• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Silly suggestion?
    I'm a stickler for having specific breeds for my characters, I like that the one word can define their characteristics, and that I can use that as a title for them occasionally.

With how muddled BQ bloodlines become, and considering the hassle it is to dig through every single ancestor's breed to just come up with a mouthful that essentially means "mut," I have ended up with many hybrid horses, who, in my brain, are all weird, blobby, characteristicless monsters.

What would the chances be if we could assign a breed to a character who's breed is "hybrid" - or if that's too lax, whose parents and grandparents were all hybrids too? I think it introduces structure back into the bloodlines, even if it's not how It Really Works.

And I mean, if this is a no, can I just call them a breed for the sake of being able to use it as a descriptor and a visual aid/put that breed on their profile? But still breed them as hybrids?
    So there's a couple option's here, though I don't know if they are exactly what you are looking for.

1) If you can show that your character is largely one breed, are largely a combination of two breeds somewhere in their line, we will almost always be happy to update that to their breed. So maybe they are Arabian x Percheron Hybrid with some other stuff thrown in, but there's enough of those two breeds to make it dominate. That said, that does require some work, though the new fancy database does make it a little easier

2) You can use your profile to detail what you want your horse to look like. We'd prefer that the Breed section in the profile match the database, so a hybrid should stay a hybrid. But you have a much more detailed Appearance section that you can use to make your horses less blobby. I know there's no "description" but you could use "Discerning Features" for that, or if a bunch of people want a basic "Description" field in the Appearance section I can code that in pretty quickly.

Does that help at all?