated to find new lands. 

An outcast to the new rule in his world, he turned to the ocean.  He had seen many creatures of the air disappear into the horizon to return many months later.  Surely there was something at the far side of the world he could not see with his eye, but he felt it within his heart.  To survive he must try.

The golden stallion stood solitare along the rocky shoreline of Britannia.  His thick ebony forelock covered the majority of his face, and with a quick toss of his muzzle it revealed his right eye.  Scanning the horizon to the north, he judged the weather for what could be a lengthy flight.  In all his years he had never attempted a flight of unknown distance.  It was his only chance for freedom, and if he should perish at least it be on his own terms.

With one final pause, he launches himself from the shores of his lost home.  He sported no strong set of wings like the birds of the air.  His flight came from within his mind and for lengthy distances was quite draining.  Under him the white-capped waves rolled towards the vanishing cliffs he had departed from.  His eyes never looked back but he knew this of waves.  They grew as they neared land.  

It had been nearly two hours of fighting wind currents when he begins to tire mentally.  All of the strength he could muster was forced into carrying his body north.  Hovering just above the oceans surface.  Fatigue was coursing through him as his eyes catch a glimpse of cragged rocks in the distance.  Just a little farther, he tells himself.  Pushing his mind to the brink but it is no use.  He is slowly descending towards the salt water.  His ivory feathered hoof dipping into the sea. Just a little farther, he pleads to his mind.  He can nearly make out the landscape coming into view.  Jagged rocks, much like the ones he had left, dot across the shoreline.  A forest of gold cast behind them.  There is a faint smile creeping onto his lips, but it is lost as his heavy frame plunges into the waters below him.  His limbs work in unison to draw him nearer to the shore.  Long length of dark banner flows behind him.  He couldn't give up.  Not now.  Not when he was so close...

Powerful strides in the cool waters, bring him within reach of the new lands.  Colonies of sea birds take to the air as he finds his footing to climb out of the dark waters.  His mane, wet and tangled, cake to his soaked hide.  Dark drapery plastered to his face blinds him momentarily.  With whatever strength remained he shook the droplets of liquid from his body.  Tossing his forelock loose and to one side.  Amber eyes turned inland at the vast forest before him.  It was daunting to be in a strange place.  Not knowing if the one he left was less hostile than the one he has come to find.  With a slosh of his soaked tail, he steps forward.  Only one way to find out...

Soft, feathered limbs walk nimbly across the dried forest debris.  The scent of a gentle decay in the air.  Nares flare as he seeks any signs of life.  The thick canopy blocks out most of the sun, but of what he can tell it is just past mid-day.  Local avian of song bird type chirp happily amongst the branches above.  Even with a stranger's presence.  He takes that as a good omen as he continues on cautiously.  His strength was wavering both mental and physical with each step.  He must know more of this new world, so against better judgement he walks on.  There would be time for rest later.

Eros
    , but with the heart

Ok... So this is his backstory and you don't have to read it if you don't want.  Just know he has left his old land to find a new land.  In his old land he has "Mental Flight" basically doesn't need wings.  It's kind of a cupid thing XD.  This old magic is gone as he comes into Beqanna.  He may think he still has it and tries to use it but it will fail.  He is kind, devoted, patient, big-hearted... Basically teddy bear but threaten his home and the ones he cares about and he becomes Bad Ass Pooh Bear Wink
    -She wore a smile like a loaded gun-

Sometimes fate likes to take control. That's the only way she could explain her current situation. She had stood on the brink of destruction, and had found home instead. And what a beautiful home it was. The ever golden forest spread wide over Beqanna, joining the sea at one end. She had come to find that in general, she preferred the forest to the rocky shoreline, but today felt like a day to change things up. Grey clouds gathered thickly overhead, promising a spring storm for later in the day. She did not make it quite to the shoreline when a strange sight occurred.

Coming from the directing she was heading trotted a very damp, careworn looking fellow. The thick dark hair that spun down his shoulders clung in wet tendrils, while sand and leaves were caught in the dense feathering of his large feet. Sabra not a timid thing by nature, but the considerable size difference between them, as well as her advanced pregnancy, made her consider her next course of action hard. It boiled down to duty. What kind of queen would she be, if she could not muster the courage necessary to greet those who ventured into her land? Even rough men such as this.

Nostrils flared slightly, she lifted her head elegantly, a look of regal serenity on her multi toned face. As the soot-dappled man broke through the treeline, she called out, interrupting the birds in their carefree tune. "Hello, and welcome to Sylva. Who might you be?" She sang out lightly, letting her words carry over the short distance between them. 

Sabra

@[Eros]

With each heavied hoof placement he became increasingly tired.  His traveling slowed to a few scattered steps.  The quickly drying sea water and sweat on his thick coat was clumping ever so uncomfortably.  Stopping occasionally he ran his teeth along his flesh to ward off the growing irritation.  He was a downright mess and it irked him so.

After several more strides inland, the trees became increasingly dense.  Brushing past a grove of maples, his barrel rubbed across the brittle bark of one such tree.  His old lands did not have such abundant forests.  An idea swirled within his mind.  Stopping his large crown twist to view the trees again.  A smile is brought to his features as he pivots to his right.  Bringing himself to the side of the tree again.  

Leaning his heavied weight into the large maple, he runs the length of his body along the rough bark.  Immediate relief is felt as the scrapping scratches the most difficult of itches.  Turning to allow the other side the same luxury, he presses into the trunk again.  Stopping just behind his shoulder to allow a good rub of his withers.  He was quite enjoying himself but in his distraction he did not notice another nearing.  Just as he had aligned himself to scratch his dock a voice chimes away the birds song...

A slight jolt forwards from the sudden words bring his thick forelock to shift left.  Ears and eyes work together to find their maker.  Nostrils flare as quick puffs of air rattle through his sinus passageways.  With a swivel of his head he sights the pearlescent mare.  Processing still her announcement and question.  

Once his thoughts had collected(it only takes a few seconds) his amber eye meets the icey gaze of the fair lady.  With a customary bow of his head he addresses her, "I am Eros of Britannia...  I've come from a land far away." His ashed face rises again, "This land is called Sylva?" He tests the name on his tongue.  It feels foreign but that's to be expected.  A smile hides any weary feeling he is having, "It is beautiful.  I have never seen so many trees nor of these colors.  We have...had...a much colder climate." He fumbles at his words.  The thought of his home being destroyed was so new he hadn't quite come to terms with it yet.  Nevertheless he focuses on the situation at hand, "And what be your name, miss?" A slight toss of his head brings his think curtain to switch sides.  Falling slightly behind his left eye as he tries to view the Pegasus with both golden eyes. 

Eros
    Will You Be Mine

@[Sabra] sorry, he got away from me again lol
    -Sabra girl, clouding my view-

It was a close battle, to not giggle at the stallion's antics, for clearly he was in some discomfort. But watching his sheer pleasure at scraping along the rough barked trees was certainly something to see. Really, it was almost a pity to interrupt him. Oh well. His startled jump away from his arboreal assistant managed to jerk a quickly quelled laugh from her lips, soon replaced with a more solemn expression as he made to introduce himself. Stepping a bit closer, she bowed her head slightly in kind to his greeting.

Curiosity lit her face as his words sank in. Britannia? She'd never heard of such a place. And his accent carried the truth of his words, lilting in a way not found by those who had lived in Beqanna long. "Yes. It is but one of several kingdoms of which our country is comprised of. Beqanna is the name of the whole, although I rather think my corner of it is the best." She mentioned conversationally. A gentle toss of her red-gold mane loosened the hair from her eyes, letting her examine the newcomer properly. Exhaustion was etched into the lines of his face, so much so that she had to admire his effort at small talk. It was in sharp contrast to the last time a man had appeared out of nowhere to find her.

A brief mental argument took place, between caution and hospitality. Hospitality won. Kicking herself slightly for her lapse in manners, she smiled a little helplessly when he asked for her name. "Sabra. My name is Sabra. I welcome you to my kingdom, Eros." Her bright blue eyes met his briefly, before she broke contact and shifted her gaze to the surrounding woods. "Come, if you will. I can offer you food and water, and a place to rest. You look as though you could use it. You will have to tell me more about this Britannia some day, it sounds like an interesting realm." She assessed, shifting her pregnant weight to lead him to her new home. The faceted woman looked back at him, a distant smile on her lips. She did not know anything about this man, except that he came from far away. But he was stoutly built and seemed kind enough. He could serve her kingdom well, if that was where he desired to stay. 

Sabra

@[Eros]

The sunlight that filtered through the golden leaves, cast a glow along his pelt.  Causing it to shine but not as brightly as it usually has.  The dried salt brine and sweat, alongside mud, dulled his usually brilliant hue.  It was rather unbecoming and as another itch prickled along his spine, it takes everything in him not to reach around and rake his teeth through the irritation.  Retaining his focus upon her words of her kingdom and the land he has happened upon.  With a gentle nod he acknowledges her fondness of her country, “As you should prefer your land to the rest...  Otherwise I may have to reconsider my wish to reside here.” A joking grin creases his maw. Humor comes awkwardly to the sooty stag.

Eventually she reveals her name and it is met with a smile.  Shifting his weight from one hip to the other when her gaze shifts to the forest.  Amber eyes follow briefly before returning to look upon the bird-like appendages at her sides.  His eyes don't linger long but he wonders if they served the same purpose as the avian of the skies.  Attentively listening, even as fatigue plagues him, he is grateful to hear her offer of accommodations.  “I’d appreciate all you and your kingdom have to offer.  It had been a long flight to get here.  We can speak of my home lands in due time. Id much rather hear of this Beqanna,” he finishes just before she shifts to lead him across her lands.  Not realizing she may question his ability of having flown here due to his lack of wings.  Of what he’s seen so far he is pleased he decided to risk his life for a new start to the north.

Following in her wake, he allows her a respectable distance between them.  Noting briefly the heavied midsection she carried.  Having known the appearance of a woman with child he assumes but does not ask.  It would be impolite and he has no business asking.  So he settles for diplomatic chit chat, “I image not all of Beqanna has such colorful scenery...?  I have never seen such beauty these trees hold.  Britannia is a land of ice and snow.  Little grows across most of it.”  His heavied steps follow into a smooth rhythm behind the pearlescent lady.  An occasion toss of his muzzle bring the dark veil across his view to pardon.  Restoring his sight once again.  

Eros
    Will You Be Mine

@[Sabra] <3